• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA cities.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Teamwork improves player retention. I think if you consider it from the developers' point of view, the whole point of the FA is to encourage full-size fellowships, not to just give away stuff to anyone who participates.

I think 1 path each for a small fellowship is very doable. If they are new, they might need some shantytown guidance. If everyone tries to do FA with their normal city setup, then it will def be very hard. But even just squeezing some little T1s and workshops in nooks and crannies will go a long way. @Nectar of the Gods said her super casual FS of 11 has finished all 3 maps.

The main thing is the desire, and if that’s already there, you’ve won about 2/3 of the battle before you even start. :)

These statements are all VERY true. What @MaidenFair said is THE most important aspect of the FA. If you have folks who just don't care, you are doomed in the competition. How do you light a fire under them? I don't know. I struggle with a few of them myself. If someone has an idea or answer I am open.

Edited to say: I have some players who struggle with it. I am not struggling with it because I am a fan of FA. It is a team building exercise for sure.

Dew Spinner

These statements are all VERY true. What @MaidenFair said is THE most important aspect of the FA. If you have folks who just don't care, you are doomed in the competition. How do you light a fire under them? I don't know. I struggle with a few of them myself. If someone has an idea or answer I am open.

Edited to say: I have some players who struggle with it. I am not struggling with it because I am a fan of FA. It is a team building exercise for sure.
If you are looking for FA players then your FS Overview should not say FA is optional, once that is in your FS Overview whoever wants can just relax during a FA. I don't know what your FS's Overview says but if you are looking for gung ho FA players then your FS Overview should state that but get ready for recruitment to get a whole lot harder!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@ajqtrz

I am not an Archmage, so my perspective is that of an inconsistent player. I am not knocking the benefits of the Consortium. I just really like being able to "up my game" on occasion in a competitive fs, and then "ease up" in a more relaxed fs. In my opinion, that is the biggest draw to joining a fellowship group, the flexibility that it provides to me as an individual player.
Wouldn't it be easier to move around if you knew there which fellowships played at what level and would take you in because you were a member of their "club" already? I think of it as those "workout anytime" gyms where you can go any time you want to any of them to do whatever it is you wish to do. If you want to swim, of course, you have to go to one with a swimming pool. If you want to run the track, ditto...can't go to one that doesn't have a track. But, the thing is, you have a membership and can go to whichever you want today, and the next tomorrow. We're just making it easier to find the right "gym" that takes your membership without question.

AJ

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@ajqtrz

Wouldn't it be easier to move around if you knew there which fellowships played at what level and would take you in because you were a member of their "club" already?
Yes, but you said this:
As for swapping player around, The Consortium does not do that for FA's or most in-game activities.
Which implies that you dont allow that, maybe you just dont encourage it? I think we are having a communication difficulty.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@ajqtrz

Yes, but you said this:

Which implies that you dont allow that, maybe you just dont encourage it? I think we are having a communication difficulty.
The Consortium does not do the swapping, if any occurs it's up to the individual players and AM's. We only provide a group of fellowships who are committed to providing and advertising openings in each of our fellowships. Who moves in to fill those positions, and for what reason, isn't part of our call. We provide the part about knowing which fellowships play at what level, the AM's and individual players make all the decisions about who goes where. At this point we only get maybe one move per week and I don't expect it to go up much because we don't encourage or discourage the stacking of fellowships for this or any purpose. I do expect that if the general player base begins to accept the stacking of fellowships for this or that purpose we will see more moves, but that's because it will just be reflecting the general change in the game and we don't tell our member fellowships how to run their operations, we will probably reflect that change. Again, it's not our job to control who goes where or for what reason, but to only let our AM's know where the spaces are, help to fill them for each other, and if the AM's want, they can let their fs's know where the openings are.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@ajqtrz

Yes, but you said this:

The difficulty might be the tendency of human beings to read "most" as "all." Swapping over to get a blueprint is one activity out of several things you might want to swap fellowships for. I could say: You can't swap for FA, you can't swap just to trade some goods, you can't swap to to do better in an event, but you can swap for an occasional Tournament or Spire." and legitimately say that means you can't swap for most in game activities as we are only allowing 2/5.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I put out extra seed producers, or a huge farm of Vallorian Valors, Bumblebee Stables or such, secure in the knowledge that I can always restore them to inventory - probably due to an FA ;)
Another example of why the game is different for those with lots of Moonstone sets. I consider anything I can craft to be disposable and would never waste a teleport on them. Currently have in inventory 27 VVs (from the current chapter, and 20 from the previous chapter which Will be scraps eventually.).

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol sure, but, I have hundreds of teleports, and I'm talking like 20 VVs.
(Darn Elven cities, they do use up the little devils fairly quickly :rolleyes:)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Wouldn't it be easier to move around if you knew there which fellowships played at what level and would take you in because you were a member of their "club" already? I think of it as those "workout anytime" gyms where you can go any time you want to any of them to do whatever it is you wish to do. If you want to swim, of course, you have to go to one with a swimming pool. If you want to run the track, ditto...can't go to one that doesn't have a track. But, the thing is, you have a membership and can go to whichever you want today, and the next tomorrow. We're just making it easier to find the right "gym" that takes your membership without question.

AJ
I think that goes back to the discussion of how to "rate" a fellowship so folks get an idea of what is expected. We had a discussion on that months ago, and never really came to an agreement on how to do it. I think at that time it had to do with recruitment.

herpelhode

Coming from one that loves fa and builds shanty towns. I also use teleports to temporarily make room for something to get me through a chapter quicker or to unlock a tech quicker but don't want to lose it bc will need it and bring it back out after I'm done with the goal.
Teleport spells are also useful for making more open space to facilitate rearrangement of a city. Doing the piano mover problem with a low percentage of free space was quite irksome, even with Elven Architect to help.