• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NEW PROVINCE REQUIREMENT IN PROVINCES!! UNFAIR

DeletedUser1230

I am so frustrated! I just reached Advanced Scouts in the research menu in my youngest of 4 cities. I cannot advance because I only have 33/50 provinces! I checked my other cities which are past this stage, and I have 32-33/50 and 47/50 ( all now grayed out because does not meet requirments) in my most advanced city, where I am now at Ancient Wonders in research menu and my score is 11090! So now this newest city, will play totally differently. Why did they do this?? This is going to take quite awhile and slow city growth and advancement! I was looking forward to advanced manufacture, now that I deleted all but boosted goods. Am I going to have to change to include all manufacture buildings again?

Thanks- I would like everyone's thoughts on these changes. I am surprised I do not see it mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2136

This is extremely unfair. I was 1 or 2 points from completing Advanced Scouting on mine. I cannot access that research column anymore. I had only 4/10 provinces. Even after plugging KP into the useless Magic Academy, I am going to lose 5 provinces worth of KP. Seriously? Make the chest an option and let us continue on. Some of those provinces are difficult without the next tier of troop to help out. If I have to delete a world, I will versus wasting time spinning my wheels on provinces I will see no reward from nor be able to complete save by negotiations only.

DeletedUser61

I am going to lose 5 provinces worth of KP.
Nope. The Knowledge Points that you earn by acquiring sectors will all accumulate.
But once you're at 10 no more hourly KPs will accumulate, so don't dawdle.

Ring Sectors Total Gating

[tr1][td2] 0 [/td2][td2] 0 [/td2][td2] 0 [/td2][td] ~ [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 1 [/td2][td2] 6 [/td2][td2] 6 [/td2][td] ~ [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 2 [/td2][td2] 6 [/td2][td2] 12 [/td2][td] AS II requires 10 sectors [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 3 [/td2][td2] 12 [/td2][td2] 24 [/td2][td] ~ [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 4 [/td2][td2] 18 [/td2][td2] 42 [/td2][td] AS III requires 30 sectors [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 5 [/td2][td2] 18 [/td2][td2] 60 [/td2][td] AS IV requires 50 sectors [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 6 [/td2][td2] 24 [/td2][td2] 84 [/td2][td] AS V requires 70 sectors [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 7 [/td2][td2] 30 [/td2][td2] 114 [/td2][td] AS VI requires 100 sectors [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 8 [/td2][td2] 30 [/td2][td2] 144 [/td2][td] AS VII requires 130 sectors [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 9 [/td2][td2] 36 [/td2][td2] 180 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 10 [/td2][td2] 42 [/td2][td2] 222 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 11 [/td2][td2] 42 [/td2][td2] 264 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 12 [/td2][td2] 48 [/td2][td2] 312 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr1]
[tr2][td2] 13 [/td2][td2] 54 [/td2][td2] 366 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr2]
[tr1][td2] 14 [/td2][td2] 54 [/td2][td2] 420 [/td2][td] ? [/td][/tr1]

DeletedUser

Same for 4 of my younger cities.
guess it's a strategy for push the magic academy?
By lock up one's progress to push a new feature is not a very nice thing to do.
I have my cities set up fine without this new feature, and I'm not province oriented player.
As of right now I doubt if I'll still want to play this game at all once my main city's progress got stopped due to something I don't care about.

DeletedUser2136

The amount of time and effort it will take to complete 5 provinces at that level is simply not worth it. I have better things to do with my time than "dawdle" on a game that throws up a road block as significant as this. I have bought diamonds in two of my four worlds, so the contribution is there.

DeletedUser43

Why did they do this?? This is going to take quite awhile and slow city growth and advancement!

I think you just answered your own question. They try all the time to slow growth and advancement. Look back on all the new releases and look under balancing changes. This is a theme. They saw that all of us got through the game too fast.

DeletedUser1230

Many of us protested this change on Beta on your behalf during the pre-release. We said it was unfair for Inno to mandate individual game strategy or playing style...and especially to implement retroactively.
Did they say why they wanted to do this? What is the intention for expanding our provinces more etc? Is there a purpose I do not yet know?

Did they say why they wanted to do this? What is the intention for expanding our provinces more etc? Is there a purpose I do not yet know?
Holy Moly!! I barely pressed post reply and you already answered! How did you do this? I have cable internet, so it is not slow lol.

DeletedUser2136

When the change went live this morning, I had 4/10 provinces completed. This was following the quest lines that keep players moving forward. If the developers wanted things faster, they should implement more quests that require more province completions. Again, this is a major road block. I have already written that 4th world off to not bother with. I have 3 other worlds to get caught up on provinces so I'll be able to advance when I get done with the 3-6 research blocks before the end of their chapters.

DeletedUser2135

do we hae confirmation that KP earned from battle will continue to grown and be there for use after meeting the required number of provinces?? if this is the case, once i complete the 13 provinces required to unlock the chest, i will have over 100 KP's...
if we keep them, i may stay.
if we do not, i am done.....

Deleted User - 312108

You can see it when you do it. So yes, you can have 40 or 50 KP from battle, but your hourly KP accumulation ceases when you have 10 or more KP unused.
And as bobbipazza said, as soon as this was released in Beta, many of us made posts and comments about it being unfairly restrictive as to play style. There are far less restrictive ways to slow progress.

DeletedUser

Maybe the whole point is to get diamond players to pay more money and none diamond player's reaction is none of importance since there's no money coming in?
make it impossible for people to progress, so people spend more diamond on training troops or producing product just to finish enough provinces to progress?
I can't think of any other reason....

DeletedUser2135

thanks Lyleth... if i can retain those at least perhaps i will wait it out.... maybe.
still loosing hundreds of KP's in time to train and complete 13 provinces..

DeletedUser627

If I stretch myself and really search to find some motivation that's not outright negative....

I might imagine that this is directly related to the Magic Academy and relics. I've been looking through the new Wiki details, and it's painfully obvious that the developers have opted to compensate for the lack of supplies (due to the empty neighborhoods) by substituting supplies via Spells. Thus it goes: we have to have mega supplies, we have to have Spells, we have to have Relics, so we now need requirements to gain Relics through the game in order to have a sufficient number by the time we get to Fairy where there's no way through without lots and lots of Relics / Spells. (Although, it's odd that the Spells are available in early / mid play where the Relics will be relatively wasted).

Personally I just wish we could fix the supplies problem another way. Also, I remember all the spiteful posts about we "clickers"...but now Inno expects us all to log on every hour to make Sunflowers (which are only available in 1 hour production runs)...and cast our Supplies spells and run as many short productions as possible. Clickety click. Only this time we have to clickety click and still go as slow as molasses.

Dang...I didn't stretch myself very far...

DeletedUser61

to have Spells, we have to have Relics, so we now need requirements to gain Relics
I think there's also another piece to the puzzle, in addition to the Spells and the Fairies.

The third leg of the December Promo was the Provincial Tournaments, and in order to participate effectively folks will need to be familiar with the combat engine AND for the Checkpoints they'll need access to an adequate number of sectors.

ProvincialTournaments.png

So I'd suggest that (for once) the developers are chivvying folks to acquire a modest number of sectors ahead of time, so that when the Provincial Tournaments drop, in a month or so, folks won't be looking across an impossible chasm of unexplored sectors.

DeletedUser1042

can someone share with info, what kind of reward is in chests?! i m keeping full stocks and don't want to lose free stuff 'cause have lack of space..

DeletedUser

I hate, hate, hate the stupid chest. I was waiting for the final small amount of goods I needed via trade and just got them. Now I can't get past the chest because this is some freaking new requirement for unlocking that research! If I had gotten that trade one day earlier I wouldn't need that cr*p! IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHOVE THIS DOWN MY THROAT I WILL JUST QUIT THE GAME. You need to make it a choice, after all the game isn't THAT popular that you can put up road blocks and think that people won't just jump ship.

It is a theme with Inno to force players to play the way they THINK their game should be played. Which is why I have started, and quit, four other Inno games. I DON'T LIKE BEING FORCED TO PLAY YOUR WAY - I DON'T DO MILITARY - I JUST WANT A CITY BUILDING GAME!!!

DeletedUser188

Why wouldn't anyone explore the map it has always been part of game you don't have to fight you can peacefully negotiate
When I first started here there was no fellowships so in order to find trading partners without a fee you explored the map
They introduced fellowships to help us extend our trading to a group of hopefully active players
There also wasn't any A.Ws so we just explored till we couldn't any more
Then they introduced A.W.s and the ability to find runes when you conquer a province
That made it near impossible for some to get runes by province because of the time it takes to scout when you have over 200 provinces
With the intro of F.S and fact of so many inactive cities Players don't need to or cant find any active traders close by
The newer players have been shown that if you wait to explore the map till you open the A.W. research you can get a lot more runes
Now with the chest requirement you will have to conquer 50 provinces to reach the human/elf A.W and 100 for the dwarven A.W
They have always wanted us to explore the map some players just choose not to and now that choice is hurting their progress
Elvenar is in its infancy it will go through many changes in the months or years to come as it grows
Players have choices and the changes the devs make in future are going to affect our choices of today (sound familiar)
Plant your feet in the mud and fight the change then enjoy the view as the game passes you by