• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I would say the @MinMax Gamer's chest opening strategy generator for major events is far beyond any singular contribution of Soggy.
It is, indeed, a singularly useful tool. What I miss is Soggy's deft hand with interactions between inputs and effects that have half a dozen modifying variables. Like Exactly why the mermaid is better than a Level 27 residence, or worse than something else, and what you can do to get the most out of it. Was I a fool for placing two of them, or should I have tried for three or four?

DeletedUser19439

Last week, I figured I could afford the first level, with the goal to gradually accumulate some of the better prizes. In one city I got the two small pieces of the set, in the other...nothing of real value.

This week, I was extremely fortunate to not only get a Trading Post from the “Boss”, but en route I got a bonus chest that gave...a Genie!!

Arkadia

I'm almost 100% sure that this happened to me and I was able to click on the chest. Also, it said a mystery chest spawned and it was nowhere to be seen once. So maybe it spawned in the area behind me that I had already been in? idk. I'll watch for thjis again and try to get a screenshot or some such if it happens again.

If the Mystery chest appears behind closed gates you are not able to open it. :( If you were, that was a glitch.
And yes, they do appear all over the place from top to bottom.
The bottom is ok, once we learn we should be look through all floors, but I agree with others mentioning that it's not cool if it appears behind closed gate(s). ...yes, i had a few spawn by the toad on the top, which means i have to go through all the gates to get it ... what a tease! o_O

GlamDoll

I'll bet you a hundred diamonds that a hundred diamonds wouldn't replace the troops the average person lose winning that battle or the goods they spent negotiating.

I am gonna have to respectfully decline this offer....I am still trying to recover my troops/goods back, from last weeks "Spire of Gamble-Roulette".

I bought a $20 lottery ticket, but I won $5 on it!

I was going to reply, but wait....I gotta go buy me some lottery tickets Right Now!

NOT :( ... Thanks much for the laugh though, I needed it! :)

DeletedUser3468

My 2 cents worth... I have only attempted the Spire in my largest, oldest, most prosperous city that has just entered Elementals. I had built up a fairly huge army in that city and made it through the first attempt at the first level of the Spire (up to the first boss) using both fighting and negotiation and felt that the number of fighters required were far too large. Yes, I did win most of the single wave fights and avoided the multiple wave fights as being vastly unfair to the players. (The enemy gets fresh troops but we have to spend diamonds to "heal" ours? So not fair! :p Yeah, not totally serious about this but it really is unfair to the players.) Also spending far too much in goods and supplies and coins to negotiate but it's fun to work the logic puzzle out to figure who needs what. The excess price of playing the Spire is why I only play it in my oldest city.

The majority of the prizes I've won are not worth the price or effort. I seem to mostly get CCs or spell fragments/shards or whatever they're called with the occasional time reduction. These are not good enough to be worth all I'm expending getting them. The only good items I've gotten are a couple pieces of the moonstone library set - the entrance and the library - as well as one of the expiring ones - Dwarven Armorer - which I probably won't remember to use.

Currently I'm at the second level of the Spire, having just gotten past the first boss and I doubt I'll take it any further since it's costing too much for too little return. I may play the Spire again at some point in the future, after I've rebuild my decimated army and restocked my goods, supplies and coins, though that probably won't be soon since I'm - as I've already stated - just starting Elementals where everything is very expensive! It's an interesting feature but the rewards need to be improved for me to want to play on a regular basis. At least I won't have to worry about breaking up excess buildings in inventory to make spell fragments for a while.

DeletedUser7738

Some lovely feedback in this thread. It is obvious the community wanted something like the Spire, it was greeted with a desire to be able to do something different as an individual player and great enthusiasm (at least those not on the beta server). However, it is mostly a disappointment: the encounters are just too expensive, troops or goods, unfair random troop assignment/alignment and the rewards are a slap in the face ... (& the dreaded "RNG" - if there is one! - is skewed!!).

Haben Sie jemals das Gefühl, dass Sie zur Verarbeitung in eine Rutsche getrieben werden?

Amanirenas

If this has been addressed in another thread, pardon my intrusion....

If one is awarded, for example, pieces of the Moonstone Library set in 2 different chapters, and the pieces are placed together for best advantage, are the enhancements of all pieces set to the lower Chapter? Or will they even work together if not from the same Chapter?

Thank you in advance for your wise insight :)

Queen Draggon

If one is awarded, for example, pieces of the Moonstone Library set in 2 different chapters, and the pieces are placed together for best advantage, are the enhancements of all pieces set to the lower Chapter? Or will they even work together if not from the same Chapter?

If I am not mistaken, *(which I may be but...) You can simply use RR's on it and upgrade the lower one to ur current chapter. How many I don't know but that seems to be the way of them thus far......hope I am correct and hope I helped :)

Pheryll

Set Designer

The link bonuses will work even if the pieces are in different chapters. Each piece lists the bonus it gives for the links, and if the piece is upgraded or replaced with a new instance from a later chapter, that new piece will have the link bonuses associated with its chapter.

qaccy

Difference of +56 squad size for the first encounter of level 2 in the Spire, compared to last week. I've gained 4 AW levels since last week's Spire began, so it would seem that each AW level for this encounter adds +14 for me and my AW levels add a total of 3,220 squad size. These numbers do fluctuate based on the base squad size for the encounter, but it's all just a bunch of percentages and since Inno won't tell us directly, the players are going to have to try figuring it out on their own!