• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA cities.

Dadnaz

Hello all,

Just as a matter of information: In your server, Do the top 3 fellowships in the FA use FA cities? Cities that are made only for the FA, it doesn't matter if they are switched when the FA start or just left there, with the only purpose of contribute to the FA. Once again, this is out of curiosity and only for information. No FS names please. On Ceravin the first 2 FS clearly do it. The 3rd maybe.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
What about the team of 6 players in 156th place? Do any of them have alts that they created just for the FA, or the tournament, or the spire?

There is nothing wrong with alts and there is nothing wrong with FA cities. Players are allowed to play their own cities in whatever way brings them joy. Some players really love the FA. Some players have more than 1 FA city. The FA is literally their favorite part of the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
We placed second on Felyndral (about 5,000 of first place) and it was all our normal cities. Because it was a push-FA for us, many of us stripped down heavily using teleport spells and built hundreds of level one buildings, but no different cities were brought on board.^1

^1 We did have a newcomer join to fill our 25th spot, but they joined after the FA was in progress and did not contribute.

BrinDarby

it was all our normal cities.................................................................. built hundreds of level one buildings, but no different cities were brought on board
switching to shanty towns is just as "FA city" as any Ringer might be...
How would you have done if you had your actual normal cities ????

Siorse

Once again, this is out of curiosity and only for information.
Perhaps it's just me but a couple of responses seem a little defensive.

If I'm wrong I apologise!

I'm taking OP at face value and they're merely asking for information.

To what purpose-who knows?

Maybe simple curiosity or maybe ideas on how to run their city or FS for the next FA.

So in that vein on to how my current FS works-
We do not bring in cities that are specifically set up to make badges.
We each clear our cities if we can and so choose and put in however many T1s and workshops we can fit.

We don't generally go all out for it but we don't do too bad either.
I think we mostly make the top 10 or so which we're ok with.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
switching to shanty towns is just as "FA city" as any Ringer might be...
How would you have done if you had your actual normal cities ????
Blah, blah, blah. I don't know what game you want to play, but we're playing Elvenar. The Fellowship adventure is part of the game. Why would they provide teleport spells if they don't expect us to teleport buildings away temporarily?

Cities that are made only for the FA

Lemon Wren

What about the team of 6 players in 156th place? Do any of them have alts that they created just for the FA, or the tournament, or the spire?
So I see you've visited one of my alt accounts. ;)

Yes, I have a tiny FA only alt for my alt account in it. Got the idea from this very forum when someone complained about FA-only cities.

That FA only city meant this particular 256 placed FS could at least finish all three paths. Didn't even make the top 100, but at least folks got to finish it.

Fully intend for this FA only city to be even better and more effective next time. Hopefully we can crack the top 100. I'd love for this little band of casuals to simply place.

Genefer

I never cared about these FA cities, until I realized they impact the map, and my placement on the map, and I have developed a strong resentment, because they negatively impact my city denying me all the pieces of the game that I have earned.

I can understand the motivation for tiny Fellowships, but my city should not have to take the blow for the sake of another player. I have been in a 6-member FS and stage 3 was out of reach entirely and stage 2 became very difficult when the coin badge cost increased last year.

I think the FA should adjust to the size of the fellowship - just like coin, bracelet, and guard badges are adjusted to the city's chapter.

defiantoneks

I interpret "FA Cities" as mainly being ones who never progress in chapters, and do the minimum to stay active at any other time than during the FA.
That being said, if the "intended" meaning is "you teleport a large percentage of your city to create temporary WS and T1s" then some of us did that. We have the means provided (teleports) and being larger cities in higher chapters, we know that the space is too valuable to NOT do our part to contribute for the FA. Besides, as someone else said, isn't that the point? With some at end of game (no chapters to work on) or in chapters that take a year to complete, taking a little break with FA is not a bad thing. Once i finish ch20 I will be building out to be better provider of bracelets. And probably deploy another armory to build up faster for tourneys and spire. And then cross my fingers that a ch 21 arrives and gives me a reason to make guest space again.

i dunno what the fascination or issue or complaint or whatever may be with the FA encampments. If there was a problem with it the devs would issue some sort of in-game control that would keep us from using more than X percent of our tiles for WS or T1 factories. But right now we all get to play how we like. And I think that's a good thing.

Lemon Wren

I think the FA should adjust to the size of the fellowship - just like coin, bracelet, and guard badges are adjusted to the city's chapter.

That would be perfect since Inno has developed the FS system, but the vast majority of players are casual and the vast majority of FS's aren't competitive.

I feel like if you aren't striving for gold or ten chests, you just can't keep 25 motivated players. Feels like it's all or nothing.

And when you only have 12 or 13 casual players who actually want to do a FA, finishing one path on all three maps shouldn't be impossible. Especially considering it's a team building exercise and the rewards are awful.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i have supported that idea for a long while. just like Division I, II, III sports. You don't make the little schools play the big boys.
It's not quite the size of the FS that matters, but the size of the bite. We came in 3rd despite having only 17 players and a bunch of small cities when we first started as a FS. What you gotta do is take Witty Raccoon and throw him into a locked closet with a FA fanatic. Next, you let Witty Rabid Raccoon loose and bite everyone in the FS.

Disclaimer: This only works once. They're now threatening to go to Venice next FA. I also offered to do trust pyramid pinwheel exercises in lieu of FA, but they're not buying. Your mileage may vary.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, all these tiny FA cities, and tiny tournament cities and tiny Spire cities, will have to become less tiny later this year, or be more limited. On Beta and EN servers, all cites on the old tech tree are slowly being moved to the new tech tree and all older cities that are chapter 5 or smaller are being forcibly advanced in chapters. All cities still in chapters 1-4 will be moved to the start of chapter 5 and chapter 5 cities will be moved to the start of chapter 6. And because the way the new research tree is done, all the cities moved to the start of chapter 5 will lose access to the Spire until they do the research for it in chapter 5.

On Beta and EN servers, all cites on the old tech tree are slowly being moved to the new tech tree
FYI - my chapter 15 city on Ceravyn has been moved to the new tech tree as well. Therefore, it appears it isn't just Beta and EN servers. My city was started in 2019 so there is no way it was started on the new tree. I realized earlier this week it was on the new tree. In addition to being moved, all of my optional research I had left not researched on purpose was also fully researched up through chapter 6.

Flashfyre

Especially considering it's a team building exercise and the rewards are awful.
Does this refer to the team (Fellowship) rewards, or the individual members' rewards?
If the former, then your point is valid, in that the FS rewards (other than ranking points) are not proportional to the effort.

If the latter, then I would question why the individuals should be getting anything substantial if it is, in truth, a team-building event. Which implies that individual performance is not a concern, only how well the group does. Ergo, the current individual rewards are not worth much.

Lemon Wren

Yes, the overall FS rewards for FA are awful. I agree with you. The rewards are not proportional for the effort required. So I feel like one viable strategy to overcome the shortfall is to create an FA specific city to help pad the badges.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Whether a player makes an "FA only" city or not, is not the problem. It's that they do so against the rules IF they do it with an alt city. And most do, I believe (could be wrong, but does it make sense that you play only every 6 weeks for a week and are absent the rest of the time becuse you set your city up for the FA only?). In any case, if a player is using his/her alt for the city, they are breaking the rules. Alts are not allowed. But of course, like all "laws" if you don't enforce it, you are implicitly granting the right to break it. And Inno never had enforced the "one city per world" rule.

Now, before anybody gives me a hard time here, I could be wrong. Maybe Inno does allow multiple cities in a world. I'm only quoting what I've heard said many times, so I may be wrongly informed. If so, then the "FA only" city would make sense as, why not? If you like winning the FA, it would make sense to make a city for doing so.

In any case, all this reminds me of my African friend who played international soccer when he was a young man. Made the "all African" team and travelled the world. The thing is, he has always maintained that his talent level was not that high, but his desire level was. He desired to reach a certain level and he made the sacrifices necessary to do so. The FA seems to me to be the same sort of thing. Some people will make the sacrifice to get to the top spot because it's worth it to them, including using alt(s) specifically built to win the FA. Others of us, including myself, will be content with what I think is the real "1st place" somewhere between 4th and 10th. If you watch the progress of an FA, that's where the real competition seems to be.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You know what the scary part is? I believe her. Venice? Hmm
You have to like reading, so I’ve heard. :kp::kp::kp:

Now, before anybody gives me a hard time here, I could be wrong.
You are wrong.

And most do, I believe (could be wrong, but does it make sense that you play only every 6 weeks for a week and are absent the rest of the time becuse you set your city up for the FA only?).
Your FS rules/standards/expectations do not apply to other fellowships though. Some FS have no minimums and are casual free-for-alls so they prob wouldn’t care an account is only active every FA. @Lemon Wren just said she creates an FA city just to help her FS finish paths. Doesn’t sound like her FS mind.

Someone in one of my FS said they hit 150k+ to win FA in another world. It sounded like the FS just did a FA push like some do 19-chest tourney pushes. Most FS are simply not organized enough or not willing to commit to such collective shantytown madness. We have FA fanatics in our midst, but we ain’t got 25 of them so 150k+ is not in our realistic projection anytime soon. We will still compete and do random FA pushes though because it ain’t about what other FS are doing, but how we do in our own group effort. Even if we don’t win, I’m having fun pretending to convert all the FA haters in our midst. I am probably delusional, but at least many have said FAs are not that stressful in our group. I wouldn’t want a FS full of alts though. That means they are the same people and then they aren’t contributing anything more interesting to the conversation, which takes precedence above all else in current priorities of FS (besides stealing other people’s snacks).