• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA cities.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
As for swapping player around, The Consortium does not do that for FA's or most in-game activities.
???

So, you don't swap players around for the FA or most in-game activities. Except for a few weeks if the player wants to go for blueprints.

Why would you prohibit someone who wants gold from visiting for a few weeks? Why would you deny a FAnatic the ability to join which ever team is doing a big FA push? Honestly it seems like you just eliminated one of the best reasons to join a group of allied fellowships.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
But if you ever swing first place the fellowships in 3-10 will call you(and all members) diamond spending cheater heads. Never depend on information provided by people who are simply spitting up sour grapes.

I have no idea whether this has changed. Back when I was in 2 different top Fellowships who really went for top spots in the FA, it was no secret that in the last several minutes it was a credit card war that was actually planned for. In other words, it was 'don't spend to stay on top until the very end'. It was just a method of sandbagging. That being said, there is good reason for the perception that winning Fellowships spend big.

I'm thinking AJ is rethinking some of what has been said. If nobody thinks about information on the Forum then what is the point? I have to admit that I posted about my view of FA push accounts changing after I really thought about it. I'm thinking that is an admission that @Dew Spinner has some valid points but from the perspective of history rather than pounding on rules that are and have been interpreted as having multiple potential meanings.

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Wait, so ....
Spending money keeps the FA fair and preserves the integrity of the game, but maintaining FA cities crosses the line into cheating. lol

Inno gets to decide how they interpret their own rules, they have decided and they have spoken. They could change their minds tomorrow. Until inno changes how they interpret the rules, alts are not cheating and neither is spending money. You want it, go buy it, because of the FA cities, you might have to pay a bit more. I am sure that breaks Innos little heart.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Wait, so ....
Spending money keeps the FA fair and preserves the integrity of the game, but maintaining FA cities crosses the line into cheating. lol

Inno gets to decide how they interpret their own rules, they have decided and they have spoken. They could change their minds tomorrow. Until inno changes how they interpret the rules, alts are not cheating and neither is spending money. You want it, go buy it.

Technically, yes. Inno is a business that needs to generate revenue from all forms of events, including the FA. Beyond that, I'm not getting into a "Haves vs Have nots" debate. I was a single mother who worked through college with no handouts or loans so that I could pursue a career and be successful at it. I don't attend pity parties. In my opinion, Inno is going to cater to those who do not spend on the game until there is no game. I see zero reason to spend a dime on a lot of things I used to spend on since they have swung toward giving everything away now. That includes the FA. So, to reply to the alt subject, alts are allowed in this game. No doubt about that. They can actually increase Inno revenue if those willing and able to spend also spend on their alts. Push accounts are clearly not allowed. If nothing else, push accounts, including FA push accounts, are a way to circumvent the revenue stream from all of the ways that push accounts can be used to negate any benefit derived from spending money on the game.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Except they are not. There are some words that are supposed to define what a push account is, but then a lot of stuff that qualifies for it isn't considered pushing.
They also only get investigated if other players report alleged pushing, so players get away with it until caught. There was a FS on EN where the guy explicitly stated in the FS blurb to stop recruiting from his group bc his FS is one guy playing 25 accounts. We all read the blurb for a good laugh but nobody reported him, even though it was clear one main account was benefitting from all the feeders. If you need 25 accounts to artificially prop up your ego, have a go at it. It’s prob also in the company’s interest to allow alts to prop up numbers to report to shareholder overlords, even if none of those spend a dime. The valuation of companies that provide “free” or freemium products (Google, Meta, Twitter, etc) is still tied largely to total user base. You can sell that number to partners for ads, mailing lists, etc. My industry pairs companies together for licensing and you bet the total user number is displayed prominently in the factsheets if they apply.

Just keep the prizes for the FA as bad as they are and nobody needs to get overcompetitive.
It’s been said so many times that competitive groups don’t do FAs for the prizes. I especially don’t get the groups that are casual by nature and suddenly want to compete in FA. The current format let’s groups do as little (none) to as much as they want. If you don’t care much for FA, some minimal work will still get you that last artifact to finish up your evolve building if you do one path each stage and call it a day. The top groups get like a mediocre building, token time instants, and XP points. At this point in the game, some groups are already maxed or near maxed on all their perks anyway so it’s just timers and a meh building. If they are willing to destroy their cities for this, then why would you want to compete against this if you want to be casual? By definition, casual is not competitive so you might now get penalized for not performing well if the format changes to force FS to compete for better prizes. They’ll just find out it’s not about the size of a FS. Small cities can put up big numbers in tourney and Spire too. A bunch of capable small cities in a FS can still put up big numbers in FA so a casual group competing in a division by size will still get blown away by nature that they are not competitive by choice.

And as much as I am a FA fanatic, I know if FAs are tied to better prizes by ranking, I prob won’t have a FS anymore if we push hard in every FA bc my team will just burnout and prob quit Elvenar altogether. As far as I am concerned, if a FS can and want to push every FA for the prizes, bragging rights, because it’s their favoritest thing in the world, or sheer boredom, then kudos to them. The current format lets us throttle our efforts to our whims.

Katwick

Cartographer
So, to reply to the alt subject, alts are allowed in this game. No doubt about that. They can actually increase Inno revenue if those willing and able to spend also spend on their alts.
There's also the technical issue of "proving" that an account is an alt, rather than another family member or some such.

On the other hand, tracking the give/take balance for an account would be fairly easy to program. We already have an automatic balance lock on Ancient Wonders.

So maybe your daughter's 5th grade class has a FA club. How would InnoGames prove otherwise, and what's the harm in a strategy that's accessible to everyone??

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think people should be allowed to spend their own money in whatever way seems good to them.

I think people should be able to play their own cities and run their own fellowships in whatever way seems good to them.

Of course I agree and have regularly said people should mind their own business. The reason I have more concerns now, on this subject, is because when ads started I looked into this game as if I was a new player. In reviews, over & over, people complain that there is too much “cheating” in this game. I tried comparing this game to the other top Inno games and saw downloads of Elvenar don’t hold a candle to their top 2 games. I am honestly alarmed about the future of this game that I have enjoyed for so long.

Genefer

So, to reply to the alt subject, alts are allowed in this game. No doubt about that.

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

Please note: It is prohibited to have multiple accounts per game world.

I very much doubt multiple accounts in the same world are allowed in this game. I think they exist, only, because they are not reported.

I don't care about the FAs, and I only participate, because it is a Fellowship activity. I would much prefer to craft any missing artifacts I might need or purchase event currency if I really want the artifact or building piece. Nor do I care where the FS ranks in the FAs, but I do what I can for the FS.

However, as it is clearly stated TWICE multiple accounts on the same world is prohibited, so yes those that use them are cheating, - they are cheating Innogames out of the opportunity to sell their product.

Of course, purchasing badges, troop packs, currency, stashes, diamonds.... is not cheating. They are available to purchase to all players and more importantly, these purchases pay for the game to even exist.

The definition of cheating in a game - is an act of deception or fraud and is employed to create an unfair advantage - involves a player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, usually in order to make the game easier.

These false cities impact my placement on the map and cost me neighborly help opportunities, which is the foundation of my game strategy.

These false cities degrade the quality of the Elvenar game!

Genefer

That won't always get you the most coins. The culture boost from NH increases coins from all buildings, so you are getting more coins from residences, GA and other buildings that give coins. It's worth looking at the math.

Yes, I certainly want the Culture Polish. 24 Main Hall polishes does not even create 1 single coin badge.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don‘t know, nor do I care, which version of the ‘rules’ that came from. It has been clarified multiple times that alt accounts are allowed in Elvenar as long as they are not used as push accounts. I’m not even going to waste my time on a resolved issue that someone just wants to start an argument about.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I very much doubt multiple accounts in the same world are allowed in this game. I think they exist, only, because they are not reported.
Then you should do the responsible thing and report me in game. I have alts, easy to remember: iyapo1, iyapo2 and iyapo. My name starts with an i not an L. I am sure support will be more than happy to direct you away from the generic Inno TOS and tell you right where you can find Elvenar's TOS.

quin629

The last time this was rehashed on the Forum - which I think was in the last FA before this one - the CM ended the dispute by firmly stating that although the overall InnoGames rules provide for only 1 account per game world, the Elvenar-specific rules allow a player to have as many accounts as they wish on the same world so long as they are not "push accounts" (as defined by Inno as one account regularly giving significantly lopsided KP and/or production resources (goods) to another account). And the CM clarified that when there is a conflict between the generic Inno rules and the rules for a specific game, the specific game rules over-ride the generic rules.

In Elvenar, a player is allowed to have multiple accounts even if they have cities in the same world.

In Elvenar, FA-only cities are permitted. Elvenar does not consider them to be cheating.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
@Genefer As much as I understand and agree with you, there's only one game that tries to accommodate thousands of different players. They can't customise it to everyone's needs. All they can do is to try to make happy as many players as possible. And yes, there are drawbacks to allowing multiple accounts but there are also benefits. I'm sure that Inno analysed both and decided that it's easier to allow multiple accounts.
As much as it would be great for things to be perfect, they are not.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
???

So, you don't swap players around for the FA or most in-game activities. Except for a few weeks if the player wants to go for blueprints.

Why would you prohibit someone who wants gold from visiting for a few weeks? Why would you deny a FAnatic the ability to join which ever team is doing a big FA push? Honestly it seems like you just eliminated one of the best reasons to join a group of allied fellowships.
First, the intent of The Consortium has nothing to do with the in game competition. All we are after is making recruiting easier and making finding a fellowship that meets your needs easier. The "visit for blue prints" is there because we find there are a lot of players who are at the "not yet 10 chest" level who need a few once in a while. So we let them visit. The nature of that visit is between them and the AM's of the two fellowships. We have nothing to do with those sorts of decisions. Thus, an AM could stack their FS for some reason, but, again, that's not in our control or something we would encourage or discourage. We are not Starfleet. If we were, we might try try to assert a bit more control, but we are not. And yes, yes, our group could start manipulating our rosters to get the highest this or that, but, so far, we don't, and so far, that's not the purpose of The Consortium. And I don't think Avocados, the one who started The Consortium, would ever encourage such control/roster manipulation.

Second, to reiterate, our purpose is to lighten the recruiting load on those doing recruiting by having a bunch of options for both the recruiter and the one being recruited. An active player is an active player and every active player should have an active fellowship in which to play at his/her level and style. In my opinion, it's a win-win and reduces, overall, the amount of time you spend recruiting because you have 9 or 10 other recruiters looking for all of you.

And, third. As you can see, we haven't eliminated "one of the best reasons to join a group of allied fellowships" exactly because those in the alliance are free to do as they wish with the other members or any other fellowships. We don't make that kind of decisions for any AM. We are a consortium not a federation, though the distinction may be unclear to many.

AJ

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@ajqtrz

I am not an Archmage, so my perspective is that of an inconsistent player. I am not knocking the benefits of the Consortium. I just really like being able to "up my game" on occasion in a competitive fs, and then "ease up" in a more relaxed fs. In my opinion, that is the biggest draw to joining a fellowship group, the flexibility that it provides to me as an individual player.

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Blah, blah, blah. I don't know what game you want to play, but we're playing Elvenar. The Fellowship adventure is part of the game. Why would they provide teleport spells if they don't expect us to teleport buildings away temporarily?
Coming from one that loves fa and builds shanty towns. I also use teleports to temporarily make room for something to get me through a chapter quicker or to unlock a tech quicker but don't want to lose it bc will need it and bring it back out after I'm done with the goal.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I put out extra seed producers, or a huge farm of Vallorian Valors, Bumblebee Stables or such, secure in the knowledge that I can always restore them to inventory - probably due to an FA ;)