• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA cities.

Dew Spinner

There is no need for everyone who has FA alt cities to start the dog pile on me. All I did was post the actual rules listed on the log in page of Elvenar, be mad at Inno!

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I posted the actual rules from the login screen from the actual game, you need to check the browser version, I didn't just make those rules up, out of thin air! Are you saying there are a 3rd set of rules on mobile?
No, I am saying that you are deliberately quoting InnoGames generic boilerplate like it is the final word.

Inno games is the final word, in Elvenar Inno games said alts are great as long as they are not pushing.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

No, I am saying that you are deliberately quoting InnoGames generic boilerplate like it is the final word.

Inno games is the final word and in Elvenar, Inno games said alts are great as long as they are not pushing.
Stop trolling me, I only posted the rules that are listed on the login page of the Elvenar Game that were written by Inno.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the FA should adjust to the size of the fellowship - just like coin, bracelet, and guard badges are adjusted to the city's chapter.
If a fellowship of two can finish the adventures as easily as a fellowship of 25, what's the point of it? That would just be "participation adventures" not "fellowship adventures"

Teamwork improves player retention. I think if you consider it from the developers' point of view, the whole point of the FA is to encourage full-size fellowships, not to just give away stuff to anyone who participates.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm sorry but there are legal liabilities to having rules in any business that are conflicting and/or not enforced, and/or only enforced on certain people/players.. I am not saying anyone would take things as far as going to court but if someone did Inno would lose.
They might lose. If it ever happened. But in the meantime (i.e., until that happens), how they have said they interpret their own rules is how they interpret their own rules. Until a time comes when they take action against someone for having two accounts on one server and that person takes them to court, the letter of the login page is less relevant than how they have said they intend to enforce their rules.

Lemon Wren

I have some advice. In my Win FS, we are casual play, sometimes have 6 of us working FA. And we've been finishing all 3 maps, sometimes hit top 100 even. But we just make badges and give our inventory, for 2 days or so. By that time we have a rough idea of our capability. We do one path each map, maybe a couple of extra waypoints on map1. We do about the same on 2, maybe even less extra than 1. Then we go right to 3, and really give her. We generally do green path all the way. I cannot stress this enough, many small FSs go orange and use up too many of the scarce badges on map 2.

Anyhow, we always pit on the last morning. :)
You're right! The woman who was AM when I started there always had us do orange and I've just continued to tell people that. So green instead then.

Thanks for the help! The irony is that, of course, I don't really like the FA, haha. It's the one thing this little FS wants to do, however, so I'm just trying to make it more fun, while also avoiding all the planning stuff that we all hate like spreadsheets and countdown threads, etc. lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thanks for the help! The irony is that, of course, I don't really like the FA, haha. It's the one thing this little FS wants to do, however, so I'm just trying to make it more fun, while also avoiding all the planning stuff that we all hate like spreadsheets and countdown threads, etc. lol
The irony is the more successful you are at FA, the less planning and stress there is.

crackie

Well then I guess there's hope for us there, lol. :D
I think 1 path each for a small fellowship is very doable. If they are new, they might need some shantytown guidance. If everyone tries to do FA with their normal city setup, then it will def be very hard. But even just squeezing some little T1s and workshops in nooks and crannies will go a long way. @Nectar of the Gods said her super casual FS of 11 has finished all 3 maps.

Lemon Wren

I think 1 path each for a small fellowship is very doable. If they are new, they might need some shantytown guidance. If everyone tries to do FA with their normal city setup, then it will def be very hard. But even just squeezing some little T1s and workshops in nooks and crannies will go a long way. @Nectar of the Gods said her super casual FS of 11 has finished all 3 maps.

Thanks yeah, good point on the tips about squeezing in workshops and T1's. I'll add that to my general message that includes building marble T1's to save on space regardless of boosts, switching the neighborly ask to MAIN HALL, etc.

crackie

includes building marble T1's to save on space regardless of boosts
*gasp* HUMAN player detected!
I was embedding incognito in a newbie fellowship (all fresh new cities as recommended by Inno) to see what's going on with the new early chap changes. To stay incognito, I didn't say anything and let everyone be, but will answer a question or two if someone asks. Most of the people had no idea what is going on as it was their first FA, including the AM, so there was no pre-FA shantytowns to knock out some statues and necklaces. I would say half the fellowship was into doing their own thing and were in a FS in name only. A quarter was already idled out to black triangle status, which left only another quarter that was actively trying to do FA. We only made it through one path on one map. There was no leadership since the AM is also new to the game and had no idea how FA operated. Not knocking her as everyone has to start somewhere, but yeah, FAs are going to be really hard if Inno keeps pushing new cities into these kind of blind leading the blind FS scenarios. Also think it's not great for retention when everyone starts idling out and nobody is the wiser that the FS has turned into a morgue. The FS that do well are at least playing as a united front under the same banner and less like 25 randos that randomly got herded together. I think if your FS wants to do FA, then there is definitely hope that there is communion and willingness to play together.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Well then I guess there's hope for us there, lol. :D
I was in a fellowship of two, both of us only chapter 6 cities, neither FA-lovers, and we managed to finish one path through the first two maps. If either of us had had a barracks, we would have had a decent amount of the last map too, lol. You can do it! The main thing is the desire, and if that’s already there, you’ve won about 2/3 of the battle before you even start. :)

Genefer

So, it is within the rules for me to create 24 alt accounts, advance them a few chapters and earns some map expansions, and then add all 24 alts to a FS created with my real city to churn out enough badges to acquire artifacts or building pieces I failed to acquire during an Event?

Is this strategy monetarily beneficial to Innogames? This negates the purchase of badge bundles, troop unit packages, and by extension diamonds/currency/and the stash outpost building. What motivation does a player have to purchase currency, diamonds, and/or the stash ... when they can acquire the 1 or 2 artifacts by creating accounts for the singular purpose of benefitting the players active city in an FA?

With an FA - that alternative account decreases the opportunity for Inno to sell packages to every member of Fellowship that uses false cities to increase badge production.

When you consider the depth and breadth of the monetary loss of opportunity caused by FA cities is it reasonable to actually believe Inno's sole concern is standard Goods and Ancient Wonders?

Players do not make purchases unless there is something they want - without a challenge to acquire what we want no one would ever make a purchase.

Also, these FA cities are GOLDMINES with a pretty face occupying position on the map contributing the relegation of my city into desolation.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You're right! The woman who was AM when I started there always had us do orange and I've just continued to tell people that. So green instead then.

Also. We have an easy system for badge reporting that uses the square badge collection system, like this:
3 2 6 12 = 3 8 10 6 = 8 8 10 2 = 3 6 10 10
Each = represents the end of a line in the square. It's easy to report and fairly easy to line up and total. It requires minimal effort. If you have folks relying on the mobile drop down menu, just tell them to go across and down, like reading a book.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
So, it is within the rules for me to create 24 alt accounts, advance them a few chapters and earns some map expansions, and then add all 24 alts to a FS created with my real city to churn out enough badges to acquire artifacts or building pieces I failed to acquire during an Event?

@Genefer This is in no way directed toward you!! You just posted the scenario that I wanted to reference.

Way back when, this was what push accounts were doing. They would make entire Fellowships, level them up to I think it was chapter 4 and feed all of the KP from 10 chest tournaments to their 'real' top ranked city. I remember somebody on the forum explaining it to me and pointing out a couple of top ranked cities on my world who were doing that. Sure enough, when I looked into it there were some who actually had even more than one of those push Fellowships. It was very disappointing because I actually liked and respected a couple of those players. Not so much after I realized what they were doing. Contrary to what some folks here believe, I heard speculation and suspected myself that when one by one, over time when those players were here one day and gone the next that Inno had shut them down. Of course, nobody from Inno would have ever commented on that. There was a moderator who did indicate that game wide there have been players with their definition of push accounts booted from the game. I do not doubt that!

My point is that this is a cautionary tale to be careful with this approach to the FA. It appeared that those push account players were "getting away with it" until they weren't anymore. They may not have been directly hurting anybody else in their opinion but frankly they were hurting the integrity of the game and eliminating any fair chance to be overtaken by other competitive players. I am talking about big spenders who had 'blue' cities before there was any way to get magic buildings except to buy them so spending $ was not a guarantee of immunity. It makes me wonder if the time will come that steps are taken to shut down the FA push cities to make or keep the FA competitive. I mean, why would anybody buy badges when they know it can be done by others by bending (currently, apparently not breaking) the rules as they are interpreted now?

Adding, the one time my little FS placed 6th it was done by storing buildings and building shanty towns in existing active cities. I had no idea that FA push cities were even a thing.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
This is not against the rules. Neither is swapping players around the Consortium for a big push. . . But if you ever swing first place the fellowships in 3-10 will call you(and all members) diamond spending cheater heads. Never depend on information provided by people who are simply spitting up sour grapes.

Except me. My sour grapes are valid.
As for swapping player around, The Consortium does not do that for FA's or most in-game activities. We do allow players to go to this or that fs in our group for a couple week visits...generally to get to know the other players and sometimes to earn a coulpl blue prints if they are in a fs that doesn't do 10 chests. But mostly, if a player finds his/her style or commitment to playing changing, the beauty of The Consortium is that they have immediate options. Want to slow down for a bit? You just ask to be moved to a slower fellowship. Want to try your hand at a more intense playing style? If you meet the fs's requirements, you can. The point of The Consortium is not to rig the game in their favor, it's to rig recruiting so that it's just easier on everybody! We get better player retention, and when our recruiters make contact with a potential member, that potential member has more choices. It's really a win-win.

As for the Alts, you are right that they are allowed. Or at least that's what I found one of the CM's stating in a forum post I found. Pushing is not allowed by those alts, though, and perhaps, that's the reason I was confused. Thanks for reminding me to do my homework more completely before I say something stupid (again).

AJ