• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is hysterical

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't know why they would have told you that because armories have nothing to do with battle difficulty. All they do is increase the size of your training slots in the three military buildings. Having more troops means you can fight more battles before running out, but do not make them easier.

Yes

Let's talk about what makes battles easier.
First: Learning what matches up best against the troops the enemy is fielding.
And in no particular order
* Fighting on manual and using the terrain to your advantage
* Any of the AWs that increase the damage or health of your troops
* The Fire Phoenix if you get one
* wearing orange socks
* The buff buildings you can craft

Iyapo1

* wearing orange socks
Considering this comment:
I'm already seeing the color of provinces change from red to orange.
Maybe green socks would work better? Also adding 3 more things that make fighting easier:
* Squad-size upgrades
* Advanced scouting Tech
* Troop upgrades
Since Tauriel was referring to map encounters in a similar post on a different thread.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I don't want to get anyone in trouble by giving you the name of someone on the Support Team who was only trying to help me,
If 10 armories won't make battles easier, then how many armories will?
They won't get in trouble, but I do want them to know that the answer was incorrect.

Armories do not in any way affect battle difficulty, they increase the number of troops that can be trained in each training slot. Maybe they meant Dwarven Armorers?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
They won't get in trouble, but I do want them to know that the answer was incorrect.

Armories do not in any way affect battle difficulty, they increase the number of troops that can be trained in each training slot. Maybe they meant Dwarven Armorers?
Why would anyone recommend 10 Dwarven Armorers? That's hardly sustainable.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@helya One of my friends Advanced Scout shows 36/10. This means they have scouted 36 provinces out of the 10 needed. Is this correct?
That could be one of the reasons why they are only seeing Very Hard provinces and they’re only in Chapter 2.

@Lelanya Nothing was said about 10 Dwarven Armorers, only Armories. But when you think about it, doesn't it make sense that if you have more military units that outnumber the enemy units, you will stand a better chance at winning the battle? Armories give you more troops. The more armories you have, the more troops you have.

Gladiola

Having more armories means you can train more troops overall, which means that you can afford to lose a lot more troops and therefore fight a lot more close battles. For example, I only have one armory so I don't train troops while I'm asleep, which means less troops overall. Therefore I only fight battles where I will not only win but win with relatively fewer troop losses.

Having more armories does not make battles easier, but it does make it possible to fight more battles and therefore improves overall fighting performance. (You win more battles if you fight more winnable battles because you have more troops to fight with.)

Everyone is correct, it's just that you're talking past each other.

hvariidh gwendrot

lol not exactly, the ability to make a lot of weaker troops is not going to make battles easier just higher losses, stronger troops will and better skills make battles easier, the room could be used for wonders that will make the troops better thus the battles easier,

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@helya This is the message from Fornadia, Senior In-Game Support.
“Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team. We are happy to assist. The armories are the breeding grounds at higher levels. The more armories you have, the more troops you can train at one time and the less often you have to fill your barracks etc. As a fellow player I have more than 10 armories. The more the better if you are fighting.

We hope this helps and should you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Have a great day!"

The advice Fornadia gave me makes a lot of sense. I don't understand why you're disagreeing with the advice I was given.

And nowhere in there does she say it makes battles easier.
Just like EVERYONE here has said. It helps you train more at a time, but that does not increase the size of fighting squads.

BTW Personally I think 10 armories is excessive. The space can be put to better use. Just level up three or four. If you insist, do five.
I'm Chapter 17 and have three maxed out. That gives me plenty of breeding and training size. Of course I also have AWs like the Dwarven Bulwark, that increases training size.
If you are a fighter, build every AW that improves troop performance, or increases training size or makes training faster.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@hvariidh gwendrot, @Gladiola Now I understand. Thank you so much for answering my question. Now I understand how the armories work. I agree, land expansions should be used for Ancient Wonders, not building more armories. In my city I plan on having, including the Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp, a Dwarven Bulwark, Heroes Forge, Shrewdy Shroom, and at least 4 Armories. I'm assuming Armory Breeding Grounds count as armories, even though they only produce Orcs.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Why would anyone recommend 10 Dwarven Armorers? That's hardly sustainable.
But battles would certainly be easier :D
One of my friends Advanced Scout shows 36/10. This means they have scouted 36 provinces out of the 10 needed. Is this correct?
Yes, that's correct *ETA Completed 36 out of the 10 needed
The advice Fornadia gave me makes a lot of sense. I don't understand why you're disagreeing with the advice I was given.
Fornadia's information was correct, but training more troops won't make battles easier, it will allow you to do more of them

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol Helya, that's true enough, 10 DAs would be awesome.
Tauriel just quoted her Support Ticket answer on the Forum and that's a no no.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Lol Helya, that's true enough, 10 DAs would be awesome.
Tauriel just quoted her Support Ticket answer on the Forum and that's a no no.
I know, I asked fornadia if she minded and she's fine with it, so I'm going to let it stay. But I'll add a disclaimer to it.

Fornadia

Ex-Team Member
Elvenar Team
I actually have 14 armories and considering adding 2 more after this last chapter is complete. I have the space, so I can justify additional armories. It is extremely rare that I cater or convince. I agree strong armies are important, but we also need a lot of troops.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I actually have 14 armories and considering adding 2 more after this last chapter is complete. I have the space, so I can justify additional armories. It is extremely rare that I cater or convince. I agree strong armies are important, but we also need a lot of troops.

Well, I'm sorry but, you must really suck at fighting if you need that many to keep your inventory.
And I really think you should stop advising other people to play that way.