• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

Huor

Just so I can understand and relay back to our FS, the spire cool down is an entire spire cycle. i.e. A player joins during last weeks spire and gets locked out because a spire is already underway (understandable). They appear to be locked out from this weeks spire also (that's the message they are getting). They weren't locked out of this weeks tournament.

Yogi Dave

My understanding is, but haven't experienced it in my FS, is they can still play and get the individual rewards, but their points don't go to the FS total, and they don't get rewards from the crystals. I've been confused when people say, 'locked out'. Does that mean they can't even enter the spire?

However, it sounds like a ticket is needed if they joined before the spire opened this morning. Calling @helya.
Helya.png

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
They appear to be locked out from this weeks spire also (that's the message they are getting). They weren't locked out of this weeks tournament.
Can you have them submit a ticket so I can look? If they joined before the Spire started today, they should be able to participate.

Huor

I was wondering about the message "next time" she was getting. I just looked and she is in the spire, but as you say, the message may mean she isn't part of the team rewards this week? I will tell her to open a ticket just to be sure! Thank you @helya

@Yogi Dave you're right, locked out is not a good term for this! I thought she wasn't able to enter the spire when I talked with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I was wondering about the message "next time" she was getting. I just looked and she is in the spire, but as you say, the message may mean she isn't part of the team rewards this week? I will tell her to open a ticket just to be sure! Thank you @helya

She shouldn't even be locked out of contributing to the Fellowship rewards, so I would like to check.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The flip side of that is that I find myself as Archmage second guessing what I should do. Seems like a lot of players are totally noncommittal about their preferences. I just keep thinking that may be the case until somebody feels slighted because I don't pick what they are looking for. I really am hoping to get more feedback once players get the hang of how the perks work so I don't have to worry about it.

The fellowship took a vote on what we wanted to go for, and the AM or a mage is adding points to that perk (spire) whenever we have enough. Soon we'll have enough for the 4th spire perk. Those who voted on the message thread got their voice heard. Those who didn't have no reason to complain. I like the way my AM handled it.

Soleil Nightbloom

The fellowship took a vote on what we wanted to go for, and the AM or a mage is adding points to that perk (spire) whenever we have enough. Soon we'll have enough for the 4th spire perk. Those who voted on the message thread got their voice heard. Those who didn't have no reason to complain. I like the way my AM handled it.
I took the same approach as your AM did and took a vote on which perks to upgrade. When we got the in-game announcement that the perks were coming soon, I held an open discussion with my fellowship so that they could gain understanding and ask questions about the perks. Playing on Beta helped me better understand the perks, so that I could help my fellowship. Then when the perks were implemented on the live servers I held a vote.

It makes me feel bad for players who have a AM who’s just upgrading whatever perks they feel like. I don’t understand how an AMs/ Mages can go rouge like that and just do their own thing without the fellowships input. It just makes too much sense to me that the fellowship should vote for what they want, like what most fellowships do for the FA. As an AM on my main city my fellowship is trusting me to do right by them, even if it’s a perk I’m not to fond of. If they voted for me to upgrade a particular perk I’ll upgrade it. After all it’s called “Fellowship Perks” not “Archmage/ Mage Perks”.

Soleil Nightbloom

In regards to the cooldown period, would it be ideal to have a player join a fellowship on a Saturday when the tourney has ended? It seems that they will still be affected by the cooldown in the 24hr period, for neighborly help and the Spire will start in that timeframe. But, this seems to be the best scenario for bringing on a player. Can anyone please clarify this for me?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I hope I was wrong about what I said above. I love it when I'm wrong about some aspect of the game and hear the truth. Playing from false premises is the pits.
The way it should work is if you join during the Spire or Tourney, you can do your own thing, but no FS participation. The next week though, you should be able to participate fully.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
In regards to the cooldown period, would it be ideal to have a player join a fellowship on a Saturday when the tourney has ended? It seems that they will still be affected by the cooldown in the 24hr period, for neighborly help and the Spire will start in that timeframe. But, this seems to be the best scenario for bringing on a player. Can anyone please clarify this for me?
A player should be able to join Saturday after the Tournament rewards are distributed and before the Spire starts on Sunday, and then be able to participate in both. Only visits have the 24-hour cooldown.

Yogi Dave

*should, as we can see from @Huor's player, it's possibly not working seamlessly
What? There are bugs in the code? Ghost in the machine? How can that be? Oh, that's right. I write software for a living. There is always a bug hanging around to be squashed in any program of significant complexity, especially after years of Darwinian evolution.

In a Dilbert comic the pointed haired boss said they were going to start paying $1000 for every bug found. Wally, said, "Whoo-hoo! I'm going to code me a minivan this afternoon."

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A player should be able to join Saturday after the Tournament rewards are distributed and before the Spire starts on Sunday, and then be able to participate in both. Only visits have the 24-hour cooldown.

@helya Someone on Facebook had this same complaint and what they posted said that they joined their new fellowship 15 hours before the Spire started and could not participate in the group rewards at first, but 24 hours after joining the fellowship, 9 hours after the Spire started, their progress was added to the group progress. So it looks like the 24-hour cooldown after joining affects everything and not just being able to visit members.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I took the same approach as your AM did and took a vote on which perks to upgrade. When we got the in-game announcement that the perks were coming soon, I held an open discussion with my fellowship so that they could gain understanding and ask questions about the perks. Playing on Beta helped me better understand the perks, so that I could help my fellowship. Then when the perks were implemented on the live servers I held a vote.

It makes me feel bad for players who have a AM who’s just upgrading whatever perks they feel like. I don’t understand how an AMs/ Mages can go rouge like that and just do their own thing without the fellowships input. It just makes too much sense to me that the fellowship should vote for what they want, like what most fellowships do for the FA. As an AM on my main city my fellowship is trusting me to do right by them, even if it’s a perk I’m not to fond of. If they voted for me to upgrade a particular perk I’ll upgrade it. After all it’s called “Fellowship Perks” not “Archmage/ Mage Perks”.

Maybe we need the option in messages to make a poll? I also asked for input from my FS. I have players on wacky schedules and it's hard to get any kind of timely response from a chat with 25 players on crazy schedules for sure.