• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Version 1.181

Dhurrin

For those willing to shell out the bucks at regular prices it's a way of thanking them for their support to occasionally offer them a sale. A customer appreciation sale. Taking those who are willing to spend money for granted can be dangerous.
No, I don't think so. I have bought diamonds in the past. I have bought premium expansions. I have bought magical workshops and magical residences way before they could be earned in the Spire. I have bought some of the royal prize passes in events.
And before that I was a pretty big spender. On multiple servers in multiple countries. Yet I have NEVER seen a 200% offer. Not ever, anywhere. Even the 100% offer only twice in all those years.

My guess is they know very well who buys stuff regularly, so those people do NOT get such offers, as they have proven to buy stuff at times anyway. No, the 100% and 200% extra diamonds seem -from my observations in different FSs on different servers- to be reserved for those who hardly ever or never bought anything, as a way of tempting them.
Maybe if regular players take a break for a couple of months they can get such an offer as a way to entice them back into the game.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
A company doing well does not automatically mean it's products or service are great.

A product is a compromise between quality and cost. It's still better to have not "perfect" product (subject to opinion) than no game at all. There is so much more to running a company than just focusing on the best product possible, it's also about cost and revenue. When there's no profit, there's no product/game. As long as there's profit, they are doing well and will survive.

I am not saying the game isn't good, it is. But almost every aspect of Inno's 'balancing' stuff in Elvenar has led to pretty significant issues and pretty significant numbers of players either quitting or taking a break because their 'balancing' generally sucks.

I don't really want to comment on something that I don't know much about. I don't have access to game data, what works the best, what makes the most money, what keeps people in the game etc. Only Inno knows. All I can do is to offer feedback and leave it up to them to make decisions that will make a lasting game. I'm definitely don't know things better than they do.

I just read about not seeing an Ad for Elvenar, Strange as it may seem, I saw an Ad on the internet 2 days ago. That was the first time I ever saw an ad for this game. I almost missed it since it was in the middle of the page.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You confuse different things. A company doing well does not automatically mean it's products or service are great. You only have to look at the F35 for that and there is a list as long as the Great Wall of China with other examples.
The problem with the F-35 was that there were 3 different variants of it: There was the navy version designed to replace the F-18, there was the Marine Corps version designed to replace the Harrier, and there was the Air Force version designed to replace both the F-16 and F-15. If you took the total amount of money spent on the F-35 but divided it in 3 different airplane projects, I don't think it would be controversial. There were also software issues and engine problems with it earlier in it career, but those are mostly solved. Honestly, it looks like the F-35 is going to turn out to be a good plane at this point.

Count Rupert

No, I don't think so. I have bought diamonds in the past. I have bought premium expansions. I have bought magical workshops and magical residences way before they could be earned in the Spire. I have bought some of the royal prize passes in events.
And before that I was a pretty big spender. On multiple servers in multiple countries. Yet I have NEVER seen a 200% offer. Not ever, anywhere. Even the 100% offer only twice in all those years.

My guess is they know very well who buys stuff regularly, so those people do NOT get such offers, as they have proven to buy stuff at times anyway. No, the 100% and 200% extra diamonds seem -from my observations in different FSs on different servers- to be reserved for those who hardly ever or never bought anything, as a way of tempting them.
Maybe if regular players take a break for a couple of months they can get such an offer as a way to entice them back into the game.
Well, we'll never really know but there's a reason behind the moves Inno has made recently to increase income. I know I'm not spending what I once was. Spending regularly doesn't mean it's at the same levels as before. No doubt there has been attrition among the ranks for those who spend money. Generally players just disappear so there's no way of knowing why any of them are no longer here. If the spending I hear that goes on to get one of the trophies in FAs is true it might better if there were items that could only be obtained by spending money.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The claims that having bought diamonds for full-price makes you ineligible for a sale is false; I just saw a 200% diamond offer a week or so ago in my Fely city (the one I've been playing for years) and I have bought diamonds in that one multiple times, both on sale and not. In fact, the largest purchase I made was a full-price one to get enough diamonds to buy the Garden Party for 6500. IIRC, that was the $80USD bundle.
Do you remember if your very first purchase was a sale or regular? If it was regular then I could be wrong, but I have talked to other players who, like me, believe it's the "first" purchase you make that counts on whether you will get offers or not.

Flashfyre

@Darielle No, I can't remember if the first one was a sale or not. And, what exactly qualifies as a sale? Because the everyday offers have bonus diamonds in them as well; does that make them "on sale", or is it just those "Special Offer" popups that meet the criteria?

StarLoad

I know my first purchase was the Builder offer, and I have always got the 200% offers as well as 20%, 50% and 100%

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
1692547085418.png

Well baby crack got one of them Phoenix artifact for Pet Food recipes and I choked on my water from laughing so hard. Seriously, 2500 spell frags ON TOP of an artifact? An artifact = 3BP + 10000 frags, or 900 diamonds + 10000 frags. So this Pet Food is 900 diamonds and 12500 frags (300 diamonds and 4167 frags per Pet Food). HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
300 diamonds and 4167 spell frags for one! Excellent deal! I feel like MA is turning to the trader where you’re now trying to avoid 1-star clickbait trade listings. Hooray!

If I recall correctly, a normal petfood recipe was 5000 spell fragments (which a combining catalyst is now added to), and gave 7? vision vapor. So if a blueprint is valued the same as a CC I suppose the math checks out. But it is a lot easier to get a CC than it is a blueprint. I would gladly sell some of my CCs for 300 diamonds each.

Glandeh

If I recall correctly, a normal petfood recipe was 5000 spell fragments (which a combining catalyst is now added to), and gave 7? vision vapor. So if a blueprint is valued the same as a CC I suppose the math checks out. But it is a lot easier to get a CC than it is a blueprint. I would gladly sell some of my CCs for 300 diamonds each.
The petfood for frags was 1650 frags. I still prefer the ones for CC+releics even now the cost in CC is up.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Nope. On Beta, I have less than half the evolving buildings in my city and the ones I do not have regularly show up in crafting. All bases that have had artifacts offered in the Spire stay in the rotation.
Have you seen the Gingerbread Mansion? I've not seen it in years, even though I've seen the artifacts.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
So far I crafted three Heavy Melee Shrines, that's not bad. I might start keeping a track of how many military boost buildings I get in a week, just out interest. Let's see how that goes.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The petfood for frags was 1650 frags. I still prefer the ones for CC+releics even now the cost in CC is up.
That's right. It was the 8 CCs that were valued at 5000. Which is 625 spell fragments each. 1650 + 625 still is cheaper in spell fragments than a single pet food is in the artifact requiring recipe.

Dhurrin

The problem with the F-35 was that there were 3 different variants of it: There was the navy version designed to replace the F-18, there was the Marine Corps version designed to replace the Harrier, and there was the Air Force version designed to replace both the F-16 and F-15. If you took the total amount of money spent on the F-35 but divided it in 3 different airplane projects, I don't think it would be controversial. There were also software issues and engine problems with it earlier in it career, but those are mostly solved. Honestly, it looks like the F-35 is going to turn out to be a good plane at this point.
I would love to discuss that topic with you. But not here, as I don't want to pollute the forum with politics, but the F35 is a disaster. If you are interested in discussing this topic, we can mail, or direct message here on the forum or get to another platform

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Serious downsizing, and having to lay off 75 out of 400 employees in a single year does not sound like the most successful gaming company, unless that is the definition of success nowadays ... lean and mean. I prefer the old way of doing business, where employees were thought of as family and, once you hired them, you did everything you could to avoid laying them off. In those days, you didn't hire someone unless you thought you could keep them. Nowadays employees are just treated as contract workers even if they are supposed to be regular. Keep them and use them, and then discard them when needed for the bottom line. I do agree that Inno has done more than the minimum, legally, for their employees, and allowed them a transition time with reduced salary. Some companies will not do that so I'm not entirely upset with them. But it was still a shock to quite a few of those 75 employees, and I don't consider that a truly successful company. Just my humble opinion.

And then the reality kicked in, having a job is much better than having no job at all when the company crumbles. Nobody has it easy at this moment. It's all about choices and survival. We can either focus on the horrible things or focus on the good things and enjoy the gifts we have been given and grow them. :)

Last edited:
Did INNO decide to change again how one receives PET FOOD? After being here last night, I saw the change as originally written. Under new changes, Today it is back to like it was before, I did notice the diamonds are no longer in the chest. Will this be the way it will be or--- are we in for more changes ??