• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is hysterical

MagicPagan

At first I just thought this was funny. Now, I'm starting to get sort of peevish about developer response to this.

People are reporting problems on desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile - on a variety of browsers. And the response from Inno seems to be, "Not our problem - yours! Must be your equipment, your cache, your browser, your OS."

Not clearing my cache to enter each of my four cities. I'm just going to amble on back to my city in Sinya, wait for someone in my FS to take my trades for crystal so I can finish spire.

Whether Inno's server displays the icon for scrolls in spire or not. That is my tech screw-up of today.

Seriously folks, what are the odds?

Huor

I wonder how much the cyber attack on Kaseya has to do with this. The timing is certainly right and I could see it affecting data center servers and networks. Still thinking out loud (which is usually not good).

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I suspect it was more that they didn't read the entire ticket. We don't have particularly stringent response time requirements, but we do only have 6 supporters. Cache clear is always the first line of attack with browser problems.

LOL! I said in my message that they were skimming the msgs and hitting some automatic response, so "they didn't read the entire ticket" is what I meant. I think you are right that they may just have too few responders. Maybe, with the recent set of glitches, they have an upswing in the number of questions and it's a temporary situation. Still, I do wish they would take a little more time and read/process the message before letting key words trigger an automatic response. It actually improves the throughput to get the right answer the first time and makes the customer happier as well.

AJ

Sarafyne

Please keep in mind that we are playing this game for free and when you consider the amount of information the program has to store and refresh across countless servers, it's easy to see that glitches can occur. The programming behind the scenes must be extremely complex. If you experience a glitch open up a helpdesk ticket and Inno will do their best to fix it.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
LOL! I said in my message that they were skimming the msgs and hitting some automatic response, so "they didn't read the entire ticket" is what I meant. I think you are right that they may just have too few responders. Maybe, with the recent set of glitches, they have an upswing in the number of questions and it's a temporary situation. Still, I do wish they would take a little more time and read/process the message before letting key words trigger an automatic response. It actually improves the throughput to get the right answer the first time and makes the customer happier as well.

AJ
I just went looking for your ticket and don't see anything that is recent. Can you please pm me the ticket number or supporter name?

MagicPagan

Please keep in mind that we are playing this game for free and when you consider the amount of information the program has to store and refresh across countless servers, it's easy to see that glitches can occur. The programming behind the scenes must be extremely complex. If you experience a glitch open up a helpdesk ticket and Inno will do their best to fix it.
I'm not playing for free. My expectation is that Inno should have a handle on the amount of data their servers need to store, and that they plan accordingly.

Aritra

My expectation is that Inno should have a handle on the amount of data their servers need to store, and that they plan accordingly.
They know this and this is not their first rodeo. Things happen. Things get fixed. I'm sure they're working on it.
It is uncommon to have glitches of this degree, but I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.
(the world isn't ending, at least we hope not, because then we'd have to return to the real world, haha)

DeletedUser20539

The glitches must be a Android situation. I use a laptop and I only have a minor issue logging on, when the server is very busy.
:D Get a laptop people.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol
Try fighting with invisible troops.
Try maneuvering around surprise terrain (my personal favorite!).
Try reaping when the interface is so bad that the citizens are on the roof.
Try rearranging when old, sold road squares forbid placement.
Or! Who remembers the time they retro engineered the new elven girl's assets (on the loading screen). Geesh it was multiple constant stream errors that day.
Then there was the tournament that started, and crashed, reloaded, and crashed, and they made us wait 2 days while they fixed it. No one got reimbursed for lost troops either.

And then there was Sharkapalooza. We won it in the event before it was due to be released, so when we tried to place it we got ugly red squares that never produced a building. That was around the week with a glitchy expansion that had all the buildings in the NE corner hanging over a cliff. Our squirrel is still MIA after that, yes Art Department, we want to know, did he try to eat the giant pumpkin and just explode, or what?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Update
The Devs have asked that anyone who is willing send a screenshot of their Network log, whenever this issue shows itself in any way. It's quite hard to reproduce on purpose.

The Network tab can be seen when, on Chrome or Edge, pressing ctrl+shift+J, then opening the "network" part of the dev console
Firefox should be ctrl+shift+k

Also, include your Browser, and when the problem started. You can paste it here, or submit a support ticket. If you submit a support ticket please ask that it be forwarded to me.

MagicPagan

Update
The Devs have asked that anyone who is willing send a screenshot of their Network log, whenever this issue shows itself in any way. It's quite hard to reproduce on purpose.

The Network tab can be seen when, on Chrome or Edge, pressing ctrl+shift+J, then opening the "network" part of the dev console
Firefox should be ctrl+shift+k

Also, include your Browser, and when the problem started. You can paste it here, or submit a support ticket. If you submit a support ticket please ask that it be forwarded to me.
Thanks, Helya.

Dew Spinner

At first I just thought this was funny. Now, I'm starting to get sort of peevish about developer response to this.

People are reporting problems on desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile - on a variety of browsers. And the response from Inno seems to be, "Not our problem - yours! Must be your equipment, your cache, your browser, your OS."

Not clearing my cache to enter each of my four cities. I'm just going to amble on back to my city in Sinya, wait for someone in my FS to take my trades for crystal so I can finish spire.

Whether Inno's server displays the icon for scrolls in spire or not. That is my tech screw-up of today.

Seriously folks, what are the odds?
And it's really funny that they always say....we can't reproduce it! What are the chances that this his happening on multiple servers, with a boat load of players and it isn't happening with their games...pretty damn slim!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Like @Iyapo1 I had not seen any of these glitches (mostly play on chrome browser, seldom on mobile app), then today had a Spire fight where the enemy Mist Walker was blurred out, though hovering told me it was a Mist Walker.
@helya
Took screenshot of entire page with Network Log and sent it on support ticket asking that it be forwarded to you.

Dew Spinner

It's happening in the trader now too, screenshot on the FB group of scrolls for platinum trade.
trader glitch.jpg