• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

BrinDarby

I have a chapter 3 player who cannot win 3 encounters and doesn't have pet food. The only way he can get past quest 7 is if by some chance pet food comes up in his MA.
Even a brand new CH3 player, after just doing a event ( red panda ) that needs pet food.....
you're telling us that that player didn't have a few pet foods squirrel'd away, knowing its
always good idea to have a few of everything, just for tasks .... ??

Rule #1c of Elvenar , never almost run out of , or run out of stuff. when you do
the game will find a way to punish you for it.....

plus a few days before this event started , the tasklist was public, therefore both
you and you're ch3 player shudda known petfood was need'd on task 7.....

pppppp ... proper planning prevents piss poor performance.......

OIM20

@SoggyShorts - am I reading the dailies list correctly? The last day, we're offered the building that's in the Royal Prize Pass as the daily prize?

*leaves tasty beverages for @helya, and two more platters of yummy goodness (so Soggy can have some too)*

Myne

Oh Wise One
Even a brand new CH3 player, after just doing a event ( red panda ) that needs pet food.....
you're telling us that that player didn't have a few pet foods squirrel'd away, knowing its
always good idea to have a few of everything, just for tasks .... ??

Rule #1c of Elvenar , never almost run out of , or run out of stuff. when you do
the game will find a way to punish you for it.....

plus a few days before this event started , the tasklist was public, therefore both

pppppp ... proper planning prevents piss poor performance.......

Dang, that's harsh. Chapter 3 players have no idea what they will need long term. Archmages can't think of every thing for every player, and shouldn't. Some things must be discovered for themselves.
Edit: NEW chapter 3 players have no idea what they will need long term.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts - am I reading the dailies list correctly? The last day, we're offered the building that's in the Royal Prize Pass as the daily prize?

*leaves tasty beverages for @helya, and two more platters of yummy goodness (so Soggy can have some too)*

The final day has not happened yet on Beta, so no one knows what the final daily prize will be. Only the quest list and a list of new buildings can be hacked out of the data files, not the when any daily prizes will appear. This is why we never know which old buildings may come back as daily prizes.

Cielo2011

Please use this thread to tell us what you think about the Misty Forest Event!
I wasn't a fan of the event in beta at first. I am okay with it now but the order of the quests is annoying in a few places. 20 relics 2x in a row is very time consuming. I am chapter 5 in live and chap 3 in beta
I normally love the events. BUT 2 , "Buy 8 KP" in a row is crazy. I just started a new city, and that finished it for me.

Lemon Wren

Was I the only one who found the whole Misty Forest play confusing? Candles; lanterns; orbs, paths; collecting stuff to buy packages of candles, lanterns and orbs; clearing the board (kinda, depending on if you're using a candle, lantern or orb); ghost cats, etc etc. I frankly don't find it great when a game forces me to go to Youtube for a tutorial. (Or to Excel spreadsheets for group events.)

I know for a fact I wasted resources (candles, lanterns, orbs) trying to figure out how to clear the board.

Lemon Wren

I normally love the events. BUT 2 , "Buy 8 KP" in a row is crazy. I just started a new city, and that finished it for me.

Agreed. Buy twelve KP is a big ask, but buy eight back-to-back? I could see where someone with fewer resources would get stuck for hours potentially.

gernsey

I've only been playing for a relative short amount of time, i'm just opening chapter 6- I've done the Elvenar seahorse games, couple adventures, and the zodiac events.

When this event first started i thought, "ooh fun, i like the maze/lights mechanic". Blasted through a bunch of quests, bought 2 of the 420 packs, lanterns,candles. Then started down the maze. Everytime i see a reward the % for the buildings was 4%, 6%..etc and 840 event currency points spent later, i get almost nothing to show for it.

If the goal is to incentive spending diamonds/money whatever on event currency, it's having quite the opposite effect. I'm not diving headfirst into a "sunken cost fallacy" where i spend currency and get nothing to show for it, and then spend more to make up for it... I'll limp through the rest of this one and be glad when it's over.

Guurt The Destroyer

I wouldnt say "super easy" but they were much more friendly to go thru and didn't as far as I can remember, to stop players on the first day with roadblocks later quests can be difficult but doable, Hard Stops are not a good thing

My very first event I got 9 artifacts. I was in chapter 1. I still have the unevolved Queen's Fairy Building from Chapter 1. I never put it out because it is from Chapter 1 and I would have had to have used a million RR to make it relevant. I kept the 9 artifacts, so if this event comes up again I can get a higher level base.

I had never played the game before. I was in Chapter 1. No one helped me. I just figured it out on my own. I wasn't even in a fellowship when the event started. I spent no money.

Not sure why anyone would say the events are too hard for starting players.

Give starting players a bit more credit. It wasn't impossible or really hard. I actually enjoyed the event as I got a LOT of really useful resources in the event. The buildings are pointless at that stage of the game, but the other resources were nice.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
oops, was just using the process of elimination and didn't see it in the royal pass will remove now and update when we see it
I did the same and came up with Phantom Bear. This culture is a new item that hasn't been repeated yet.

Elivarian

How does it all add up ?

We have no idea to what will show up on the map, and what shows up just shows up, so no way to chose the optimal "chest" for anything.

Will we even be near a fully evolved building ?

BrinDarby

Dang, that's harsh. Chapter 3 players have no idea what they will need long term.
The point was that we just came outta an event and FA that begg'd for ppl to start
making petfood.... Also, by CH3 you should know that there's a list of tasks @ eGems
and prolly a good Idea to go take a look...... between those 2 things, most players
will have crafted more than a few petfood during the event and FA.... duhh

I was not trying to be harsh, but there's another task not so far off asking for 2 petfood
so I suggest that player make that a priority to look for in the next few MA cues.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
...... between those 2 things, most players
will have crafted more than a few petfood during the event and FA.... duhh

I was not trying to be harsh, but there's another task not so far off asking for 2 petfood
so I suggest that player make that a priority to look for in the next few MA cues.

You're forgetting players cannot do the Spire until chapter 3? Crafting anything is pretty hard if not impossible until then. Crafting CC takes forever and they don't have inventory of things they can disenchant for spell fragments. Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and hoping that was not meant to be as harsh as it sounded. Honestly, I didn't even notice the other pet food quests. I'll be done the first 53 quests today so things like that just don't stand out to me. I also do not use the quest lists until the events actually start. I haven't prepared for an event in a very long time. You are right though in pointing out that maybe it would be a good idea going forward so I can warn smaller players in our FS if I see potential total roadblocks like this.