• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter 21 - The Vallorian Legend

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I completed it with 146 expansions, and had the full 9+9 settlement buildings at lvl 4. But I did remove most manufactories, and all but one armory.
Did you actually use the 9 W of DH? Or are you accumulating more Scales, Shells & Dragon Glass than you need? Or using these building for prey (that you could have easily used Portal profit for)?

FYI, I could refill my portal 109 times fully with Port Profit. I expect you (or anyone else) in chapter 21 could do at least 50 refills.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Did you actually use the 9 W of DH? Or are you accumulating more Scales, Shells & Dragon Glass than you need? Or using these building for prey (that you could have easily used Portal profit for)?

FYI, I could refill my portal 109 times fully with Port Profit. I expect you (or anyone else) in chapter 21 could do at least 50 refills.

I started chapter 21 at 163 expansions, including the 1 added for scouting, and used 30 of them for my settlement setup, building 10 of each workshop at level 4. I kept them all running as often as I could and have finished the chapter, including all the quests.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Prosperity does not make sense to me. I was producing 21 or 44 oblations per cycle. At that rate, I had enough Produced from my Vallorian Workshops to finish the level. So I deleted the 6 Valorian Workshops and restored from inventory 1 Magic Workshops (chapter 21) and upgraded 1 Magic Workshop to Chapter 21. Now I can only produce 19 or 40 oblations per cycle. What did I do that hurt me? I tried teleporting 1 Magic Workshop which changed nothing.

What gives? How is this bonus calculated? I see from the instructions that the more settlements building levels I have the higher the settlement bonus. It really sucks that they don't reveil how they calculate settlement bonus. It makes it difficult to plan ahead and requires the retention of building that don't produce. Painful and not a reasonable design IMO

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Prosperity does not make sense to me. I was producing 21 or 44 oblations per cycle. At that rate, I had enough Produced from my Vallorian Workshops to finish the level. So I deleted the 6 Valorian Workshops and restored from inventory 1 Magic Workshops (chapter 21) and upgraded 1 Magic Workshop to Chapter 21. Now I can only produce 19 or 40 oblations per cycle. What did I do that hurt me? I tried teleporting 1 Magic Workshop which changed nothing.

What gives? How is this bonus calculated? I see from the instructions that the more settlements building levels I have the higher the settlement bonus. It really sucks that they don't reveil how they calculate settlement bonus. It makes it difficult to plan ahead and requires the retention of building that don't produce. Painful and not a reasonable design IMO

At the end I tried to store a bunch of settlement buildings that I didn't need anymore. I had the exact same thing happen because I didn't understand it either. I just had to scramble to store what I had put back out and put the settlement buildings back out. It was a darn good thing that I stored them instead of selling them. I always do it that way just in case I run into a problem or shortage.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
At the end I tried to store a bunch of settlement buildings that I didn't need anymore. I had the exact same thing happen because I didn't understand it either. I just had to scramble to store what I had put back out and put the settlement buildings back out. It was a darn good thing that I stored them instead of selling them. I always do it that way just in case I run into a problem or shortage.
I was lucky - I had 6 level 4 WLH + 3 in storage. I thought I was finished with that building so I deleted 4 level 4 buildings and stored 2. I brought the 2 back as well as 1 level 2 WLH and started a 10th LW. This raised my production back to 20/42. I needed mor LWs any way and I can make up for the lost production with what I have - It will take longer than it would have without the deletes but C'est la vie. I was storing up TIme instants for the end - that still remains the plan - but nothing gets deleted or stored until I am done done.

LordVorKon

Prosperity works like this: Each settlement building consumes a certain amount of Prosperity (in much the same way that regular buildings consume culture and/or population). If you look in the Dragon Tower on the Portal tab, you will see a line "Settlement Production". If you mouse over (or tap on mobile), this line, you get 3-4 pieces of info:
1) Settlement Base Prosperity: 600 (this is the prosperity consumed by a level-one VDT)
2) Currently Required Prosperity: xxx (The sum of all the prosperity used by your settlement)
3) Prosperity Factor: yyy (This is xxx divided by 600, rounded down to two decimal places)
4) Your BTG bonus, if you have one

The value shown for Settlement Production is the sum of line 3 and line 4.

So yes, when you remove settlement buildings, you're using less prosperity and thus the bonus factor is reduced.

vermp

May I sell the Dragon Tower BEFORE the "Sell the Dragon tower" quest comes up? Any repercussions?

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
So yes, when you remove settlement buildings, you're using less prosperity and thus the bonus factor is reduced.
Thank you for your detailed explanation - I can calculate the prosperity factor now now, but it still does not add up to actual production. Right now I am 873/600=145%+43%=188% as my prosperity factor. However 188% of the 10 base amount is 18.8 - but I get 20 for Messy, Rude and Dangerous Oblations. Noble Oblations is closer to 188% of 22 (41,36). Regardless of how Inno rounds, the actual production numbers (20 & 42 from base values of 10 and 22) are not consistent with the reported Settlement Production Bonus 188%. -
  1. one is 200% (20/10) while
  2. the other is 191%. (42/22)
I would expect for 188%
  • 19/41 (normal rounding) or
  • 18/41 (truncated), or
  • 19/40 (rounded up),
    not 10/42 which I actually get.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thank you for your detailed explanation - I can calculate the prosperity factor now now, but it still does not add up to production. Right now I am 873/600=145%+43%=188% however 188% of the 10 base amount is 18.8, but I get 20 for Messy Rude and Dangerous Oblations. Noble Oblations closer 188% of 22 is 41,36, but regardless of how Inno rounds, the actual production numbers (20 & 42 from base values of 10 and 22) are not consistent with the reported Settlement Production Bonus 188%. -
  1. one is 200% (20/10) while
  2. the other is 191%. (42/22)
I would expect for 188%
  • 19/41 (normal rounding) or
  • 18/41 (truncated), or
  • 19/40 (rounded up),
    not 10/42 which I actually get.

Basically the BTG and Settlement bonus are each individually rounded up before being added together.

Dhurrin

My Seal Tower is for the Unurium decay reduction. The Unurium collection for residence coin collection is minor.
Problem is that is your situation and fine for you, not a general thing. And not really relevant either.

I upped the VST to lvl 30. Yes, mostly because of the decay, but also because of the harvest, as it helps with quests. The harvest from residences is far more regular than the far more substantial bonus from the Temple of Spirits as I combine my Spire with Tourney in 1 day (or something like 20 hours spanning 2 days). So basically 5-6 days out of the week I have no bonus coming from the temple and rely (in part) on the VST for getting unurium for quests. Having that cut so drastically is absurd.

The other problem is that the VST was introduced at the end of chap 19 and it has, as most AWs, 2 specific powers. Which one can enjoy for only 1 chapter, because in chap 21 a significant part is suddenly removed. Talking about horrible planning/organization!
That was not something anyone as a player could foresee. Had we known that, a lot of players would have thought twice about placing and upping it. Me amongst them btw.
All but removing 1 power from an AW after 1 chapter is not something that can be defended. The unurium should be made dependant on harvesting from the residences, whether that is coins or community work and should be treated the same.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The other problem is that the VST was introduced at the end of chap 19 and it has, as most AWs, 2 specific powers. Which one can enjoy for only 1 chapter, because in chap 21 a significant part is suddenly removed. Talking about horrible planning/organization!
That was not something anyone as a player could foresee. Had we known that, a lot of players would have thought twice about placing and upping it. Me amongst them btw.
All but removing 1 power from an AW after 1 chapter is not something that can be defended. The unurium should be made dependant on harvesting from the residences, whether that is coins or community work and should be treated the same.

The good news is that in the last chapters the tax rate (coins produced per population of the residence) actually increases. So with enough chapters it may become twice as good per population consumed as it was at the end of chapter 19 (which could be plenty of room for community works production).

Sprite1313

There are two ways they could fix the VST issue for community work:
1. Have a different unurium calculation for taxes vs. community work so that you get a similar amount of unurium, regardless of which you are collecting from your residences.
2. Increase the community work production, and the amount of community work required for the chapter so it is roughly the same as the amount of coins collected every three hours.

Either of those would restore the value of the second power of the VST.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
When it first launched I thought VST would be useful, but then having reached end of chapters, you don't actually need unurium for anything, so I'm not going to build it. I keep well alive on unurium between chapters from Boblins Express Service and Steam Golem. When a new chapter launches I can change the trader back to unurium, or build some Married Forest Homes again.

Dhurrin

When it first launched I thought VST would be useful, but then having reached end of chapters, you don't actually need unurium for anything, so I'm not going to build it. I keep well alive on unurium between chapters from Boblins Express Service and Steam Golem. When a new chapter launches I can change the trader back to unurium, or build some Married Forest Homes again.

Yes, you can. You can do well without the VST. That however is not the issue; the issue here is that 1 of the powers of this AW basically got castrated, just after players having one chapter of full use of it.
Scrapping one ability like that is just wrong.

And with all the delays and something close to 9 months between the introduction of chap 20 and 21, even players who didn't exactly push still had 5-6 months to work on upping it. Considering that unurium is a relatively new resource one could expect it to be needed in the next chapter(s), so investing in this AW made perfect sense. Had players known beforehand this ability would get nerfed this soon they might have made other choices.
Pheryll said:
The good news is that in the last chapters the tax rate (coins produced per population of the residence) actually increases. So with enough chapters it may become twice as good per population consumed as it was at the end of chapter 19 (which could be plenty of room for community works production).
All true, but also all 'might' and 'may' for future possibilities. I am looking at what IS. And what is, is the fact this AW lost close to half of it's power.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Just an FYI on end of chapter strategy. In my case, I had build every guest good needed from the guest productions buildings except those requiring Mana. Mana for Rude Oblations (and time) had become my sole bottleneck. Also all my tier 1 manufactury upgrade, many AW upgrades as well as several Research blocks were deferred waiting for Mana. My solution was to:
  1. Finish all guest Oblations except Rude Oblations (needing Mana) and plus 1 or 2 Noble Oblations because I might some extra time waiting for Mana. (this burned a lot of time instant on the Tower)
  2. deletion every guest production building other than the Tower. (This required a calculation on what the new productivity of the Tower would be without all the guest building and ensuring enough guest goods to complete the level)
  3. build a dozen or more Dragon Rock Gorges (they are among the most productive Mana producers, this burned many time instants, supply instants and coin instants).
I do not believe this saved me much time to finish the level, however there is a huge list of upgrades deferred due to a Mana shortage. I think this process is optimal for me and might be for others. for this chapter, I teleported 11 manufactures to make room for the guests. and another or more residences. I had room after adding mana capacity to add back about half of the manufactories (and associated residences) that I teleported for the chapter. Frankly, I should have implemented this solution earlier. Food for thought for those reaching this same point in their path through Chapter 21.

I have a mixed strategy that is more catering than combat, so the impact of guest quarters was to reduce manufacturies. Normal tourney performance for me was without a chapter and during the chapter were
  • Started Provinces: (60-75) reduced to 50-55
  • Completing 4 or more levels: (50-60) reduced to 50
  • Completing 5 or more levels: (20-40) reduced to 10-20
  • Completing all 6 levels: (10-35) reduced to 5-15
I expect this end strategy will also improve my tourney performance. I also expect keep my tower for one day (to gather the Mana required for my last 2 research blocks) to gain the 4 royal restorations for trading in my tower in chapter quest 87. Unfortunately, Mana cannot be gained with time instants so it is a waiting game. I like the the newest culture mana producers only uses supplies and coins so the limit becomes how many time instants do you want to use to clear your builder to build more. I stopped at 12 (21 total). The change also sets me up well to delete all of my older mana producers as the Dragon Rock Gorge is better than or equal to everything else outside of the Seascape Biotope (which costs diamonds).

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The mana requirements for this chapter are really starting to annoy me. I am giving serious consideration to building the Maze of Dark Matter after I finish this chapter. It won't really help me right now, since I am burning mana as fast as I can make it and therefore decay is not a big issue. And I think the primary value of Maze is the decay reduction, not the amount it actually produces. But if I build and level Maze before chapter 22 is released I can potentially have a stockpile of 10s of millions of mana when the next chapter begins and hopefully that would be enough to carry me through.