• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

DeletedUser24458

Neither one is actually a production. They are bonuses.
Production and bonuses are not at all the same thing, regardless of how they are treated in any given code. Both the bear and the lighthouse require you to take another action in order to get something above what the building normally does.

thing is one of my buildings did contribute to a production quest which I thought was weird because it just generates passively. Naturally I thought the bears would make even more sense but I guess not. ha I haven't had a single "gain x amount of goods" quest since starting the event - at least none that were worded that way.

Still think it should count tho.

DeletedUser24698

I'm tired of this event. I mostly want KP and I'm barely getting any...I won 2 KP earlier, and I got some 1KP instants. I have plenty of coin and speedup instants and didn't really need more, but that's mostly what I get. I've also had some junk culture I just don't need.

Love it when the last thing I get before I run out of ribbons is the Reveal 2. Great, you show me 2 prizes, but i can't redeem anything else so that was just worthless.

I know the event will run its hope they toss this event format and never do anything like it again.

Pheryll

Set Designer
thing is one of my buildings did contribute to a production quest which I thought was weird because it just generates passively. Naturally I thought the bears would make even more sense but I guess not. ha I haven't had a single "gain x amount of goods" quest since starting the event - at least none that were worded that way.

Still think it should count tho.

The definition of production that the developer's use (as referenced by Kerseptje) is the direction collection from manufactories and other buildings. This does include certain bonuses (e.g. aureate phoenix feeding, mountain halls), but not others (e.g. lighthouse, panda feeding). In order for it to qualify as a production by the Elvenar definition the goods must be funneled into the amount collected from a building.

GlamDoll

I know the event will run its hope they toss this event format and never do anything like it again.

I know they wont, (If they continue as they have since the summer, anyway). Sadly, I predict, the next main Event(less) will be even worse than this one. Inno hasn't proven me wrong yet...so, there's that, at least. :(

Edit: A Frozen Unicorn for the daily prize??? Here I thought the Frozen Flame (or whatever it's called), that I "won" the other day was lame. In case it wasn't clear, on why I called it event(less).

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
input appreciated.
The first thing I'd do is exit out of the game and log in again. I generally play on old equipment, though, so I know that can be an issue for me and sometimes a complete refresh helps. If that didn't work, I'd submit a ticket to support. You can do that either in-game or by going here:
https://support.innogames.com/kb/Elvenar/en_US

BippieBop

When is the chapter of the gingerbread house set? When you complete the 1st quest or when you turn it in?
Also, when are you considered to be in a chapter - when you open the chest and start scouts or when you finish scouts?

Pheryll

Set Designer
The chapter of a building is set when it enters your inventory. This building is put into your inventory when you complete the first quest. You are considered to be in a chapter after completing the first research of that chapter (usually entitled "advanced scouts"). Opening the chest on the research tree does not trigger the new chapter.

DeletedUser20819

Some of you are missing the importants parts here.

The other events were a random spin for like 7 or 8 "groups" of percentage things you could CHOOSE. If there was a ball that was crap and there were three that were liquid cow manure, you could choose to not pick the it in favor of something you wanted or NEEDED. Timeskips and Windfalls are arguably the game's most powerful items so you could at least "try your best" to get what was best ORRR if there was something else you think was best, you could try for it.
This doesn't do that. This is a randomization of a randomization and WORST the results are completely HIDDEN. So you can't even pick a CHANCE at something you want AND a bunch of the "CHOICES" are liquid cow manure (not the name I want to use but it's the name that won't get my post censored).
This is junk. Fifty ribbons and perhaps 3 out of 20 choices are "good".

Maybe somebody who hasn't played the game designed this and therefor doesn't understand that a whole bunch of this event are useless things?

Deleted User - 3932582

When is the chapter of the gingerbread house set? When you complete the 1st quest or when you turn it in?
Always when an item is placed in your inventory, so on completion of the first quest.

Also, when are you considered to be in a chapter - when you open the chest and start scouts or when you finish scouts?
Latter - when you activate Advanced Scout research, or whatever research is there first in the chapter.

DeletedUser24698

Trying to think of anything ever where limiting choice was a popular decision. I have wished Vision Vapor let us choose a prize (or at least ditch bad culture), or that event chests would go away in favor of something that would let us pick the prize. Now with all of this blind randomization, you pushed us even further away from being able to pick the prize we want. I'm getting nothing of value for the event currency 4/5. I'm feeling frustrated with this game 80% of the time. After 3 years, I'm just about done.

aerondor

I'm a bit behind, but my 10c on the buying KP quests.

I think they are fine. KP costs increase the more you buy them. So players who have spent a lot (whether early chapters or later) will find those quests harder. In general early chapters won't have "bought" as many KP as later ones, so they will find those quests relatively cheap. If they have skipped ahead on research by buying with coins etc, well, that is the consequence.

Heymrdiedier

This was a bug report previously submitted on Beta to which Kerseptje identified it as not a bug. The only productions counted in produce quests are the direct collection from buildings. The panda feed bonus and the crystal lighthouse chests do not count.
It is maddening trying to figure out what works and what doesn't in each event. Collect this but not that. These enchantments count but those don't, etc. The game used to be intuitive and it's gotten less so over time. If I was a new player, I doubt the current game would hold my interest simply out of confusion.

Quests can easily be scaled by chapter (like goods, coins, supplies and troop quests). Buy & Spend KP quests are perfect for that.
u
Hey, devs, why doesn't feeding the bear count toward production? It's not an exploit. I have either crafted the pet food or won it legit. It should count imo.
Because we do not have to wait a day or two before we can collect it, the way we have to do with the other buildings that do count. If we do not have to sit and wait for something to be ready to collect, then it does not count as production.

so many questions about the same thing.
I think the devs made is so that goods are not summonable (so using spells or opening lighthouse boosted chests). So anything that gives you good 'on demand' doesnt count for 'produce' quests. Probably to prevent us from going too fast on those quests. At least thats how i can see it make sense. You can save up on those petfoods/chests (although only 3) to use them when you want. Ofcourse you can also save your normal productions untill you get those quests, and i hope they dont find anything against that :)

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
so many questions about the same thing.
I think the devs made is so that goods are not summonable (so using spells or opening lighthouse boosted chests).

I understand what you are trying to say, but it is hard to categorize the lighthouse boost as summonable when there is a 24 hour cooldown between offering sets of three. The way the moderators talk about it, I think the decision made was code driven. The code categorizes one set one way and another set another way, and it is messy to try to rearrange the categorization to suit this particular context.

NightshadeCS

Two things I have issue with in this event.

1. As a few others have experienced, while Inno now "guarantees" that quests won't repeat immediately, I have had multiple every-other repeats, which is little better. For me, they seem to come in sets of 3. For example:

Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor
Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor
Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor

Surely a better system can be used.

2. I don't understand why they would not provide the "shuffle" button at any time. This would allow us to at least open presents until we had gotten what we consider the "best" of them. For their money-grubbing little hearts-content, they could make the shuffle button cost ribbons, or even diamonds. That would give the players more feelings of control, and provide a revenue source for Inno.

DeletedUser19458

After year and a bit of playing this will be first event I'm sitting out. Grand Prize is nothing inpsiring I want (no biggie - just my own choice there). But more importantly they've ruined the fun of events even further then autumn by ruining chances of getting a daily prize. So really no point in participating at all.

What kills me is these changes they are making appear to have no bearing on trying to convert non-diamond players to diamond players, rather strictly penalizing active players to make it more fair against either new players or casual players. I guess the most active players are not their most lucrative???

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I understand what you are trying to say, but it is hard to categorize the lighthouse boost as summonable when there is a 24 hour cooldown between offering sets of three. The way the moderators talk about it, I think the decision made was code driven. The code categorizes one set one way and another set another way, and it is messy to try to rearrange the categorization to suit this particular context.

But you can avoid that 24 hour cooldown every other day. You can wait til a few minutes before the start of the new game day, go and get your three chests, then as soon as it is the new day, you can go and get three more chests. If there really were a straight 24-hour cooldown between sets of three chests, it might be different, but because you can manipulate it, even in this small way, it does not count as production.