• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12171

you don't have to place them until you want to, innit?

If i have only 7 phoenix artifacts (the leveling item) and I don't want 3 "meh" buildings, then what I need to do is choose what I really want - stronger army, more goods boost or better MM spells. I can always keep the rest until I have the resources to level them up

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
you don't have to place them until you want to, innit?

If i have only 7 phoenix artifacts (the leveling item) and I don't want 3 "meh" buildings, then what I need to do is choose what I really want - stronger army, more goods boost or better MM spells. I can always keep the rest until I have the resources to level them up

Sheesh! My mistake. It didn't even occur to me to leave them in inventory. Not sure many will actually do that but at least the option is probably there.

My problem is that I especially want the blue one because I think it is pretty but the orange one is much more practical. Ouch! I hate that "P" word :rolleyes:

DeletedUser12171

also, while crazy tourney players (weekly 3k+ points) might want (need) a maxed level military phoenix, a mid-level one might be more than sufficient for a mid-level (e.g. weekly 1,000 - 1,500 points) player. so, I don't think it's a all-or-nothing (max them or they are useless) situation here

kctanzen

also, while crazy tourney players (weekly 3k+ points) might want (need) a maxed level military phoenix, a mid-level one might be more than sufficient for a mid-level (e.g. weekly 1,000 - 1,500 points) player. so, I don't think it's a all-or-nothing (max them or they are useless) situation here

I would hazard a guess that a maxed battle phoenix would take a weekly 1000 - 1500 points tourney average and very likely double, if not more, that player's tourney potential. Which compounds pretty fast if one makes strategic choices with the allocation of those new found riches!!

I'm already a 3k+ average .. and rather looking forward to this tasty bit!!

Deleted User - 3932582

Disclaimer: I might be one of those "crazy tourney players", with ~3.6K every week. I don't even think it is particularly difficult to accomplish, nothing extreme here ;)

Having said that, I think anyone who does even a bit of tourney (and you should, at least for those juicy KPs) benefits a lot from max Fire phoenix. In fact, I think this phoenix is much better compared to the other ones. Higher pop than other phoenixes? Check. Having the best (i.e. most difficult to obtain by other means) maxed out reward? Check (Portal Profits). I mean, boosted T1 goods for Aureate phoenix? Come on now ;)

Also, I think concept of phoenixes works much better for the Fire one. Goods productions is all about sustained rate of production, not bursts. You can't run your manufacturing in permanent boost mode (OK, some people do, almost). The boost that goods phoenixes provide is just too short, at 3.5 hours! I don't think you can setup sustained production of pet food to several a day.

But Fire phoenix only needs 3 pet foods a week, if you do it right. There are 6 tournament stages 16 hours apart, and pet food boosts for 24 hours. So each boost can cover 2 stages! 3 spells a week is more than doable.

And you can get up to 50% damage bonus! And it applies to all the unit types!! This is super powerful. There are several AWs that cover damage boost for different unit types, but they all top out at 40% at L30. Fire phoenix L10 gives you 50% for all units! And can you imagine space and KP requirements for several L30 AWs?

I can't wait to get it going. Martial Monastery + Fire Phoenix would crush all tournaments! ;)

DeletedUser20709

As usual the opinions vary and are diverse. I myself am a F2P person, so I take what is offered and do the best I can with it.
This will be my first Phoenix type event and I appreciate having read the advice given on the past similar events, and strategies that might be helpful during this one. Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is this just for pet food? Or do we also need them for something else?
Pet food, and players should always have some for "something else" imo;)But as far as the event and crafting it's just for food.
There is had been an indication that the recipes will remain after the event as well. Nonetheless, it is likely that players will want to use pet food a lot, and in theory, recipes can and should be crafted at around 1 per day.

Deleted User - 3932582

...and in theory, recipes can and should be crafted at around 1 per day.
I wish I could craft something that often. I mean I obviously can, but truly useful stuff is few and far between. Temp military buildings are on top (can't get them any other way, and need them weekly), then RR recipes (also can't get them elsewhere, but usually less urgency), probably pet food in the future.

I used to also craft portal profits and time boosters, but currently I sit on a pretty big stash from the events, so no need to waste catalysts.

I guess you can do some troop producing buildings, but these seem inefficient to me. Not enough troops for the space they occupy, at least up to Woodelves. The rest is a big meh. In the earlier chapters I crafted a couple of small culture building when in a tight spot or even boost relics to move into the next boost level just because ;)

Anything else there that I am missing? Nowadays I can go for a week without crafting anything in the MA...

SoggyShorts

I wish I could craft something that often.
To be clear, I was referring to crafting after pet food is released-There will be around 100 recipes total then.
7 daysx3 flips=21 x 5 slots = 105
So on average* you should see every recipe roughly once per week.

No brainers:
MMM
UUU
ELR
Pet food anyone who fights will want 2 of them per week (4 would be nice)
RR

So if you are average(you aren't) there should be around 7 desirable recipes per week.
If they are spread out evenly(they won't be) it should work out to a recipe per day.

:p

Deleted User - 3932582

I suppose after pet food it sounds about right. However! Do we have reasons to believe that all recipes have the same probability of showing up? I don't have evidence to the contrary, but still...

Actually, I just checked my inventory. I still have 4x UUU, but only 1x MMM. I use UUU every tournament, but MMM only for the ones with mages as primary units. And I still have way more UUU than MMM left. This is not evidence per se (can certainly happen), but I am curious if probabilities are indeed uniform...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I keep telling you, it's you who are not average. Your Elvenar experience is not typical.
Sorry, my posts on this were (accurately)targetted at the players I was responding to, not a wider audience.

I try to differentiate by saying things lik e

"Players should...."
and
@Ashrem you should..."

But sometimes I'm lazy(most times) and just quote.

SoggyShorts

Also, @Ashrem
  1. the tournament is part of the game
  2. military is more efficient in the tournament than strictly catering
So even if I say to everyone in the game/forums that they "should craft the MMM building when available", the unwritten assumption is that I really mean
"If you take part in every part of the game, then you should craft the MMM building when available to achieve better results"

I count on readers not being complete idiots and understanding that when I recommend building a military structure, that advice only applies to players with a military. :p

In today's ultra PC-SJW-"I'm offended" world I probably should start every post with
"In my humble opinion, and not to take away from anyone else's opinion I would suggest that it is possible to ___________"
and end every sentence with
"_________ but only if that suits your own personal choices, all of which are equally valued. Sorry.*"

But I'm not going to.;)

I did consider a small disclaimer in my signature, but since most people have biases I'm willing to gamble that most readers will realize that I do too.:)

EDIT: for the specific case of "players should cook CC spells to cook pet food and other things" it actually still applies to almost all players: Pet food increases the power of the phoenix you choose- so regardless of choice pet food=good. Not choosing any phoenix is inferior and an unacceptable choice.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So even if I say to everyone in the game/forums that they "should craft the MMM building when available", the unwritten assumption is that I really mean
"If you take part in every part of the game, then you should craft the MMM building when available to achieve better results"
But you didn't say "the average player should" you said "If you are average [then]" those are two very different statements, and the one you used in your first post is not supported by the argument you used in the later posts. Nice try, though :cool:

SoggyShorts

Nice try, though :cool:
2 separate thoughts adn responses to you that I thoughtfully split into 2 posts for you

One( #954 above) where I explained that my response was a targetted one and where I used the word "average" as in probabilities not as a substitute for the word "typical" #954 above
and
The second post where I explained that even if my target audience was ____ then _____.

:DI think you missed #954

DeletedUser20709

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Apparently this "discussion" isn't over. I need some popcorn. Stand by.

In all actuality you both make goods points...It all boils down to semantics....
First you need to define the "average" player...that's a minefield
Next you need to be aware of who you are talking to in the forum...ie Well known, member, new member, etc...Each of these people may take any statement at a different face value.
My final point is that this forum is prolly comprised of 50 or so people like you 2, who care about the game, try their best to help when they can, and enjoy pushing each other's buttons when it's relevant, but the issue your trying to resolve, can't be defined, because it's definition is dependent on each persons interpretation. We can all agree water is wet...after that. all bets are off. It makes for a good read tho. Carry on gentlemen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.