• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Yep a 64 yr old noob!

DeletedUser20886

Elvenar handle Rigonar, seems to follow me to each world I start up in. Got a few questions, so will be posting in other forum threads soon.
I have played now for all of two weeks, and mostly enjoy the game, WHEN it advances enough TO enjoy. Hurry up and Wait is fun huh? Fixed income means very little 'expendable income'. Diamonds don't chew very well, actually. But the owners designed it so they can have some income from any and all Users. In the meantime, I do manage to have a little fun. I wouldn't be here typing this otherwise, yeah? :p

Battle is a little puzzling, but no more so than figuring out how to advance through the rest of the game.

I would LOVE to be able to turn the table around, zoom in closer for a clearer view of the graphics. These are my two ideas for a better game, so far. Spin n Tilt, tighter Zooming.

Yep, I be 64, live in the 'Top O Texas', the Panhandle, am a Grandpa some 17 times now I hear. Don't drive a lot, wish I could! I find this whole Elvenar game a lot like a kind of "Where's Waldo?" thing. And I LIKE the Waldo thing! Ah, idea 3, add a Waldo feature. Heh!

OK off to play now!

shimmerfly

Many Welcomes @Rigonar :D! You'll find a lot of "mature " players here.
It's a great game and if you have gathered patience along your journey you'll have a lot of fun.
Ask any questions you may have. Lots of help is always available.

DeletedUser20886

I thank you for the warm Welcome, Shimmerfly, and extend you Salutations!
Being so new to the game, and seeing it is "just" a browser game; IS there a way to like spin/tilt the view of the whole board? Not just a building or item, the whole 'tabletop'. The current means of simply lowering opacity of the items doesn't help that much when you want to get spectacular screen caps!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Welcome! Just a few suggestions. To get rid of the fog go to the big gear right side bottom. Click small gear for options. Turn off atmospheric effects. Second is how I zoom out to see whole city and in to see greater detail when I want that. On your keyboard hold down Ctrl button. Then use scroll wheel on top of your mouse to zoom in or out. I really use that frequently since age and medical stuff has made my eyesight worse. Last but not least, you never have to spend diamonds! Plenty of players never do. Without diamonds progress may be slower but if you're like me retirement has left lots & lots of time

DeletedUser20396

Welcome! Just a few suggestions. To get rid of the fog go to the big gear right side bottom. Click small gear for options. Turn off atmospheric effects. Second is how I zoom out to see whole city and in to see greater detail when I want that. On your keyboard hold down Ctrl button. Then use scroll wheel on top of your mouse to zoom in or out. I really use that frequently since age and medical stuff has made my eyesight worse. Last but not least, you never have to spend diamonds! Plenty of players never do. Without diamonds progress may be slower but if you're like me retirement has left lots & lots of time
I also want to add to that, if the ctrl scroll thing makes lines on your screen, you adjust to default, and at the bottom of the screen in the righthand corner, there is a zoom in and zoom out magnifier glass. :) Hope this helps, and Welcome!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

DeletedUser20396

Yes, but KP is welcome if you want to. I wasn't in the same world, so I couldn't. They do it for the fun, and the enjoyment of someone being happy with it. :)
Edit:

DeletedUser20396

I do really enjoy making them for people it is fun and a challenge sometimes, but always worth it when I make that persons day with a signature that they will love to have! I try to make each signature different so that it is unique and made especially for that person!

DeletedUser20886

Me too! ;o) I may not be as imaginative as them, but I do dabble with my own graphics time to time.

I should have thought about the CTL Scrollwheel thing. But what I really wanted to see would be the original full sized images before the game engine resizes them down. Sigh.

DeletedUser20886

Hey Saphirra, that dragon does look much more like Chris's description in the books than the 3D animators version with feathered wings in the movie Eragon.
I have the Inheritance Cycle, the books are about due a re-read! :D Although Rachel Weisz was a great choice for her voice!

DeletedUser20396

Druindar Faric did my Avatar and sig line. :) We, (My siblings and me,) have three of the inheritance books. :) I haven't seen the movie, but was told it wasn't like the book. :) P.S the "Magnificent" part is from C.S Lewis's Narnia series. :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Do they do that for free?
Yes Deborah I do them for free, I enjoy it !! If you click on the "HERE" under my signature you will go to my art page where you can ask for one!
Welcome to the game Rigonar, the game gets a little better as you get bigger and there will be more events and fellowship adventures coming soon, If you have not joined a fellowship yet, I would recommend it.
I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do! Here are some helpful guides to help you get to know the game a little better.
playing guide
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/
battle guides
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-101.4968/
Also Gems of knowledge is a great place to find info for the game as well.
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/

The wiki on the first page of the forum (right hand side at the top of the page) has a lot of good info too.
Happy gaming!!

DeletedUser20886

Druindar Faric did my Avatar and sig line. :) We, (My siblings and me,) have three of the inheritance books. :) I haven't seen the movie, but was told it wasn't like the book. :) P.S the "Magnificent" part is from C.S Lewis's Narnia series. :)
I read the first two books before seeing the movie. I had to wait for the second book to be released. Bought that and read it in a weekend. Chris is easy enough to follow, I'm sure you see this. Then bought and watched the movie. I think I cussed Stefan Fangmeir for a month straight non-stop. I mean hey, HE was the Director. The studio(s) handed him a budget, he had a set of producers and they started to work. Granted they had a limited budget to work with. But that does not excuse total absence of books material, absolutely ruining the whole Dwarven City. Some things they got right or at least acceptable. Saphira herself looked better than Chris's own description of her. But turning the inside of the old volcano which was the Dwarven Capitol, into a bamboo forest and jungle?! Aw C'MON! Lots of differences and changes, all ascribed to "Artistic License" made me want to face him down personally and dress HIM down.
IF you put the books aside, make yourself not compare the film to them as you watch it; Eragon is a pretty good stand alone movie. But, it fairly trashed the books. Chris was happy to get the worldwide attention, as it definitely sold far more books. Lets call the movie the "Poor Cousin" and leave it there now. Hey I still watch it now and then, and re-read one or all the books of the cycle. I used to draw some of the scenes out, like I did the Edgar Rice Burroughs books as a kid. I am no Frank Frazetta by any means, but I have fun doing the odd story illustrations.

Vergazi

Welcome Rigonar.

This is a good guide to Battling-

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/

I also recommend the WIKI-

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I find it useful to build up my troops between tournaments and then use them during tournaments to save on having to use up valuable goods which I need so desperately for other things like research activations, upgrades and so forth.

Hope it's helpful...one old noob to another. Have fun in Elvenar!