• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Those at squad size 1-7 will have a smaller squad size now, however the province fights are meant to have also being re-balanced because of this. From squad size tech 8 and up you will have a larger squad size

DeletedUser4417

Those at squad size 1-7 will have a smaller squad size now, however the province fights are meant to have also being re-balanced because of this. From squad size tech 8 and up you will have a larger squad size

Actually, 1-6 are what have slightly smaller squad sizes. At 7 is when the gain actually occurs as opposed to the normal 72 you now get a size of 90.

DeletedUser

The size of my army is suddenly reduced. I used to be able to train 19 at a time, and now its 17. The size of my squads use to be 45 or more and now its 36. What caused this to happen and how can it be fixed?

Update, actually found the issue. In my Research tab i found that the last two squad updates disappeared, i have to fill them with knowledge points again. Has this been an issue before?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4450

You know it would cost Elvenar nothing to replace the lost KPs too all that lost them and they should replace these in your Buildings basket for you to use in my case I lost 112 KPs That's roughly 10 days of game play. in the Name of good Customer Service These KPs should be replaced for everyone. Without Your Customers your Business is NOTHING.

DeletedUser4417

You know it would cost Elvenar nothing to replace the lost KPs too all that lost them and they should replace these in your Buildings basket for you to use in my case I lost 112 KPs That's roughly 10 days of game play. in the Name of good Customer Service These KPs should be replaced for everyone. Without Your Customers your Business is NOTHING.
Had anyone actually 'lost' any KP's yes, it would cost them nothing. But noone has lost any KP's as there is no lost tech etc.

DeletedUser2753

kp loss.jpg

Here is my issue, they deleted KPS from my completed Research. The JPEG shows I completed 2 Squad upgrades and was working on the last research, the Human AWs. and had already spent KPS on the research, which is impossible if I had not completed the previous Squad Upgrades. SEE JPEG. Aider and Support have not acknowledged this problem.

DeletedUser61

As soon as you complete the Squad Size Upgrades for 11 and 12, you'll already be 6 points into your AW. You haven't "lost" anything. You've just been allowed to acquire larger squads, at this point, than was previously the case.

DeletedUser2753

ing. You've just been allowed to acquire larger squads, at this point, than was previously the case.

Did you read my post. I either completed these two researches or they added new ones. There is absolutely no mention of any change to these squad upgrades in the release notes which have been quoted back to me. Please clarify how they changed these two Squad Upgrades, when they say they did not?

DeletedUser4417

Did you read my post. I either completed these two researches or they added new ones. There is absolutely no mention of any change to these squad upgrades in the release notes which have been quoted back to me. Please clarify how they changed these two Squad Upgrades, when they say they did not?

Actually in the release notes they said they moved two squad sizes forward. All the changes are listed in the version release notes on changes.
  • Two Squad Size Upgrade technologies have been moved forwards to respectively Chapters 1 and 2

DeletedUser4417

Outside of bug fixes, THIS is what they posted they did with this version release.

This update comes with one of the biggest balancing changes we have done to date: the first package of the Battle Redesign! The most important changes are listed below:
  • Many technologies have been moved in the technology tree, mostly those related to battle: units have been moved forwards, and two 'squad size increase' technologies have been moved forward, so that they are more evenly distributed over the research tree. It can be possible that you will have to research those moved technologies first, before you can progress at the end of the technology tree. If you had already unlocked them, they will remain unlocked for you.
    • Two Squad Size Upgrade technologies have been moved forwards to respectively Chapters 1 and 2
    • The Paladin unit has been moved forwards from Chapter 3 to Chapter 2
    • Paladin II's technology has been moved forwards from Chapter 5 to Chapter 4
    • The Priest (Humans) and Sorceress (Elves) technologies have been moved forwards from Chapter 4 to Chapter 3
  • Squad Size Increase technologies now give 3x their number of increase to your maximum squad size, rather than the fixed +12 that they would give until now
  • The calculation of which NPC army you will face has been changed for both regular Provinces as well as Tournaments
  • Updated quests where necessary to reflect the new system and new technology positions
  • NPC units in provinces can now also be level 2 or even 3, depending on the distance of the province
  • Updated the upgrade effects of the Barracks in terms of training speed
  • Updated all Ancient Wonders that offer effects to training speed to accommodate the new system (their strength, relatively, is similar to what it was before)
  • Unit production has been rebalanced: you can now create more units in the same time
  • Unit production costs are no longer increasing when you upgrade your unit, instead they stay the same per unit
All the values for the units were changed to accommodate the new system, which can include: damage, health, unit weight, maximum walking distance, reach and retaliation.

WolfSinger

@Lionsmane - you beat me to the reply.

What has happened is because they shifted two of the techs to earlier chapters - you have a new tech that was added to the tree or was LINKED to the tree (where it was previously optional).

DeletedUser4417

My problem is at the end of Chapter 4
I understand that Architect. Let me try to place things into perspective. Prior to the upgrade you had researched up to and including squad size 9 & 10 which previously held the spots that are now held by squad size upgrades 11 & 12. Your max squad size at the time was 120 units. Your squad size now, is 171 and when you complete these two upgrades it will jump up to 240.

They redid the way that the squads increase in terms of numbers of troops so as to make it more balanced as a person progresses. You lost nothing when they did this. You simply have two more techs to advance before you can resume where you were.

DeletedUser2753

I understand that Architect. Let me try to place things into perspective. Prior to the upgrade you had researched up to and including squad size 9 & 10 which previously held the spots that are now held by squad size upgrades 11 & 12.
I thank you ifor trying to resolve my problem but please tell me: Were is any of this mentioned in the release notes? They say nothing of moving other research back other then:
Two Squad Size Upgrade technologies have been moved forwards to respectively Chapters 1 and 2
No mention of moving all following tech forward as well. See Above

DeletedUser4417

I thank you ifor trying to resolve my problem but please tell me: Were is any of this mentioned in the release notes? They say nothing of moving other research back other then:

No mention of moving all following tech forward as well. See Above

NP, It's what I try to do. Ok, this link lists the entirety of what they did with this versions updates. https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-15.4194/#post-26457

In there you will see where it said that they were moving certain things like two squad upgrade updates forward as well as the Priest and Paladin upgrades. This means that people that did not have them, now have them earlier. Also that people now have access to two squad upgrades that they did not have before, unless they were nearly at the end of content.

Just about everyone has two NEW squad updates to research as existing (1 & 2) squad updates were pushed back and this affected all other placements of squad updates. This means that in most, but not all cases, people have to research the new techs first to resume their spot. This increases their overall squad sizes and thus combat power. No KP's were lost in this movement even though that is a common misconception.

DeletedUser

I have had the same problem for a day and half or longer. I was hoping it would get fixed. I had squads of 24, then it went down to 7 I think. I have also have researched squad size upgrade #2 since then as well. Now my squads are up to 15, and cant fight effectively to progress in the game. I am going to slow down and run out of stuff I can do soon I am afraid. Can't expand, can't fight, loosing ground.

I also had problems with training, I used to train more before then I do now after building and upgrading the Armory to level 3. I think I trained 12 at a time before the problem and I built the Armory with upgrading to level 3. Now I am training 11.

I also had problems with the training time, but it seems that part has been fixed already.

DeletedUser4369

Game version: v1.15.13-(186b729) (2016-10-12 10:51)
Game world: __
Browser + version: N/A
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: N/A
Screen resolution: N/A
Account name: Grahaukr
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5 / Ongoing

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
I have completed Squad Size Upgrade 4, but my squad size remains at 36

I believe this occurred after the game update. I know I lost an entire upgrade I had filled with KP, but had not paid for yet. There were so many things that appeared messed up at the time, I almost walked away from the game, I was so perturbed. Therefore I am unsure as to what that upgrade was (perhaps Squad Size Upgrade 3).

Needless to say the KPs were gone and I don't believe I regained the provinces from which those KPs were gained either! Of course I cant document that, because I didn't even know about the game update until after it had happened.

At least I've figured out why I have not been able to win a single battle since the game update!

Expected situation:
Squad Size should be 60
And return my lost KPs or similar compensation, at least

Reproduction Steps
You'd have to look into what your update did.

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)
Show Squad Level.jpg Show Squad Size.jpg

DeletedUser2753

as existing (1 & 2) squad updates were pushed back and this affected all other placements of squad updates.
Were do the release notes say that??? Were is this info from??? Support has not answered This question and either have you.

DeletedUser4417

Were do the release notes say that??? Were is this info from??? Support has not answered This question and either have you.
It appears in this thread they release each time a new update is done. For ease here is the whole thing. I will C&P the relevant parts.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-15.4194/#post-26457

This is the relevant part from the section marked as 'balancing changes.'

• The Paladin unit has been moved forwards from Chapter 3 to Chapter 2
  • Paladin II's technology has been moved forwards from Chapter 5 to Chapter 4
  • The Priest (Humans) and Sorceress (Elves) technologies have been moved forwards from Chapter 4 to Chapter 3
Then there is the section above it:

"Many technologies have been moved in the technology tree, mostly those related to battle: units have been moved forwards, and two 'squad size increase' technologies have been moved forward, so that they are more evenly distributed over the research tree. It can be possible that you will have to research those moved technologies first, before you can progress at the end of the technology tree. If you had already unlocked them, they will remain unlocked for you."

This means that they moved the 1&2 squad upgrades to an earlier point which subsequently shifted all other upgrades forward to an earlier point. No one lost any upgrades, they actually have, on average 2-3 additional techs to research now. Once those are done you are once again at the point that you were at originally.

With the re-working of the squad upgrade numbers, this means that anyone that is at squad 7+ will see larger overall squads as the squad upgrades now go by the numberx3 rather than a static +12.

DeletedUser2753

"Many technologies have been moved in the technology tree, mostly those related to battle: units have been moved forwards, and two 'squad size increase' technologies have been moved forward, so that they are more evenly distributed over the research tree. It can be possible that you will have to research those moved technologies first, before you can progress at the end of the technology tree. If you had already unlocked them, they will remain unlocked for you."

This means that they moved the 1&2 squad upgrades to an earlier point which subsequently shifted all other upgrades forward to an earlier point. No one lost any upgrades, they actually have, on average 2-3 additional techs to research now. Once those are done you are once again at the point that you were at originally.
This clearly only says they moved only 2 squad upgrades. How can you read more into it then it says? Read it.... Let a Mod or Support tell me that your saying what they did beyond what is stated is what happened, they have not.