• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

This is an interesting mechanics, but seems fairly situational to me. Your example of MMM is probably not great - how often you run tournaments back to back with the same primary unit? That's a bit of a stretch for twice as good ;) UUU is the only universally applicable building.

Even then, this requires you to backload one tournament, and frontload another one for maximum effect - which is fine if all you care about is the final output. I time tournaments to manage KP inflow (i.e. frontload to fast track, backload to delay), won't work well with my style of play. Plus, you still have an issue with shortened recovery period for troops.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's going to have different value to a skilled manual-fighter than to an auto-fighter. The manual fighter may run out of time to complete rounds while using fewer troops. For them, troop recovery is not as much of an issue, and the time-warp would be a better return on investment than it would for the auto-fighter. The manual fighter with the MMM boost might also do very well in a tournament for which the auto-fighter would never use Mages as they are sub-optimal.

There's also the question of goals. If max KP is your goal, the ability to finish six rounds instead of five is of low value. For the player who's goal is achieving enough points to fill their commitment to a ten-chest fellowship for blueprints, the ability to do a six round tournament is much more useful than more provinces to two rounds.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Your example of MMM is probably not great - how often you run tournaments back to back with the same primary unit?
Every 9 weeks for MMM, so that takes care of 2/9 (Gems/marble)
Every 9 week for ELR, so that covers 1-2/9 (Steel&planks- though planks is secondary not primary unit)
Every 9 weeks for UUU in scrolls and silk or scrolls and crystal for 2/9 more
Every 9 weeks for UUU in Elixer dust for 2/9 more

So Most of the time since UUU is universal
which is fine if all you care about is the final output.
It's a fairly advanced strategy and I'd suspect that players using it are hardcore enough in the tournament that they overflow with KP no matter what.
This happens eventually to everyone once you hit the hard cap chapters- for example, there is a hard cap on how many settlement buildings you can have in chapter 10, so you overflow with KP no matter what you do. Although this may no longer be true with Portal Profits- It might be possible to be both a heavy tournament player and never get techlocked. It was impossible the last time I went through those chapters.
Plus, you still have an issue with shortened recovery period for troops.
I'm not sure what this issue is? I'm always training troops for the next tournament so if I had a level 100 timewarp I could do all my rounds on tuesday afternoon and it wouldn't change my troops counts.
I realize not everyone does this, but it's a pretty simple fix, isn't it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

I probably wouldn't set it up as my primary mode of operations though.
No not primary. Of course not. And I got Simia to level 5 first. But if you like tournaments, then at some point a level 6 Timewarp can’t really be argued against. The one argument against it is that you already can hit 6 rounds every week no problem because of your lifestyle. But I think that’s rare.

It’s just a space/KP analysis. And I think getting Timewarp from zero to level 6 vs MM from level 18 to 19 is a no brainer.

From the viewpoint of both points and rewards, round 6 is so valuable. So if I can do something so that I can even get 5 or 6 provinces done in Round 6, versus going from 20 to 21 5 star provinces, thats such a savings on troops. So it’s not technically producing more troops for you. But it effectively is.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't know about that. Unless pet foot is really scarce, saving 1 pet food a week at the cost of space an KPs to level to L7?..

For a serious tournament player a level 6 wonder is just a given, a level 6 wonder is very cheap compared to higher level wonders.

But if you already want to build it for sentient goods, AND you have enough troops for shortened recovery, AND you're short on pet food... Then yes, it's an interesting option to get you through a tight spot. I probably wouldn't set it up as my primary mode of operations though.

You also forgot timezones, someone like me only gets 4 rounds in easily. The gain in KP to get from 4 to 6 rounds also comes into play. Regardless this wonder is going to be subjective based on too many individual factors. That's the beauty of wonders, you can customise your town to suit you.

Your example of MMM is probably not great - how often you run tournaments back to back with the same primary unit?

Actually the MMM is a great example as it has its key unit in back to back tournaments. No other unit type has back to back tournaments unless you go with something different to the key unit, which the temp buildings might let you do if planned well.

Back on topic. Has anyone done the maths on the evolutions one can reasonable do? I have read a fairly varied amount.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Back on topic. Has anyone done the maths on the evolutions one can reasonable do? I have read a fairly varied amount.
TLDR: unlucky players get 6 lucky ones get 7. Super outliers (under 1%) will get 5 or 8

444.png

Essense:
4051 from main quests
980 daily quests
669 from pickups (about 24 per day minus 8h sleep + some 2s and 3s?)
-----

Worst possible chests = 219 feathers = 10 dailies = 5 evolutions.(but very very very close to 6)
Best possible chests*= 316 feathers = 15 dailies = 8 evolutions.

*not including winning 200 free ess in the 82 box obv.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

Off topic again - is there a location that suggests the best use of the MMM, ERL & UUU? I've not collected [crafted] any of these in the past, but I did just create an UUU and now I'm interested in perhaps using these since they are part of the game. I did a some research on GOK and here in the forum, but didn't find a specific thread or information/strategies on these event buildings.

Deleted User - 3932582

...Best chests...]
Is it just me, or are other chest rewards substantially worse this time vs the last event? I've got a ton of portal profits and time boosters last time by just opening the chests. This time there are no PP at all, and time boosters are few and far between. Instead, we've got a few IM and MM spells, which for me have low utility (but I know some people are heavy MM users, so perhaps it's an improvement for them).

Thoughts?

DeletedUser1016

Thanks Soggy - just to clarify and make sure I understand I want to summarize below my understanding [or another approach to using the MMM, ERL &UUU].

Say tournament weeks are defined as one [1] thru [9] where marble is one [1] and gems are nine [9].
Say we start using these military event buildings on week nine [9].

I would use the MMM for week nine [9] and keep using them on week one[1];
Then switch to ERL for weeks two [2] and [3];
Then use only UUU for weeks four [4], five [5], six [6], seven [7] and eight [8];
Then back to using MMM for week nine [9] again; and repeat.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Blueprints now visible in Inventory

Here is something interesting that just appeared in the Mobile App!

At present only in Beta Server - and that would also depend on which version of the game is in your App Store (I got this from a fellowship member; mine does not have this; it shows broken shards)

UPDATE: Apparently it's not just Beta and not different versions - it depends on what recipes you have. If you have recipes that need shards or blueprints, then mobile shows their number. Once these recipes are gone, you don't see them anymore.

56268610_10213699080491906_4471923152640802816_n.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

See some discussion on this earlier in the thread. It's not beta and not different versions - it depends on what recipes you have. If you have recipes that need shards or blueprints, then mobile shows their number. Once these recipes are gone, you don't see them anymore.

DeletedUser1016

Interesting, I logged into my mobile and got a new Easter log in page, then discovered Easter eggs everywhere in my City, yet when I went into my city using my laptop/browser, the log in page was the usual [not Easter theme] and no eggs anywhere in my city? Does this possibly mean they may release the Easter Event before the Challenge?

I got all my WS set for 24 hrs waiting for the Challenge...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.