• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter 21 - The Vallorian Legend

Dhurrin

Has anyone talked at all about how tremendous the Cauldron ability, Settlement Goods Boost, is for making extra goods in the two buildings? I have it at level 78, because I planned in advance for this chapter, and when adding fragments and getting a critical success, I got a 58% boost that lasted for almost 60 hours. Even if is only a percent of the regular production, it helps a lot.
Hmmm...interesting. I have all my cauldron recipes at 65 or over, but didn't realize that particular one had such a long-lasting effect. I'll have to look into that

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am a little disappointed by the 4 star promotion to Granite Golem. Even after the promotion, they are still inferior in almost every way to the 4 star Orc Strats. Both have the same movement and the same range. However the Orc Strats have higher overall attack values, higher health, and the strikeback ability. I can't think of many situations where it is not better to just use Orc Strats.

Smooper

I think the deciding factor is do you want to pay the orc cost to get strats. I personally don't like crafting them that often and have a few Grounds buildings placed to get them.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Ch21 done, all research, all quests. 20 days total, rushing.
Ch21ResearchComplete.jpg

I did employ the Cauldron boost strategy for Mana mentioned by @Enevhar Aldarion , it is a good one. I was lucky to have a Mana rune as well, with +70% boosts. And then daily Builder Hut boosts at +20%.
image_2023-08-27_084023106.pngimage_2023-08-27_084123503.png

@Dhurrin Yes I did teleport out all my workshops after quest 15, and have just lived on my Tome of Secrets (34), Endless Excavation (32) and Prosperity Towers (17), using Supplies Instants to top up when needed. I couldn't even burn through all my supplies instants, below is what is still left end of chapter. I've stopped making supplies instants in the MA now.
1693090139288.png

Today and yesterday I did spend Basic Standard goods to buy about 500 KP, as I was getting short on gold, which I needed to hold back for the research completion.
image_2023-08-27_084155345.png

Maman Le Pre's Antique Shop will be great for Seeds, it outperforms a Festival Merchant at Lvl 2. But the new build menu star for seeds is Grove of the Glowseeds, which is much better than Festival Merchants again, and I will replace all Festival Merchants with that. Maman Le Pre's even outperforms those at Lvl 3, you just have to set aside the Spell Fragment,s Combining Catalysts and Royal Restorations to upgrade it, which is new.
image_2023-08-27_084233631.png

I will be collecting mana, seeds and unurium heavily for a few more days to upgrade all manufactories.

You can ask me questions by adding @ before my name. @Dadnaz summary is a great one.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@iamthouth I am late starting chapter 21 because I waited until the end of the fellowship adventure to begin it. Which tech advance unlocks Grove of the Glowseeds? It is not clear in the tech tree what advance unlocks it. Although I honestly can probably cut back on how many Festival Merchants I have now. I already had a high level Sunset Towers, but every since I built and leveled Scout's Tavern the extra seeds I get from the Scout's Tavern bonus chests are adding up.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thus, with space at a premium, a high culture boost becomes important, and the strategy of using the Great Bell Spire/Crystal Lighthouse, combined with Watchtower Ruins, and Lighthouse of Good Neighbourhood, would prove useful in this chapter.
I have none of those three, so will see how I go.
So I guess that means that all the wonders nobody wanted before are suddenly useful wonders in Chapter 21? I'm only close to opening Chapter 19, so I have a long ways to go, but should I be starting those wonders in order to build them up before I get there?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So I guess that means that all the wonders nobody wanted before are suddenly useful wonders in Chapter 21? I'm only close to opening Chapter 19, so I have a long ways to go, but should I be starting those wonders in order to build them up before I get there?
I am still early in chapter 21, since I waited until the end of the fellowship adventure to start it. But so far I have not run into any need for extra culture boost. My normal combo of Prosperity Towers (level 16 currently) and 4 magic workshops is making all the supplies I need and then some. And if I do run into supply issues later in the chapter, I would probably further level PT before I added an additional AW. If I run into gold problems later in the chapter, I would finish maxing my Golden Abyss (currently level 26).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@iamthouth I am late starting chapter 21 because I waited until the end of the fellowship adventure to begin it. Which tech advance unlocks Grove of the Glowseeds? It is not clear in the tech tree what advance unlocks it. Although I honestly can probably cut back on how many Festival Merchants I have now. I already had a high level Sunset Towers, but every since I built and leveled Scout's Tavern the extra seeds I get from the Scout's Tavern bonus chests are adding up.
Not until the third last, "A Grove and Hideout". I don't yet have the Scouts Tavern. Seeds was less required compared to Mana and Unurium, but still needed for sentient goods of course, which is needed for settlement resources, and upgrading of buildings.

@Darielle You've reminded me I forgot to comment about my wonders, although you can see it in the city layout. I would definitely level up Temple of Spirits (mine is lvl 32) and Tree of Enlightenment (mine is lvl 31). I also benefitted from Blooming Trader Guild (31) and Vortex of Storage (31). To some degree Golden Abyss (33) as it meant I could afford to move all residences to Community Work, though probably more so from rushing it. I also have Sunset Towers (31) which helped with seeds and seed decay.

Because I removed manufactories to make space for the settlement, I also took a hit on Unurium production the Trader, which is worth being mindful of.

@Darielle that culture combination would be useful if you already have it. I had none, but still managed by ramping up culture by removing manufactories and using EEs, boosting the Community Work, gold and supplies. I used at least 182 Enscrolled Endowments to boost culture. If they lasted longer, and had a higher effect I would have benefitted, and also if I had a high lvl Dragon Abbey I would have then benefitted from that mana from that.

Darielle

Not until the third last, "A Grove and Hideout". I don't yet have the Scouts Tavern. Seeds was less required compared to Mana and Unurium, but still needed for sentient goods of course, which is needed for settlement resources, and upgrading of buildings.

@Darielle You've reminded me I forgot to comment about my wonders, although you can see it in the city layout. I would definitely level up Temple of Spirits (mine is lvl 32) and Tree of Enlightenment (mine is lvl 31). I also benefitted from Blooming Trader Guild (31) and Vortex of Storage (31). To some degree Golden Abyss (33) as it meant I could afford to move all residences to Community Work, though probably more so from rushing it. I also have Sunset Towers (31) which helped with seeds and seed decay.

Because I removed manufactories to make space for the settlement, I also took a hit on Unurium production the Trader, which is worth being mindful of.

@Darielle that culture combination would be useful if you already have it. I had none, but still managed by ramping up culture by removing manufactories and using EEs, boosting the Community Work, gold and supplies. I used at least 182 Enscrolled Endowments to boost culture. If they lasted longer, and had a higher effect I would have benefitted, and also if I had a high lvl Dragon Abbey I would have then benefitted from that mana from that.
Thanks! I have my BTG at level 32, but my Vortex is at a paltry 7. I'll have to build that. My Sunset is at 21, I believe, so I'll build that up too. The GA is pretty high. I have about 75K excess pop right now, with only magic residences. I'll get the new wonders when I can.

Do the magic residences give a lot more community work than the regular residences, or will I have to build some regs?

LordVorKon

I saw something odd yesterday. My Prosperity was at 990, which 990/600 = 1.65 exactly. The expectation, then, was that my Portal Production Buff would be 165%. It wasn't -- it was listed in-game at 164%. I suppose it's possible that the way it's built requires you to be *over* any given 'whole number' percentage; i.e., you have to be at 165.1% to get 165%, and it rounds down from there. That seems like an overly complicated way to build something, though.
I have seen the same thing now. At 834 Prosperity, I should be getting 139%, but I'm actually only getting 138%. Which, as small as that is, it's going to obligate me to run several extra productions per research. (Or I could build another workshop, even if I can't connect it right now...)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is there any way to get Community Work other than from residences? For example, are there any evolving buildings you can upgrade and which will switch to producing it?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is there any way to get Community Work other than from residences? For example, are there any evolving buildings you can upgrade and which will switch to producing it?

Probably not for a chapter or two before new buildings will be added. It took a while after unurium was added before we got extra sources for it. One thing I have been hanging onto is a Tome that gives you the choice of one of the temp military buildings or a decaying good. When I entered chapter 21, the one I had in inventory switched from offering unurium or a building to community work or a building. So I will cash that in if I get low enough to need it.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Darielle I only had Magic Residences, so can't comment on the regular residences sorry. 16 Magic at first, then down as low as 9 towards the end, but that was all enough.

Darielle

@Darielle I only had Magic Residences, so can't comment on the regular residences sorry. 16 Magic at first, then down as low as 9 towards the end, but that was all enough.
I'll have to dig some magic residences out of storage and rr them for that chapter. I think I'm down to around 8 or 9 out in my city now. But I've got quite a while yet with 2 more chapters to do before then, so I'll wait. Still, it's always good to know what's coming. 18 went a dang lot faster than 17 did. Thanks.

Glandeh

I'll have to dig some magic residences out of storage and rr them for that chapter. I think I'm down to around 8 or 9 out in my city now. But I've got quite a while yet with 2 more chapters to do before then, so I'll wait. Still, it's always good to know what's coming. 18 went a dang lot faster than 17 did. Thanks.
You can not RR magic residences, only upgrade them using blueprints (which is probably cheaper in your current chapter, as a BP gives only 10RR and those MR get quite large). Otoh, if you have too many RR and no blueprints, you're stuck.

Vigali

I think the reality of Community Work for Ch21 is that it's not particularly troublesome unless you're trying to burn through the chapter in a month or so. I have been going relatively fast -- 55% complete in 21 days -- and have fully my settlement fully upgraded at this point (4* Portal, 24 4* Workshops). I have 16 MRs, all on CW, and they've pretty much all been on CW from the beginning (except for the first few days where I was about 50/50). I *did not* take the CW reward in the Season rewards, so all that I've earned has come from residences, and I've basically never been at a point where I need it and don't have it.

I'm getting into the point where researches need bigger quantities of it, but that should be ok, because I'm also out of the point where workshop upgrades require it. But to be a bit more specific on the math -- even if I run 12 Vallorian workshops on scales/glass/shells 5x per day, that only costs 660 CW. That leaves me 876 per day to spend on researches, which will allow me to complete 1 research per day (which is almost certainly faster than what I need). I will need some more CW (~3k) on top of all that to build Noble Oblations throughout the rest of the chapter, but that's a small enough number that I shouldn't have a problem building them when I need them. Also important to note, I'm definitely not running my Vallorian workshops 5x a day, so the daily reqs are actually smaller than 660. Especially if I make the smart move and drop Vallorian workshops down to 9 and build 3 more Diabhals.

TLDR; If you have a boatload of EEs, sure, use them to help your culture bonus for CW -- assuming you have a Dragon Abbey, you're gonna need the mana anyway. But there should be no need to build AWs focused on culture bonus just for more CW production.

Vigali

I remember reading something about not upgrading the guest race buildings too soon. Which ones are like that?
I'm guessing this is talking about Vallorian Workshops.

Your Diabhals workshops feed your Vallorian workshops, and the research to upgrade your Vallorians from 2* --> 3*/4* comes before the research to upgrade Diabhals. As a result, if you upgrade all of your Vallorians immediately, your Diabhals won't be able to keep up with them.

I don't consider this much of a problem, personally. I upgraded Vallorians while I was gathering the goods needed for the Diabhals research, and that worked well for me. Yes, there were times my Vallorians were making Prey instead of shells/scales/glass, but who cares? They all need to be upgraded eventually, and the faster I get them all upgraded, the bigger my production bonus is. In fact, *because* I upgraded my Vallorians, it was easier to get the Diabhals research, because of my increased production bonus.

The thing that's probably not being talked about enough is workshop distribution. At first glance it seemed obvious that you should keep your workshops in multiples of 3, and equal numbers of each (since they feed each other). And that might be right. But when you throw in a round of Orcish art building, it throws the cycles off completely -- and when you start building things in the Portal using Diabhals goods, it also throws things off. It may make more sense to have more Diabhals than Vallorians. I'm currently at 12/12 of the workshops, but I think going 15/9 Diabhals/Vallorians may be better. Haven't done any math for that yet though, so I have no idea.

Darielle

You can not RR magic residences, only upgrade them using blueprints (which is probably cheaper in your current chapter, as a BP gives only 10RR and those MR get quite large). Otoh, if you have too many RR and no blueprints, you're stuck.
Oops, you are so right. I had forgotten. Dang ... gotta stop making artifacts, lol.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
300 diamonds does the trick also. I had enough diamonds saved up that I was able to do this to all the magic residences in my cities. However, I only have 5 per city. I am wondering if I will have to add more just to get the community work I need. But I haven't reached that point of the chapter yet, so I will cross that bridge when I get to it.