• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Completely agree! I would be willing to put a lot more effort into the FA if it wasn't for the thousands of clicks it takes to cycle through quests over & over & over & ..... I was hopeful when the mobile version was greatly improved for quest cycling. Then, by wasting long productions, I realized that not being able to hover over the productions to see which ones have what finished is dangerous. It just seems like the FA is a lose, lose proposition so hard to feel at all motivated.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There is something new brewing in Beta World - Pet Food Spells!

We are not sure what they do yet - no Announcement so far.

54278316_10213591437120889_5055506257801117696_n.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
CONFIRMED - THE PET FOOD IS FOR THE NEXT EVENT - which should be in Beta very soon, seeing as they have already done a preparatory upgrade.

So the big Spring Event will maybe be a revised version of the Herd stuff, just with more interaction with the animals? Weird that it would be in the crafting system though, if it is just for a temporary thing like an event. Unless something we can win from the event will require the pet food after the event is over?

DeletedUser3122

Likely FA will come on Monday the 25th. I know the original intent of the FA was to create bonding between members, or teamwork that made the game more fun. This is the first FA we're actually boycotting. It wasn't their intent to make boycotting a bonding and team event, but that's what they've done because they won't improve FA. We've had more discussion and agreement over the problems with the event, that we've made better acquaintances with each other. But you know, it's not enough to make people stick to a game. It's just flat out wrong to make anyone click this much, to make us go offsite to spreadsheets to keep track, and to offer such meager rewards for such enormous effort. When are they going to get it through their heads, this does not offer a fun gaming environment. The only way they'll listen is if the diamond buyers stop spending money on the event. Come on.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think if you look at top ranking FS you will find that the push on the FA is becoming more & more a thing of the past. We are #1 on E and so far it seems only 1 person has expressed any interest. If we are any indication, a bunch of spenders are now not interested enough to do more than at least 1 path each level. Super easy! Definitely no spend that anybody is admitting but mention it's not worth spending on If they fixed the clicking then I think it might be game on again but not the way it is.

Last edited:

Chrizty

I agree about the clicking,,I try to overcome that by making more than one item at a time, it would be nice is they had 4 quest lines, one for sets,shops,magic and other each would be nice,,
I do wonder why as we can see what our fellowships points all are in the tourneys and we can see who puts what badge in at the way points, Inno cant do something like that to keep track..
Has it ever been tried to overload them with tickets? as in try to get as many fellows in as many fellowships to send a ticket about it in?

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

Likely FA will come on Monday the 25th. I know the original intent of the FA was to create bonding between members, or teamwork that made the game more fun. This is the first FA we're actually boycotting. It wasn't their intent to make boycotting a bonding and team event, but that's what they've done because they won't improve FA. We've had more discussion and agreement over the problems with the event, that we've made better acquaintances with each other. But you know, it's not enough to make people stick to a game. It's just flat out wrong to make anyone click this much, to make us go offsite to spreadsheets to keep track, and to offer such meager rewards for such enormous effort. When are they going to get it through their heads, this does not offer a fun gaming environment. The only way they'll listen is if the diamond buyers stop spending money on the event. Come on.

Agree. Aside from the torturous clicking, it seems to bring out the worst in people. I am in a very kind & helpful fellowship & I love them all too much to ever do another FA. I am glad they are not mandatory. Just my opinion.... :(

Risen Malchiah

I am in a very kind & helpful fellowship & I love them all too much to ever do another FA. I am glad they are not mandatory. Just my opinion.... :(
Unfortunately, unlike other events, while FA is voluntary, there is some obligation if others in the fellowship are doing it. Either others lead it and you are seen as not helping out. Or in my case, as a mage in one fellowship and archmage of another, I'm kind of expected to help lead FA even if I despise it. For me, it's no longer voluntary.

DeletedUser3122

there is some obligation if others in the fellowship are doing it. Either others lead it and you are seen as not helping out. Or in my case, as a mage in one fellowship and archmage of another, I'm kind of expected to help lead FA even if I despise it.

Exactly that. It's one of those, everybody has to do it or nobody does it. There is no middle ground because if some do it and others don't, they get (rightfully) resentful. We have a really great FS, with really great members, but like @RainbowSKYEPIXIE said, the FA brings out the worst in people (they feel frustrated). Only those that are doing a minimal amount don't feel this frustration or resentment. Those leading it tend to feel pretty overloaded and frustrated, no matter how much we can streamline it with spreadsheets. @SoggyShorts ideas have been good but Inno does not respond. They haven't even so much as throw us a bone. It could be a really fun event. But badly implemented makes everyone miserable except those collecting real $$

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

Unfortunately, unlike other events, while FA is voluntary, there is some obligation if others in the fellowship are doing it. Either others lead it and you are seen as not helping out. Or in my case, as a mage in one fellowship and archmage of another, I'm kind of expected to help lead FA even if I despise it. For me, it's no longer voluntary.
You are exactly right.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new Challenge just started in Beta Server - so perhaps we will see it in the Live Worlds next week.

It is identical to previous editions - you gain medals to win rewards from any of the 6 different Workshop runs, and any of the 4 types of Spell.

I like these! They are a harmless way to add spice to a week without making things over-challenging - and the more of these they have, the fewer Adventures - which I find a bit stressful if they repeat too often.

54729011_10213621469351676_1824394763223171072_n.jpg

There is no building reward - just Combining Catalysts and Vision Vapors.

53926495_10213621468111645_4576507676472639488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.