• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NEW PROVINCE REQUIREMENT IN PROVINCES!! UNFAIR

DeletedUser

30vozkp.jpg
something anything like this?
In that instance I would have kept my barbarians just out of range of the steinlings and golems.

Start by selecting axe barbarians in slot 1,2 and 4. Priest in slot 3 and the cerberus in slot 5. Leave barbarians in slot 1 and 2 for the first round right where they are and move barbarians in slot 4 closer to enemy by one hex. Move cerberus to south and 2 hexes closer to enemy so he can go south around the obstacle to hit golem in round 2. The steinling and golem would move 3 spaces straight towards the barbarians and be unable to hit them and the orc will move south to get closer to the cerberus. Hit steinling with priest.

In round 2 you can attack the steinling with 2 barbarian squads and the golem with 1 barbarian and the cerberus. That should take out the golem and leave minimal steinlings. You will most likely lose 50% to 80% of one squad of barbarians in the next round but should be able to finish the encounter in round 3 with minor additional losses.

joncrichton

I was doing it the other way round. I've been waiting until overwhelming forces were available, and then I went back and rolled over the defenders.

<sigh> If I have to fight, I'm not the least bit interested in fighting fair.

Same here and now I need 55 provinces to start fairies

DeletedUser1122

I guess this is falling by the wayside: From Wiki
In this enchanting city-builder you can play as an Elf, be close to nature and give to your city a more magical plant-like look. Or you can choose the engineering Humans option and be the founder of an industrialized powerhouse with medieval style
"Negotiate or fight over powerful Relics to boost your production.
You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you."
These statements are as accurate as Katwijk's
arithmetic
Sure hope the fairies are as blood thirsty as mosquitoes because this renewed interest in combat points to provincial tournaments and combat as the only way to get Fairy relics.

DeletedUser

And it STILL asks which you prefer to do in the first chapter. I have heard it all to justify their reasoning for this new requirement. But let me tell you, being in a good, balanced FS can be hard to say the least. Even when everyone is trading, there may be shortages of some trade items due to many reasons. We have 3 people on vacation in one of the FS I am in. Now we are short on steel and crystals. Negotiations are out if this is what is needed. Some players are having a hard time locating a FS that fits their needs and visa versa. I could go on rambling, but I wont.

DeletedUser1999

View attachment 613 View attachment 613 View attachment 614 Crushing Canon since Ch.III
I've got a short super basic document with pics of troop types showing who you should use against different types of enemies. I made it for some members who just didn't like the fighting, didn't want to read the battle guide or the wiki so it's a really truncated kind of quick n dirty beginners guide, Ill send you a copy.

I see you chose humans, well they are probably the better fighters, but unfortunately I chose the Elves and they suck until you get to sorceress which I haven't gotten to yet. Until then it's not fun. Also the AI just doubles there troops so even though I like the fighting the best, I gave up because I lose more than I win, and the supplies wasted on building troops is enormous. I have 400 troops the AI has 800 how can I win? The only fighter that can get sort of close is the archer, and there defense is too weak to bring up front, so your stuck with the lame dancers who can only go 3 spaces, give me a break. The enemy archers can reach you usually on turn one, and the cannoneers always get you. Who thought up this ridiculous one sided battle. I don't care how good you think you are, you're going to lose allot of troops fighting. I never give up, but I was so agitated having to spend days and supplies resupplying troops I decided to give up on fighting altogether. I also found out allot of people are doing the same thing. I sold off all of my armories, and by doing that I ended up with lots of pop and space. Build more factories and negotiate is what seems to be working best to complete the provinces. It's expensive to negotiate, but less time consuming, and I don't have to get upset about losing so many troops, or battles anymore YES!!!!

This sucks so I sent a message to support to pass on to the gamers about the fighting. For you that enjoy pain keep up the good work and have fun fighting. I will miss it nah not until they fix the evenness of the battles. ~_~

As far as the maps, I would like a copy of what you have please so I can look at what types you're sending against the enemy. Do you have a document showing my type fighters vs. the enemy, or just the humans? Thanks, LG

DeletedUser626

I don't find the battles too difficult. I just throw rocks at em till they die.
cost were not very much.

sure I know I could have thrown in a sorc and reduced most of all those losses at the expense of time.. point is choose your battles.

Attachments

• Elven Army.JPG
    Elven Army.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 9th ring.JPG
    9th ring.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 9th ring defeated.JPG
    9th ring defeated.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1122

you're going to lose allot of troops fighting
That is how it is designed
Who thought up this ridiculous one sided battle.
the accountant
Do you have a document showing my type fighters vs. the enemy
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/ It is a good base and follow up posts are good reading. There is more threads in different forums if you want.
I'm like Frostwyrm I send in five Paladin 51-77 attack points and 672 hit points each. Fighting is a boring thing you have to do sooner or later. Inno moderators have been hinting that there will be more fighting requirements as the game develops to be able to progress in the game. I'm thinking they got themselves in a pickle on Ancient Wonder shards.

DeletedUser1601

Not to mention the enemies are way too hard. I went in with different combinations of like 300+ Paladins, Axe Barbs, Bowmen and Doggies and Lost all of them every single time against tree and golom looking characters.

I mean, wtf. These enemies are freaking impossibly powerful when my best units can do only like 30 damage and they can do 300.

DeletedUser1122

You got to know when to hold them
You got to know when to fold them
Any chance that was an elixir province? Skip it. Do the death traps later. Wait until you get squad size upgrades or Paladin upgrades and then go back and fight them. Only fight the provinces that you can win most the battles. Only negotiate the impossible ones. Never autofight.
upload_2016-3-28_12-56-49.png

Happy Hunting

DeletedUser43

What a handy fight cheat sheet!! Fabulous 6pac! I'll try to send everyone here!

DeletedUser43

We had another thread going around here a while ago with lots of fight advice. Does anyone remember which thread that was? Maybe we can put that fabulous cheat sheet on that thread and try to keep all the great fight advice together.

DeletedUser61

These enemies are freaking impossibly powerful when my best units can do only like 30 damage and they can do 300.
I've opened all of the Advanced Scouting chests, so 130+ sectors. And while I'm clever about unit selection and placement, and I may hold back a ranged fighter to keep them out of trouble for one round, but other than that I prefer the algorithmic challenge of depending on the autobattle AI

Some folks have acquired twice that many sector which, intentionally requires more combat skill, and eventually you'll get one of the two soft caps.
  • You can get through all of the gates using autobattle (casual combat)
  • Eventually your troops aren't going to be strong enough to win, no matter how skillfully you play (soft cap)
  • The Main Hall has a limit on coin storage, and for a handful of folk who have be negotiating the most distant provinces, the cost of scouting the next ring is higher than that amount (hard cap)
To me that just sounds like good game design.

DeletedUser1122

To me that just sounds like good game design.
You're back. Have a good holiday?

We had another thread going around here a while ago with lots of fight advice

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....-tactics-strategy-tips-tricks.1432/#post-9213 THIS ONE I THINK

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/human-army-good-priest-tactics-to-share.1090/ Some good stuff too

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fight-system-sort-of-explained.434/ some good stuff too.
There is other timbits scattered around other threads.

Maz Mellor

Any chance that was an elixir province? Skip it. Do the death traps later. Wait until you get squad size upgrades or Paladin upgrades and then go back and fight them. Only fight the provinces that you can win most the battles. Only negotiate the impossible ones. Never autofight.
index.php

This is brilliant; thank you!

I find I like fighting marble, crystal, and scrolls provinces best. Runners-up: planks and silk. Basically, if it has knights, necromancers, golems, or more than one cannoneer, I want no part of it. :eek:

DeletedUser

Related to this.. So very unfair. I put 5 KP in superior main hall and was going to skip manufactory spell at the end of the third chapter because I could... till this morning! So very mad! It is now greyed out till I put KP in in manufactory spell! I have a screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    653.4 KB · Views: 85

DeletedUser

I also agree with this and have been a daily player in 3 worlds. This new chest unlock only by conquering 30+ provinces per technology level is awful. I am considering quitting at this point. Im sure it is a tactic to get people to buy diamonds, and if it was a small amount I'd probably buy them but I have now finished all the requirements but need to completely conquer 33 provinces which would take me roughly 2-3 months. I have never even liked the combat part all that much and only did it to gain extra map tiles but this is just way too much of an increase. I can understand if they want it to be 15-20 per tech level but 30 to go from level 5 to 6 !! I only did 9 in all the time it took me to get through this level and to buy the diamonds needed to speed up creation of troops would cost me $70 !!! Guess it is time to dump this game and move on. At least in Forge of Empires you can play and not get stuck dead in the water for months if you cannot afford hundreds of dollars. Again, Im in marketing so I can see the motivation but on this particular change I can only see lost money for Inno. You have to make changes that push a player to buy at only a 30% increase in change or you frustrate your clients and lose them. I understand it costs money to create and maintain a game and servers however they need the free players too or else the paid players wouldn't want to play because the number of players will be cut by 70% which means Fellowships won't take people, trades won't occur etc. Poor choice for Inno on this upgrade being such a huge jump. Get a better Marketing team Inno. This one is going to cause you a loss.

DeletedUser594

You can finish the provinces through negotiation if you prefer.

DeletedUser

Someone I am in an FS w/in two of the three worlds I play in does this... completes all KP for size, promotions, etc first. Mean while, she keeps making troops. By the end, she says she just wipes everything out with ease. It is an interesting tactic. I have been giving this some thought and wonder about getting relics until the end of every chapter. But she seems to produce enough for trade in both worlds.