• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA cities.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Whether a player makes an "FA only" city or not, is not the problem. It's that they do so against the rules IF they do it with an alt city.
This is not against the rules. Neither is swapping players around the Consortium for a big push. . . But if you ever swing first place the fellowships in 3-10 will call you(and all members) diamond spending cheater heads. Never depend on information provided by people who are simply spitting up sour grapes.

Except me. My sour grapes are valid.

Lemon Wren

Oh, my FA geared city isn't only active during FA's. This particular little casual, absolutely no minimum requirements FS needs all the help it can get so it gets played a few times a week, every week, with my primary there being touched up two or three times a day. So far it hasn't been an issue because it hasn't even reached tourney status yet, but when it does (and then spire), I'll be puzzling over how to maintain it's ability to remain FA focused, while also being able to at least help a little with tourney and spire. I'm sure it won't be very effective at tourney or spire, but, again, any little bit extra helps there and my main there is very good at both tourney and spire.

I feel like between the two cities I have a greater chance of helping this casual FS.

PS. At the risk of repeating myself - when 8 to 10 casuals (because not everyone in the FS even plays the FA) are excited to participate, but can't finish one path on the third map, it sucks. And while I realize everyone here is hard core (my main is, too, which is how my main city is in a top FS with Magic Pagan and Genefer), keeping part time casual players playing helps the game overall. More active cities = better.

Genefer

Can I play more than one account on the same world?​

Yes, in Elvenar you can play using as many accounts as you like, even if that is on the same world. Please do note that if you choose to play using multiple accounts, all of our game rules apply to each of the accounts, without exceptions.

Example: Even though playing with multiple accounts is allowed, it remains forbidden to create or use one or more account(s) as a "push-account" to benefit one or more other account(s).

7. Pushing
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points, etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.

It seems to me these FA cites are against the rules, because their singular purpose is "to benefit one or more other account(s)" and the resources are the badges.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So far it hasn't been an issue because it hasn't even reached tourney status yet, but when it does (and then spire), I'll be puzzling over how to maintain it's ability to remain FA focused, while also being able to at least help a little with tourney and spire. I'm sure it won't be very effective at tourney or spire, but, again, any little bit extra helps there and my main there is very good at both tourney and spire.
It’ll be fine. My little city is in chap 6 and catering so by default, it’s almost an FA city whether there is one or not. I just swap out my T2-T3s for T1s during FA. The only thing is you have to burn more teleports than your big brothers and sisters bc you need some to put those extra T1’s away after FA too.

Dew Spinner

Can I play more than one account on the same world?​

Yes, in Elvenar you can play using as many accounts as you like, even if that is on the same world. Please do note that if you choose to play using multiple accounts, all of our game rules apply to each of the accounts, without exceptions.

Example: Even though playing with multiple accounts is allowed, it remains forbidden to create or use one or more account(s) as a "push-account" to benefit one or more other account(s).

7. Pushing
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points, etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.

It seems to me these FA cites are against the rules, because their singular purpose is "to benefit one or more other account(s)" and the resources are the badges.
And then there is this...
  1. 5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

Myne

Oh Wise One
AHEM, all this gnashing of teeth and tearing of garments is useless. The game must first be economically viable before any great changes will be made. That's the bottom line from a business standpoint.
Given the shakeup within the company due to aforementioned economic woes, methinks it will be further down the road than we think due to new devs, new processes for suggestions, new community employees.
IMHO, our time would be better spent hammering out a sound alternative to the system we have in place, so when they do become open to some major changes, we will have something to give them.

Lemon Wren

The day Inno bans an account of mine for helping a casual 13 person FS that is ranked 259 (?) is the day that all of my cities become abandoned across every world, eventually turning into coin mines, and will mark the permanent end of my cash purchases in their diamond store.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Dew Spinner

Please quote Elvenar rules, your post is misleading.

@Genefer Inno has a very narrow definition of what constitutes a push account. They enforce rules based upon that definition. Spire/Tournament/FA cities do not qualify as push accounts.

If I had the time and patience I could literally fill an entire FS with me, myself and 23 little Irenes and not be breaking the "no push account" rule.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner

Please quote Elvenar rules, your post is misleading.

@Genefer Inno has a very narrow definition of what constitutes a push account. They enforce rules based upon that definition. Spire/Tournament/FA cities do not qualify as push accounts.

If I had the time and patience I could literally fill an entire FS with me, myself and 23 little Irenes and not be breaking the "no push account" rule.
That comes from the log in page of the Elvenar Game, can't be any more Elvenar than that! Below is everything on the log in page of Elvenar regarding accounts...

Art. 5 Accounts​

1. 5.1 As a user, you will receive a user account ("Account") together with your License Agreement. With this Account, you can change your data and manage the Games.
  2. 5.2 An Account can either be created by us on the games portal or on the relevant website of the Game or via a Mobile App downloaded to your end device.
  3. 5.3 An Account cannot be transferred without our express approval, whether this is subject to a fee or free of charge.
  4. 5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.
  5. 5.5 As User, you undertake to keep secret any login data, passwords and access data (jointly referred to as "Login Details") for your Account and to inform us without delay as soon as you become aware or suspect that unauthorized third parties gained knowledge of your Login Details. In such a case, you will change your data or have it changed by us. We also reserve the right to block your access temporarily. You will be permitted to use the Game(s) again as soon as we have eliminated the suspicion of any abuse of the Login Details either by you or by a third party.
  6. 5.6 If a third party uses an Account without authorization by gaining access to your Login Details where you are to blame, you are treated as if you had acted on your own.
  7. 5.7 Making use of another User's Account is prohibited unless the game rules specifically provide for this (e.g. "holiday replacement").
  8. 5.8 If we suspect that a third party has become aware of the Login Details, we are entitled, but not obliged, to change the Login Details or block the account without prior notice. We will notify you accordingly without delay and, on request, provide you with new Login Details within a reasonable deadline. Further claims by you as a result of the temporary blocking of your Account or change to your Login Details are excluded.
  9. 5.9 We are entitled to delete inactive Accounts according to the relevant game rules. In this case, the Licensing Agreement ends automatically.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Please go check announcement by anonglitch. That is easier than yet another endless debate by someone who just wants to stir the same pot over and over. To the best of my understanding these FA cities are not for the benefit of feeding resources to any other account so they are not out of bounds according to our moderators.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh, my FA geared city isn't only active during FA's. This particular little casual, absolutely no minimum requirements FS needs all the help it can get so it gets played a few times a week, every week, with my primary there being touched up two or three times a day. So far it hasn't been an issue because it hasn't even reached tourney status yet, but when it does (and then spire), I'll be puzzling over how to maintain it's ability to remain FA focused, while also being able to at least help a little with tourney and spire. I'm sure it won't be very effective at tourney or spire, but, again, any little bit extra helps there and my main there is very good at both tourney and spire.

I feel like between the two cities I have a greater chance of helping this casual FS.

PS. At the risk of repeating myself - when 8 to 10 casuals (because not everyone in the FS even plays the FA) are excited to participate, but can't finish one path on the third map, it sucks. And while I realize everyone here is hard core (my main is, too, which is how my main city is in a top FS with Magic Pagan and Genefer), keeping part time casual players playing helps the game overall. More active cities = better.
I have some advice. In my Win FS, we are casual play, sometimes have 6 of us working FA. And we've been finishing all 3 maps, sometimes hit top 100 even. But we just make badges and give our inventory, for 2 days or so. By that time we have a rough idea of our capability. We do one path each map, maybe a couple of extra waypoints on map1. We do about the same on 2, maybe even less extra than 1. Then we go right to 3, and really give her. We generally do green path all the way. I cannot stress this enough, many small FSs go orange and use up too many of the scarce badges on map 2.

Anyhow, we always pit on the last morning. :)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The argument in a nutshell -

Inno, I don't like the way other people are playing, fix it.

Some players love the FA. If they want to run 25 alts(omg!) to get first place in the FA, more power to them! Players are allowed to play their own cities however they want in this game. Archmages are allowed to run their fellowships as they deem best. Stop trying to dictate how other players should play.

Dew Spinner

The argument in a nutshell -

Inno, I don't like the way other people are playing, fix it.

Some players love the FA. If they want to run 25 alts(omg!) to get first place in the FA, more power to them! Players are allowed to play their own cities however they want in this game. Archmages are allowed to run their fellowships as they deem best. Stop trying to dictate how other players should play.
Except, rules are rules and the rules on the login page of the Elvenar Game state differently. I could care less about FA cities, I have a problem with Inno not following their own rules. Less than 1% of players even come to the Forum and even less than that check out the "game rules" section which means the majority of players go by the rules posted directly on the log in page. All Inno has to do is get their dodo together and make the wording match and this convo wouldn't pop up every other month...I would think everyone could get behind that!!!!! How hard would that be to do? 2 mins of typing!

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I play on mobile. I have never laid eyes upon the Elvenar login screen. Not once.

If I want to know the rules of the game I am playing I go to the rule section, in the game i am playing.
Elvenar_2023-06-19-16-59-51.jpg

Elvenar rules are really clear.

You are being deliberately misleading.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Therein lies the problem. I just did an unscientific survey of a dozen people in 2 age groups who play this and other games. I can’t seem to find anybody who actually bothers to read the rules. They and I tryout a game and either like it and continue to play or delete it. It seems to me there are general expectations of what is right or wrong in games and folks just go with that. Adding, that removes the motivation to stick a players nose in other players business so that is a plus ;)

Dew Spinner

I play on mobile. I have never laid eyes upon the Elvenar login screen. Not once.

If I want to know the rules of the game I am playing I go to the rule section, in the game i am playing.
View attachment 16046
Elvenar rules are really clear.

You are being deliberately misleading.
I posted the actual rules from the login screen from the actual game, you need to check the browser version, I didn't just make those rules up, out of thin air! Are you saying there are a 3rd set of rules on mobile?

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Inno makes the rules, can change them any time and can break them any time. This is not some government legislation that there's a legal obligation to follow them. So when Inno says it's fine, it's fine.

I have a city that only focuses on progress through chapters and growing big. I also have a small city that I only play when I'm bored. There are cities that only focus on tournament and there are also small cities that only focus on Spire to supply their main city with diamonds. All these cities are fine just as FA city is fine. And as long as anyone can do it, it's also fair.

Dew Spinner

Inno makes the rules, can change them any time and can break them any time. This is not some government legislation that there's a legal obligation to follow them. So when Inno says it's fine, it's fine.

I have a city that only focuses on progress through chapters and growing big. I also have a small city that I only play when I'm bored. There are cities that only focus on tournament and there are also small cities that only focus on Spire to supply their main city with diamonds. All these cities are fine just as FA city is fine. And as long as anyone can do it, it's also fair.
I'm sorry but there are legal liabilities to having rules in any business that are conflicting and/or not enforced, and/or only enforced on certain people/players.. I am not saying anyone would take things as far as going to court but if someone did Inno would lose.

Last edited: