• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge Point Clubs - an analysis

DeletedUser61

Is there any way to gain Dwarven AW's shards other than through provinces or diamonds?
Rune Shards for that particular type of Ancient Wonder, equal in number to the level of the AW, are distributed round robin amongst the top 5 contributors when an AW levels.

DeletedUser1122

helping other people who have mountain hall wonders.
guess I could try asking if they mind if I went for a shard but I'm guessing they would want to keep it in their fellowship. I won't snipe.
KP is scare right now. We are under constant snipe attack and the fairies are eating them up.

DeletedUser43

Now that the fairies are here, I won't be doing anything with the wonders. I can't imagine what it would be like to play this game straight through. When would you have time to build up all those kp along the way?

DeletedUser626

provinces encounters didn't work out well for me either on getting the runes I wanted.

a kp swap is much more reliable than the current random 1 in 4 chance in solving province encounters for runes.

if you obtained a lot of non-dwarven runes, they can be broken into shards to make that indestructible (10 shards) rune. to use in completing the final rings in the dwarven ancient wonder of your choosing (mnt hall is my preference, unless you want another armory that gives a few cheap troops).

after completing the aw ring you can recycle the rune breaker aw by building it, (it doesn't cost any relics at lvl 1), and destroying it to start the ring process again.

DeletedUser815

I am finding little to no benefit to the Monastery and I didn't bother building the Bulwark (but do battle 1/2 the time). A couple players in the FS are considering selling off their Monastery and/or Bulwarks for space. It seems as if we are dumping so many KP'/runes into AW's that have little benefit. However, it makes me nervous to delete AW, but I could sure use the 5x5 I would gain back; especially since the Fairies are here.

Thanks for any input. :)

DeletedUser1122

The mods have indicated in the beta 1 forum that AW's KP's will be added to the scoring system. I haven't read any good guesses on how that may happen or when.

DeletedUser815

Thank you, I guess I will keep my Monastery, but will not build the Bulwark. I hope the Fairies have beneficial AW's. :)

DeletedUser1122

The Eight Days A Week approach is quite interesting, and it's fairly easy to manage.
  • Each member of the club, other than the organizer, is assigned a day of the week, and EVERYBODY contributes to them on that day.
  • On their OWN day, each member contributes their allotment to the organizer
  • So the day of the week members, in a 10 point club, will receive 70 KP on one day per week, 10 from each other members
  • So the daily member, typically the organizer, will receive 10 KPs EACH day, from the current owner, and 7*10 also equals 70 KPs per week
  • Managing the group is surprisingly easy. Looking at the organizer's AW will tell you, at a glace, when somebody has fallen behind and needs to be skipped or replaced.
How do you manage who gets the award KP's and shards?

DeletedUser61

The Eight Days A Week approach is the best way to do a bad thing.
  • The distribution of Runes and Shards is the fatal weakness of ANY rotational system, which causes a lot of fights and hard feelings.
  • Even the club members will fudge a bit, or take advantage of timing
  • A rotational club actually attracts snipers
  • The return on your investment also sucks, because you have to spread your KPs too thin
A simple swap 40%+40% swap agreement in a much better approach, and of course a spreadsheet supported club offers the best approach.

DeletedUser1122

DeletedUser61

Only one of these statements are correct.
  • A spreadsheet approach is a cooperative venture that ALLOWS folks to contribute a variable number of points, and nicely fits the 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 rounded down to a multiple of 5, AND the round robin distribution of shards.
  • If you read that quote in context, the Skip a Day and Eternal Contribution Tread approaches are horrible. Eight Days per week is merely awful.
  • The Eight Days per Week model is self-documenting and it's much easier to manage than the other rotational models, particularly when you need to add or drop folks out of the rotation.
Ancient Wonders DO need a history tab, but if folks simply respond in kind then they awards are nicely balanced, and swap agreements naturally follow.

The point of the analysis is that the various rotational model, THEMSELVES, are what causes the trouble. Rotational models, all of them, are misguided efforts that do far more harm than good.

If you're using a spreadsheet model, or simply ignoring the entire issue of Ancient Wonder contributions, then folks can contribute at various levels, awards are distributed proportionally, and things hum along quite nicely. I manage a 40 member Forge Point group in FoE, that averages around 2000 contributed points per day, and I've been doing so for a couple of years now. It's the core activity in our guild.

DeletedUser188

. I manage a 40 member Forge Point group in FoE, that averages around 2000 contributed points per day.
There are so many more ways in FoE to earn F.P.s that this is a fairly easy number to achieve
The limited ways we can earn K.P.s here in Elvenar this number could never be achieved in one day with only 40 people
Also in FoE a majority of people want to contribute to and build the G.B.s
For the better rewards and the useful bonus plus pts added to your ranking that they give you
Not like Elvenar where a majority don't want to contribute or build A.W.s
Just to get lackluster rewards and bonuses that don't seem to do much but take up space
This game is similar to FoE in a few ways but it is different in so many ways its like comparing an F-16 fighter jet with a 1930's era bi-wing crop duster

DeletedUser61

comparing an F-16 fighter jet with a 1930's era bi-wing crop duster
Or comparing a game that's 5 years old with one that's barely a year old.

We have MORE support for Ancient Wonders than FoE did at the same point, by a couple of years.

DeletedUser43

Having never played FoE, I have a question about it. Have they structured it the same way they have here with the snail palace in that you cannot be a top player if you don't spend money? If so, when did that happen, and how has it affected the game?

DeletedUser61

If you'd like to get in on the ground floor, we've kicked off an Ancient Wanderers KP Club for us2: Winyandor (only).
Check out https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wanderers-kp-club.2439/

You can most certainly participate in the KP Club without joining the Ancient Wanderers, which is merely an umbrella fellowship.
  • We use a Skype group as our primary means of coordination.
  • We post our daily target status here in the forums, as neither the In-Game messaging nor Skype support the formatting of tabular data.

DeletedUser43

Now that the tournaments are here, anyone can snipe any wonder they want out from under your club. The KP accumulate from the tournament, so a person could have 50, 100, 200kp in a four day time period. All they have to do is watch your club donate to some wonder and then take it from you.

DeletedUser61

All they have to do is watch your club donate to some wonder and then take it from you.
We'd be delighted to accept contributions that carry no obligation for reimbursement.
If somebody wants to buy the most expensive Rune Shards in the world, that's great.

The key concept is that we PILE ON. A half dozen very capable contributors will be FOCUSING on each of the targeted Ancient Wonders, and outsiders simply won't be able to keep up. It's tough to outmaneuver a well organized team.

To your point, if somebody IS developing their Ancient Wonders and/or chasing Rune Shards, and if they don't have adequate support from their own fellowship, then we'll simply recruit them. They don't even need to change fellowships. That's why we're using Skype for communications and using the forum to post our status reports.

It's a pretty easy sell when we already know that somebody is interested, and that they are unsupported.
Would you rather pay 300*15%=45 KPs for a Rune Shard, without any reimbursement,
or would you rather Opt In to our AW FP Club and break even PLUS 10% and a Rune Shard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1122

The KP accumulate from the tournament, so a person could have 50, 100, 200 kp in a four day time period. All they have to do is watch your club donate to some wonder and then take it from you.
It will definitively end the need for a KP clubs. For me the main idea behind the clubs was to retain shards within the fellowship with KP awards secondary. Now it appears the value of KP has been diminished with abundant supply and hence shards. The 10% KP bonus is near no value.
We'd be delighted to accept contributions that carry no obligation for reimbursement.
Please confirm as Archmage of your fellowship, it is agreeable to accepting KP from outside the fellowship and it fact they it would be great.

DeletedUser43

"Would you rather pay 300*15%=45 KPs for a Rune Shard, without any reimbursement,
or would you rather Opt In to our AW FP Club and break even PLUS 10% and a Rune Shard."

You can't guarantee that any of your team get a rune shard. All anyone needs to know is where your team is working and then you are the ones that are donating to all of the rest of Elvenar who come in and snipe all the shards from you guys.

And back at you!

Maybe my new signature should be "Short and simple. Don't snipe any of Kat's AW club's shards until they have contributed."