• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Parking city before guest races

Smooper

I have a baby city that is going through ch. 5 right now. I will park it after this to concentrate on my main city and to test the abilities of my baby city in tournament and Spire. It is an elf city and I am leaning toward military solutions. I have 3 armories to keep the troops flowing. Compared to my human city the mage and HM slots are pretty weak. Maybe Vallorian Valor buildings will help with HM but not sure what to do about those Blossom Mages. They are ok but get beat up pretty easy. I am looking to get a Fire Phoenix for sure but I am waiting until I join a blueprint fellowship or my current fellowship becomes blueprint capable (we are close).

What buildings, strategies, tips would you suggest for maximizing potential of a small city in the tournament and Spire. I am willing to remove lots of buildings and replace with others more suitable when the time comes.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Compared to my human city the mage and HM slots are pretty weak.
I might have been offended, but good thing Buddy doesn't come along until Chap 7 so I know you're not talking about her.

not sure what to do about those Blossom Mages. They are ok but get beat up pretty easy.
Confused. You don't get Merc Camp til Chap 7 too to be able to train Blossoms. Are you just getting Blossoms from other side buildings? In which case, that can't be enough to depend on...

What buildings, strategies, tips would you suggest for maximizing potential of a small city in the tournament and Spire. I am willing to remove lots of buildings and replace with others more suitable when the time comes.
Cater. :D The problem with early game is not being able to make enough troops back in time for next week and you're just not going to have enough space to put down enough armories to start covering overnight production to replace all the dead soldiers. Each armory is 4x4 for a chap 5 city, which is a lot of space. My baby city is in Chap 7 now and I'm only starting to fight the Lab only because I finally got a Bulwark down. I'm still catering everything else. This is the first week it's able to do 20 provinces in tourney, but I was prob avg 15-18 before that. My Needles is already almost maxed out pre-sentients so my barracks is already almost churning out max troops as it can. I already have a maxed out Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear, but I'm not even feeding them yet. My strategy is to save the bulk of my troops for when I get to around Orcs chapter because by then, my Bulwark will have enough upgrades for me to make enough troops to fight tourney too. But I might get there sooner while still in Fairies because I'm in a wonder society FS so my Bulwark is getting built quicker than my first 2 cities at the same stage. I'd rather send the troops to their deaths with the backing of a Fire Phoenix and buff buildings and I'm not even using any yet. Personally, I don't even think it's worth feeding Fire Phoenix unless you're doing over 20 provinces, and you're just not going to have that many open provinces early game either. I think that means being able to clear Orc wall too, so that's usually Orc chapter for my pacing.

Smooper

I meant sorceress and not blossom mages. I know they turn it Bud Sorceress and that's plant life and so confused them with Blossom Mages.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have found the troop event buildings can be decent at giving you the ability to fight some fights. But generally I would also cater the majority of encounters. How many expansions do you have? plan? I am curious how big an impact that might have on a small towns success.

With the old ch3 towns 9-12 expansions was insanely powerful, unsure now on a good size.

Smooper

I have bought a few expansion with diamonds and there are 6 available in chapt. 5. Right now I have 15 tech expansions. Elvenar says I have 34 expansions. I will have to teleport my armories and increase my goods. Wondering if workshops (how many) will be necessary.

Smooper

Also wondering if I am using catering/negotiating should I use manufacturing enchantments as often as possible?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Also wondering if I am using catering/negotiating should I use manufacturing enchantments as often as possible?
If you're catering, try picking the provinces (in tourney) that give you MM spells or at least Power of Provision. Yes, I would definitely use them (mms) to build up goods.

I catered through the first 10 chapters (and still cater some of the time). The troops are just too weak in early chapters. If you really want to be a fighter, you'd need at least double that amount of armories. But even then, you'd still need 5 day military buildings from the MA. Catering is easier in the early chapters, but you need a good supply of goods, so you'll have to build lots of factories. At one time I had 15 planks. (and I still have 6 in chapter 18, which the fighters definitely scoff at. My team could use them and as I said, I still cater.) Of course, don't build anything but boosts (I know you already know that; you've been on the forum long enough, but I just thought I'd mention it in case others are reading this).

Fighting after chapter 10, with enough armories, definitely gets easier. Good luck.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Wondering if workshops (how many) will be necessary.
Not a lot if any. Pre guest race towns earn 50% supply instants from spire instead of portal profits. Those will cover most if not all of your supply needs. My ch5 town has no ws, only hassle is quests so I occasionally drop a lvl 1 ws on occasion.

If your parked looked for evolving buildings that offer a decent amount of goods, racoon was rather good, I think panda bear when levelled is decent for T2. Can often be some event buildings that will get you decent goods also reducing the demand on your supplies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Even though it means dealing with some of the guest races, if you want to park and fight, you would be better off getting to the end of chapter 8, because that is when all 5 of your barracks troops will be 3 stars. For an elf city, that is helpful, since their barracks heavy ranged is so much better than the one for human cities.

Smooper

If I am going the catering route I could keep just one armory, the barracks and move the mercenary camp and other 2 armories to storage. I could also get rid of maybe 6 workshops. My needles could go away also. Not sure what the good AW are besides Golden Abyss at this stage of the game. I would always get the martial AW.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A small town I am developing currently. Recently added some armouries to see how I go with some basic troops. The orc strat and vallorian vallor buildings provide some nice troops. Unsure what T3 production town will need so may balance between that and armouries as I dont think I will get the qty's needed.

Wonder wise the GA is providing 1858 population so not really a must have, gold is nice and one option could be to teleport out a lot of residence and put in more event buildings, relying on gold from GA and instants. MM could be interesting as HM would benefit from that wonder and seems to be one of my stronger troop options.

1690496150641.png

1690496468397.png

Dew Spinner

If I am going the catering route I could keep just one armory, the barracks and move the mercenary camp and other 2 armories to storage. I could also get rid of maybe 6 workshops. My needles could go away also. Not sure what the good AW are besides Golden Abyss at this stage of the game. I would always get the martial AW.
The Mercenary camp can't be teleported.

Darielle

Golden Abyss at my stage of game at lvl16 is worth twice as many points as a residence at that chapter, so I think Golden Abyss is worth the space.
The Golden Abyss is the best wonder bang for the buck, in my opinion, and it only gets better and better the more you level it. Even in Chapter 18, I love it and there's never been a chapter when I didn't love it.

Darielle

By the way, once you get to Chapter 7, you really should build Prosperity Towers. It helped me tremendously in early chapters to never run out of supplies, and I still love that one for buying goods from the wholesaler.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Smooper
Check out the production numbers on the grand prize buildings for this event. The small buildings are really decent goods producers in chapter 5, even with only 2 link bonuses. The building @260(skyfin rodeo) is also worth a look (more because it will give you a three link bonus on the little guys). It is not so bad with only a three link bonus.

Rumor has it that the big buildings of the set will be offered(sorcery) in the FA, so even if you don't hit 260 in the event you can get the goods producer.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have bought a few expansion with diamonds and there are 6 available in chapt. 5. Right now I have 15 tech expansions. Elvenar says I have 34 expansions. I will have to teleport my armories and increase my goods. Wondering if workshops (how many) will be necessary.
How long are you parking? I would still keep producing troops if you plan to eventually keep going again. And all the Sorceress you don't use, you can wait til they get promotions, which I guess is also true for all the other troops as well. Kinda what I'm doing. Saving them for when I can fight for real.

Last edited:

Rusty01

I have a Chapter 5 city that I have played around with. It both fights and caters and includes four evolving buildings and the library set. I have 15 unplaced expansions (which I think helps with the Spire!). Level 26 Abyss provides 2310 population. Tops the Spire with ease which is where I got the Magic Buildings, all from the gatekeepers and diamond winnings.

My barracks empties in 4 hours. I notice you have the needles AW. I would sell it, especially if you plan to cater. My city has been static for a while. If I redesign and add an AW, it will be the Sanctuary/MM as Mykan pointed out. I think that would be an interesting addition as I could teleport five residences out for space.

1690518850790.png