• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let's get real with the events

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1129352
  • Start date

DeletedUser9601

what a bunch of rude replies a simple intelligent conversation is all i wanted but this hostility is amazing.
the speric stub 4x4 and 6900 culture points! wow that was worth working for way down there.

Trying to do this in a non-hostile way, so apologies if not:
I think you need to keep a few things in mind.
1. You are comparing apples to oranges when looking at "is this event worth it". You need to keep in mind daily prizes as well as grand prizes. Your spheric stub isn't that great anymore. Its 431 culture per square. The first day's prize (Burning Man) gives 4400 culture in 6 squares (733/square) for someone in Elementals. Pick up 2 of those and you've crushed the Stub's output and saved 4 squares.

Even if you don't like/want the grand prizes, you still have to acknowledge that on the path to getting the grand prizes, you are picking up daily buildings (which are hands-down better than anything except the supremely overpowered, and now nerfed, Winter Stars).

If you want seeds and mana, grab the daily prizes that produce that. They'll be better than anything you can build without diamonds (and there aren't any seed buildings you could buy).

2. Inno is rightly getting away from huge buildings that offer everything. You're looking for a large building (which is therefore more efficient) that offers pop/culture, mana and seeds!? Aka the best building in the world. In exchange for an event that you can complete in less than a week if you have 3-4 expansions set aside? That's waaaay too much to ask.

Its a pretty clear development decision, for a few reasons. A. with Royal Restoration, if people only had 3-4 super event buildings, then you'd pretty quickly stop doing events. Because you'd just upgrade your 4 spheric stub equivalents forever, and never need anything else. B. the "super 3rd grand prize" is really bad at creating a dichotomy between payers and free-to-play. We all whine that Inno just wants money, but the event prize structure is much, much fairer than those from say 2 years ago.

3. You can't just wave away the "value" that certain sets provide. I get wanting to see more pop/culture on Grand Prize 1 and 2, but keep in mind that the tier 1 goods given are basically population. Cornucopia gives 3.3K tier 1, which more than a level 26 marble factory produces in 3 hours. So call it worth 20% of a marble factory. Your marble factory costs 5.6K pop, so you're basically getting 1K pop worth of marble production.

I don't personally love this mechanic for my city - I've been wary of relying too much on set buildings. But you can't pretend that its giving you nothing. Cornucopia will be the first building I delete when I need space, but I am not going to ignore its value.

4. Inno needs to realistically offer variety. Right now you might want mana and seeds out of your prizes. But not everyone does. Someone like Soggy, mana and seeds are a waste because he's at the end of the chapter. So let's look at sets from the various events (not including pop/culture in these), and see the variety:
-Winter 2017 - offered supplies, coins, tier 1 goods, orcs and mana
-Spring 2018 - offered tier 1, 2 and 3, and supplies
-Summer 2018 - offered tier 1, coins, mana (and seeds for high levels)
-Fall 2018 - Day Set offers tier 1, coins and supplies; Night Set offers Tier 2 and 3, and mana and seeds.

[Aside: isn't the Night Set offering exactly what you want (albeit its hard to get for free), and if you got really lucky with some of the shrines, you could have a completely overpowered mana/seed production building.]

Conclusion - they can't (and shouldn't) offer the same building over and over again. The first few events, it was get a huge 5x5 pop/culture building that just sits in the corner and does nothing. Its a great building, and without a doubt "worth it," but that gets boring, and as described above, becomes problematic from a game development standpoint. Sometimes an event might not have optimized rewards for you at a particular time in the game. But that doesn't mean "write off the whole event as a waste." That sort of attitude is going to rightly get some hostility back at you.

DeletedUser12171

A lot of truth in what Tedious said, and if it's the same type of building throughout, then it's just a matter of cosmetics. I kinda would not like to potentially spend money on simply getting the same building in a different skin.

The newer pure-culture buildings do give very good culture per square. I wish they could be bigger so they can offer more overall culture. But it's just a "it would be great if" and not a "I would die if it were not" matter. I am content with having a smaller cake and eating it

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1129352

1. I go for instants and sometimes daily buildings never said it wasn't worth it. if it wasn't worth it I wouldn't waste my time. that was 6900 in level 5 or 6 what is that prize worth in those levels?
2. nice
3. never said giving nothing I said the event wasn't giving a fair value for the grand prizes for the time and effort needed to get there...I have finished many events and not had nearly enough "points" earned to get the grand prize so I imagine many spend $ to get there. not that I can complain about spending money. if none of us supported the game it would not be able to pay the staff that keeps it going.
don't want a spheric stub!!!!!!!!!!!! what I said it was the best prize given. like I said I still have it in one city but found it a waste of space in another. I want a prize that can compare with it for me at this level not me as a newbie
...and when did I ever say the event was a waste? where do you get such nonsense? MY ONLY GRIPE IS THAT THE GRAND PRIZES ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE WORK AND/OR $$$ NEEDED TO WIN THEM!

Deleted User - 1129352

These are the best rewards since winter 2016, arguably the best rewards ever.

Set #1 Is like getting 6 free expansions and is very easy to get with just 4 daily buildings needed.
Edit:I forgot the culture needed in this one, so more like 7 or 8 expansions saved
View attachment 4569
Or if you go hard on it and get 9 daily prizes it's like getting 20 free expansions
View attachment 4570

Set #2 is the equivalent of a max level T2 and two max level T3s. It's like getting 22 Free expansions.
View attachment 4571

The Portal Profit building can potentially remove the need to build any guest race buildings other than the portal. A savings of about 20 expansions.
Chapters require between 3x and 7x level 4 portal capacity. A single Portal Profit building produces 1.25x portal capacity.
In other words getting 6 Portal profit buildings allows you to completely skip an entire chapter's guest race goods requirements.

"Trivial rewards"? I think not.
The portal supply building sounds cool I will have to look that one up when is that up for grabs?

DeletedUser9601

MY ONLY GRIPE IS THAT THE GRAND PRIZES ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE WORK AND/OR $$$ NEEDED TO WIN THEM!
Ok, and we're trying to point out that isn't true in all instances. Keep in mind that what you were looking for (pop/culture/mana/seeds) isn't necessarily what everyone needs, and sometimes the grand prizes provide different rewards.

Spheric Stub - Gave 6,900 culture in Orcs in Fall 2017 for the first grand prize
-above average culture for 16 squares.

Cornucopia Sanctuary - Gives 870 population and 740 culture in Orcs in Fall 2018. First grand prize. Also gives 1,810 tier 1 goods every 24 hours. Also is part of a set, but let's assume that you won't get any other set buildings.

Stub - gives you 231/sq.
Cornucopia - gives you 97 pop and 82 cult per sq. Now, its hard to compare pop to culture, but in Orcs, you're getting about 67 pop/sq with a residence, and 145 culture/sq from Campfire BBQ. So let's say that population is twice as valuable, per square, than it is in Orcs [feel free to dispute this - like I said, its hard to compare the two - but based on Inno's values on a per sq basis...]. So right now you're already surpassing the Stub, because 97 + 97 + 82 is 276. So you get the equivalent of 276 culture/sq, which is higher than the 231.

AND we haven't factored in the Tier 1 goods. Tier 1 goods from Cornucopia is 7.1 goods per square per hour. A Tier 1 factory in Orcs (level 19) varies due to size differences, but let's use elven marble/planks, which produce 2,611 goods per 3 hours assuming max boost. On a per square and per hour basis, that's down to 87 goods hour. So you're getting about 10% of a Tier 1 factory, but that factory costs 1,050 population to run (which is 15 squares worth of population in Orcs) So its not 10%. Its actually much higher, because the factory's per-square production is lowered by all those extra residences.

I won't go into the math alot, but as you can see, you're getting more than 30% of a Tier 1 factory in Orcs in the same footprint that you get the pop and the culture.

So Cornucopia is giving you a good amount of pop and culture (arguably as much as Stub, when converted), AND its giving you a part of a factory's worth of Tier 1 goods.

I get all the counters, because I make them myself. I'm not pursuing either Day Set or Night Set, and the Grand Prizes for me are just icing on the cake for getting 11 Trading Posts:
-You prefer culture to pop, so the pop doesn't help. Fine, that's your playstyle. No dispute here.
-Maybe you have enough Tier 1 goods. Fine, I feel the same way and have ignored sets.
-Culture buildings are easier to place. Agreed I really like having just a little corner of culture and pop/culture buildings that make city layout MUCH easier, and it stinks that sets reset the 24 hour timer every time you move them.
I don't disagree that you prefer Stub to Cornucopia. But the crux of this thread is that A. you said the prizes are trivial (and have since changed that to the Grand Prizes are trivial), and B. people disagreeing with you. These prizes probably don't match your current needs, or maximize your current city. But the total value of the prizes cannot be disputed. They're packing a lot more "value" into each building than they have in past events.

Deleted User - 1129352

Ok, and we're trying to point out that isn't true in all instances. Keep in mind that what you were looking for (pop/culture/mana/seeds) isn't necessarily what everyone needs, and sometimes the grand prizes provide different rewards.

Spheric Stub - Gave 6,900 culture in Orcs in Fall 2017 for the first grand prize
-above average culture for 16 squares.

Cornucopia Sanctuary - Gives 870 population and 740 culture in Orcs in Fall 2018. First grand prize. Also gives 1,810 tier 1 goods every 24 hours. Also is part of a set, but let's assume that you won't get any other set buildings.

Stub - gives you 231/sq.
Cornucopia - gives you 97 pop and 82 cult per sq. Now, its hard to compare pop to culture, but in Orcs, you're getting about 67 pop/sq with a residence, and 145 culture/sq from Campfire BBQ. So let's say that population is twice as valuable, per square, than it is in Orcs [feel free to dispute this - like I said, its hard to compare the two - but based on Inno's values on a per sq basis...]. So right now you're already surpassing the Stub, because 97 + 97 + 82 is 276. So you get the equivalent of 276 culture/sq, which is higher than the 231.

AND we haven't factored in the Tier 1 goods. Tier 1 goods from Cornucopia is 7.1 goods per square per hour. A Tier 1 factory in Orcs (level 19) varies due to size differences, but let's use elven marble/planks, which produce 2,611 goods per 3 hours assuming max boost. On a per square and per hour basis, that's down to 87 goods hour. So you're getting about 10% of a Tier 1 factory, but that factory costs 1,050 population to run (which is 15 squares worth of population in Orcs) So its not 10%. Its actually much higher, because the factory's per-square production is lowered by all those extra residences.

I won't go into the math alot, but as you can see, you're getting more than 30% of a Tier 1 factory in Orcs in the same footprint that you get the pop and the culture.

So Cornucopia is giving you a good amount of pop and culture (arguably as much as Stub, when converted), AND its giving you a part of a factory's worth of Tier 1 goods.

I get all the counters, because I make them myself. I'm not pursuing either Day Set or Night Set, and the Grand Prizes for me are just icing on the cake for getting 11 Trading Posts:
-You prefer culture to pop, so the pop doesn't help. Fine, that's your playstyle. No dispute here.
-Maybe you have enough Tier 1 goods. Fine, I feel the same way and have ignored sets.
-Culture buildings are easier to place. Agreed I really like having just a little corner of culture and pop/culture buildings that make city layout MUCH easier, and it stinks that sets reset the 24 hour timer every time you move them.
I don't disagree that you prefer Stub to Cornucopia. But the crux of this thread is that A. you said the prizes are trivial (and have since changed that to the Grand Prizes are trivial), and B. people disagreeing with you. These prizes probably don't match your current needs, or maximize your current city. But the total value of the prizes cannot be disputed. They're packing a lot more "value" into each building than they have in past events.

great info there!! thanks. So INNO make the hoops with a little less fire or the reward for jumping through them a little better. Y'all have to admit these events are requiring a LOT more than they used to (and, for me, the reward value has not really grown with the effort.)

DeletedUser9601

great info there!! thanks. So INNO make the hoops with a little less fire or the reward for jumping through them a little better. Y'all have to admit these events are requiring a LOT more than they used to (and, for me, the reward value has not really grown with the effort.)
In some ways, definitely. The 32 Relics quest is a lot, especially if you're not active in tournaments. And the 5x 24 hour builds is a tough one. And the reality is that as you progress, you spend more and more city space (and builders and resources) on guest races, which don't coincide with quests.
But they also got rid of some of the tougher quests: remember the "pay gold/pay supplies" quests? Those sucked. Or the "make bread 80 times" from Spring 2017?
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/march-of-the-herds

I definitely get feeling like the rewards are meh. If they didn't have the Trading Posts, I'm not sure what I'd do for daily prizes. Maybe hope that Magical Mana Hut shows up? Or the military boost buildings. But I also appreciate that its situational. Last Winter, I went crazy on the Mana Fountains, and it was almost too much mana production. And in the Summer Event, I loaded up on Festival Merchants, and have never had a shortage of Divine Seeds since then.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
what a bunch of rude replies a simple intelligent conversation is all i wanted but this hostility is amazing.
I don't think anyone was trying to be hostile, but it is a little difficult in a discussion when someone keeps moving the goalposts.

1. First, you posted that the effort and rewards don't line up, giving the time for scouts and research as an example.
Naturally, we explained that with planning you can use the alternative quest option to upgrade a building bringing the effort: reward ratio back in line.
2. Then you said that isn't the point, and that the rewards are trivial.
So we showed you how awesome the rewards actually are.
3. Then you said no, not those rewards, the other ones, the grand prizes.
Which again are actually awesome since they save you space that you can use to improve your production of absolutely anything you want
4. Next, you gave us an explanation of what you would find reasonable which is a huge building that does everything.
Tedious was kind enough to give a very detailed explanation of why that doesn't work (TL;DR restoration spells would be too powerful)
5. Now you are back to saying that "Y'all have to admit these events are requiring a LOT more than they used to"
Again, not accurate if you look at previous events.
Have a look at last major:https://elvengems.com/woodelvenstock/sequential-quests/

Woodstock needed:
  • more scouting/upgrading
  • more solve encounters(with no alternative option)
  • more toolboxes
  • 3 fewer relics
  • more mixed tier 1 productions (including 24h ones!)
  • spells
  • no 2 days, but loads of 1 day T1
Prior events as @Tedious pointed out didn't even give you alternative options for the scout/solve

Deleted User - 1129352

My argument has been the same throughout. Your first response was some smart alec nonsense about nothing I said originally and so were several others trying to give advice about how to plan through them. Then and through out I have been credited with saying that the events were worthless a waste of time and several other things I have not said nor to my knowledge implied. I have only tried to make my point clear to those who didn't bother to read the whole thread or visit my cities before commenting the way some did. the only person that talked with evidence to back up his thoughts has been Tedious a lot of the other responses were just opinions or just plain off topic.

Now think about what was needed back when you first started playing the game. Are the newer ones on the same level of difficulty? I think not. I remember thinking jeez I gotta wait 12 hour for my province to get scouted that was 1 scouting not two. I realize they should be tougher since I have moved up a few levels since then but the prizes should match up better. I know you don't agree and am at a loss at you aggressiveness on the topic. Chill we don't all think alike but can communicate in a more civilized manner

. ...and my point is the rewards have not grown as fast as the effort to earn them has. I don't know how to phrase that any easier and I apologize for not making it clearer in my first post.

The Unbeliever

This is actually the first event in a good while that's offering something for ALL levels of players imho...
Typically between events & (*shudders*) Fellowship misadventures, the prizes as of late have generally been very narrow in their usefulness. (ie: Woodelvenstock was great for mana & seed chapter players, but mostly just rank gak for anyone @Fairies and lower).

Lower age players and/or anyone who don't have millions of spare T1 goods laying around yet like to Tournament every week can get good use out of the Sun set.
Mana or Seed chapter players especially can go ballistic for the Night set and/or add some Ponds.
Anyone interested in diamond farming still has a little over an hour left to hoard yet more Wishing Wells, which have also recently been massively buffed!:diamond::diamond::diamond:
I bagged 2x Burning Man in each of my cities on day 1 (no diamonds spent!) for their insanely good culture. (...but more importantly, because I just think the building looks flippin' cool!;))

And finally, regardless of what you go for from now in events in general, Royal Restoration will soon be a thing, so you can even plan ahead with prizes that may be at first average/slightly above average in a given area, (ie: a goods->mana->seeds type building), and then continue to level it with RR spells as you progress further into the game!

DeletedUser5521

Just stumbled in here to read the OP and the feedback and got to this response^^^^^.......and I must say I'm confused. So I read it back a second and third time...yup. Still confused. I'm totally missing the "rudeness and hostility". I get that no one has said "Yes you are absolutely right and I agree with you 100%", but no one was actually rude or hostile either. Sometimes it's very hard to voice a different opinion without the person on the receiving end feeling offended, and I think that is all that happened here. The peeps that responded to this post are some of the more helpful and more vocal of the contributors to the Forums, and, IMHO, were only trying to help here too, and not offend you, @IMTheMaster . I understand that this may not be what you wanted when you posted, but, unfortunately, that IS the nature of the Forum: people are going to reply to your post. And our dear Soggy will often keep on going until he changes your mind or you offer him some cake. So if I may ... just offer him some cake next time. He's really quite a nice guy and very knowledgeable, even if you don't agree with him :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@IMTheMaster I'm not at your level in the game yet in my largest city, as I just entered Halflings a few days into this event. But, I want buildings with mana and seeds, too! Mostly seeds as I've got the Dragon Abbey, 9 mana huts, 7 burning pools, 5 Mystical Lakes, 2 spring flower cages, and a sawmill from prior events for mana. I went to Gems of Knowledge and looked over the different options. It took a minute, because of the 2 available sets this game, but here's what I decided (along with my convoluted logic to go with it;))
I think I've gotten the first 2 GP's most events (may not have in the one with the slot machine chests) just by going for dailies. So, if I'm trying, should get the 2nd GP by just spending moon splinters. I did spend $5 to up the probability of that happening by buying the mirror (thank the gaming gods I logged into the right city at the right time!) Not really dying to get it for its own rewards, but I can always use T2 goods. It's 5x3, so the same size as my libraries. The two shrines that go with it are both 1X1. Kirit gives mana (940/day in Ch11 with no link bonuses). It already showed up, but could show up again later, and I got 2 of those. I'm saving all my slivers now for Krarak as it gives 200 seeds/day by itself, but needs the set buildings to avoid each one needing a road. The first link bonus will make it give a total of 300 and a second link bonus would make it give a total of 500. I'm going for however many I can get with the number of slivers I have by the day it shows up. I plan to ring the 2nd GP with the shrines and fiddle with the placement to get the most seeds I can get out of it with whatever bonus mana and T2 goods it gives. I just didn't see any of the other event buildings that gave seeds that had as many seeds/square even at the Shrine of Krarak's base level. Depends on how many I get and how I arrange them as to whether that will be a good use of the additional 15 squares I'm going to have to count in the final tally to get a true seeds/square number. I'm just new to the seeds resource and want as many buildings making it as I can until I'm more comfortable with the amounts that are required vs what I'm making vs decay...
Going a whole different direction with my Ch5 city; trying for the full First set. The quests have seemed easier/less time consuming there than in the Halflings city, but the two cities are pretty close to the same number of quests completed. I keep extra space in both cities for events, but I have more right now in the bigger city as I haven't even started building guest race stuff (have only unlocked the portal so far anyway). I did put 15 temporary libraries in some of that guest race space to stockpile mana, but that still leaves loads of room.

DeletedUser8709

Is anyone else experiencing no success at all in acquiring even 1 Daily Prize? Three of us in our fellowship have tried multiple times, opening all sizes of cornucopias, with no luck at all so far. I tried 6 times to get one prize, and ran my supply of moon shards down to zero, with only 2 coin rains and 1 time booster to show for it. The other three cornucopias were very gratifying prizes of enough additional moon shards to try another three times, but in the end, no Daily Prize at all so far, even on other earlier attempts. This gambling is one of the elements that frustrates me. I much prefer the Grand Prizes, with a set price and only my own decisions to make on how to acquire enough sun flares. It's getting so I don't even want to know what is possible in the Daily Prizes. Especially when I see in another player's city that they have two or three of something I tried for.

DeletedUser1016

I get that no one has said "Yes you are absolutely right and I agree with you 100%", but no one was actually rude or hostile either
Totally agree. I found the majority of this tread incredibly insightful and informative. Actually a ton of the response must have taken great effort and time to put together. Wow, such amazing dedication to this forum on many levels by many folks.

The peeps that responded to this post are some of the more helpful and more vocal of the contributors to the Forums, and, IMHO, were only trying to help here too, and not offend you, @IMTheMaster .
DITTO!!!!

btw I am done with this thread
...Hate to say this, but kinda glad. I found the entire discussion unreasonable. :confused: At least I got a ton of good advice from the other contributors. Thank you to all that tried to help him/her.

OH yeah, me too .... Cake please.