• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Please spoil this? If you don't want to do it publicly, privately will do.
simple version:
We get buildings that give great bonuses when buffed.
Buffs are called "pet food" and are made in crafting at a cost of 5 relics and 2 CC and take 3h to cook. There are 9 recipes (each relic)
= the 3 buildings are
increases MM spell power
increases Goods (like Mthalls)
increases all damage

These buildings can be "evolved" to get higher bonuses, but evolutions are grand prizes so don't expect more than 5 or 6 level ups total (max level is 10) the only thing said about when we will get more is "very rarely"

example
The military phoenix gives +5% attack per level. So at level 5 you get 25%. This is added to anything else like wonders. The effect is only active for 3h after you drop a "pet food" on it.

So right before you do a bunch of tournament you drop the pet food and get a fat bonus to damage It's like having a level 17 temple of the toads & Needles & victory springs & dragon abbey & Heroes for a few hours

REally great for tournaments like scrolls that are hard and don't have 5-day military craftable buildings that can help

Last edited:

Vergazi

I hope things aren't changed too much I was hoping to get the big blue galactical egg thingum..If it's gone I might QQ for awhile. Oh, ye gods of Elvenar! Pay heed not unto those other gods who change just for the sake of change and cast out that which is good onto the altar of newness!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Easter event started in Beta today

It runs from April 1st to 28th.

Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/y68h8zh7

56285207_10213669211185192_8894231929704939520_n.jpg

DeletedUser9601

Does the Fire Phoenix seem like the no-brainer choice? Obviously if you don't fight, discard this comment.
But once a week (which is a reasonable spend of catalysts and relics), you can power through the last 2 rounds of the tournament with a huge buff.

Its also the best on pop/sq, and its final bonus is IMO the best (though the KP from Storm is probably equal). Fire is weak in mid-stages (coin rains - bleh), but even those rewards aren't bad. And if we're talking min-maxing here, I'm mostly focused on Level 9-10. Maybe that's the wrong approach until its clear how many levels we can pick up if we 100% the event, though.

But just thinking out loud:
-Storm Phoenix's food effect is only good if you have MM spells up (which for me is somewhat rare). Maybe if you make it your strategy to always have an MM running on a T3 factory? But then you're spending Catalysts/relics to craft food, and you're either also crafting MM spells (so you'd better have a level 5 MA, and never craft anything besides food), or you're using your MM spells from tourneys (and now have one less source of spell fragments). Either way, it seems like you have to go "all-in" to really maximize Storm.
-Storm also has IMO the worst collection items for end-game. Mana and broken runes? Meh. Mana is nice, but if its a 48hr collection, that's hard to time to be really effective.
-Aureate Phoenix's food effect is really nice, but how often are you going to be running pet food? Again, it seems like you have to convert your MA into a pet food factory, and prioritize pet food spells over everything else to get the full effect. Otherwise its like having a Level 25 MH (without the pop) for 1-2 collection(s) a week or so. This is based on my read that the spell lasts for 2 hours (i.e., 1 collection). Assuming a 3-3-3-9 production cycle, and you only do it on the 9s, that reduces the value down to something closer to a level 8 MH. Which is nice. But a level 8 MH isn't particularly hard to come by, and again, opportunity cost.
-All of this depends on the availability of pet food spells. The event looks like it gives a nice stockpile, but I'm not counting on that stockpile lasting forever. So if 2-3 spells a week is easy to keep up, maybe it shifts the balance. But being able to time Fire's benefits with tournaments means you only need 1 a week to feel like your building is really contributing to your city. Whereas the other two, I'd feel like I need to run pet food at least once a day to really get the full benefits.
-Its a shame that all of these buildings are wasting "building points" on providing coins.
-Obviously a lot of this analysis depends on the final math.
-The analysis also assumes future events will provide set buildings like prior events. Like a level 10 Aureate Phoenix, on a per square basis, is a real tier goods production powerhouse, on a relatively tiny footprint. But if I'm realistic about future events, I'm probably able to find "high goods productivity" in future sets, whereas I'm not sure I can necessarily get "free military buffs plus never-ending portal profits." There was a nice run of having consistent temporary military buildings in AW recipes, but AW recipe bloat is getting real, very fast. With the chess set, and some pet food recipes, and who knows what else in the future, temp military buildings are feeling very scarce.

Anyways, just rambling. All input would be appreciate.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is based on my read that the spell lasts for 2 hours
On storm and Aurite the pet food lasts 3.5h, so you should get a 9h and another 3h out of it. So about 50% better than you were thinking.
That said, yes the military one is still a no-brainer IMO. Just sooo good.

It's good that there is an option for the pacifists but bad that they need to be split between 2 phoenixes.
If the Aurite and Storm abilities were combined into 1 then there'd be a contest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.