• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Much KP Purchase

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Inflation. It's only 25:diamond: to buy a KP for Wonders :rolleyes::D
1693439897076.png

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
It is possible I am donating to someone else's wonder.

It would have to be someone outside of your FS because you don't have the shield next to it. Also, because others do have a shield next to it, they would have to contribute to that outsider as well being from your FS. But I'm not sure whether the shield actually shows up on outsiders AWs. Also, it would be considered quite a large contribution for KP hunting. So yes, a lot of weird things would have to happen. I'm going by the rather obvious one.

Katwick

Cartographer
With Swap Threads the most frequent contributers are "allowed" to bump everybody else.

All of the other systems actually work best when you dump in your own 2/3rds, AW Token work great, and THEN announce that reward chests are available, and will pay back their loan within a day or two, converted to storable Tokens and Runes

The key concept is that the first Chest-Only contributor can easily claim the top chest, and still leave room for other contributions, AW Perks in particular. If somebody contributes MORE than the Reward value of a chest, it's their loss so the Chest-Only systems require minimal supervision.

As a side note, once an end game user starts foregoing the additional 20 KPs that's available each day, because they've maxed out the AWs that they want to support, to continue participating in Swap Threads they'll need to repeatedly build and tear down a junk AW to avoid push blocking. The Chest-Only systems are inherently balanced.

Last edited:

crackie

It would have to be someone outside of your FS because you don't have the shield next to it. Also, because others do have a shield next to it, they would have to contribute to that outsider as well being from your FS. But I'm not sure whether the shield actually shows up on outsiders AWs. Also, it would be considered quite a large contribution for KP hunting. So yes, a lot of weird things would have to happen. I'm going by the rather obvious one.
I am amused you think I could be lying about this. Feel free to look me up on Elvenarchitect to see if I have a level 13 Bee in my cities or donate to one of your fellow's wonders and see if there's a shield by your name.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I am amused you think I could be lying about this. Feel free to look me up on Elvenarchitect to see if I have a level 13 Bee in my cities or donate to one of your fellow's wonders and see if there's a shield by your name.

Thank you for the explanation. And sorry if it was offensive to you, it wasn't meant that way. I'm just curious and sorry that it was confusing that you posted someone else's AW.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I'm just curious is it allowed to discuss Net0 in this forum? It seems that this topic is either cut short or the thread locked. It is just an innocent system, nothing offensive about it or is it?
Yes there are many threads on it and you are free to make one. This thread is about the quests to buy KP in the events and not KP swap options

Katwick

Cartographer
I don't think it's even off topic.

If you buy KPs they end up in your Tech Tree OR ELSE in an Ancient Wonder.

I have a lot of regular houses and visit the neighbors everyday so, as a consequence, I buy at least 10 KPs every day anyway, to uncap my Cash. Ticking off a Buy KPs quest is just gravy. I'm certainly not complaining about it.

I simply don't understand why anybody would forego the daily 20 KPs (with Inspiring Meditation), and pile up KPs from other sources, but I'm very suspicious that it has to do with waiting for somebody else to post in a swap thread.

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I will be more precise, This thread was about the Quests that ask for KP purchases and you are able to extend that to include the amount that your city is at, the ways you fulfill the quest, and the overall positive or negative ramifications of these actions.
However, extending this out to Swap threads, NetZero, and the like IS OFF TOPIC.

crackie

Thank you for the explanation. And sorry if it was offensive to you, it wasn't meant that way. I'm just curious and sorry that it was confusing that you posted someone else's AW.
Not offended. Just amused your “most obvious” conclusion seem to contain all these complicated twists and turns that still led to the wrong final destination. The “most obvious”, and simplest, conclusion to me would be I am not using netzero because I have confirmed I am not and that’s not my wonder because I have also confirmed it’s not. It also wouldn’t be unusual for me to post another person’s wonder if all my fellowships use a system that requires we donate only to our fellows’ wonders, especially after we bought 20KPs a few times so we can complete event quests and stay on topic.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Not offended. Just amused your “most obvious” conclusion seem to contain all these complicated twists and turns that still led to the wrong final destination. The “most obvious”, and simplest, conclusion to me would be I am not using netzero because I have confirmed I am not and that’s not my wonder because I have also confirmed it’s not. It also wouldn’t be unusual for me to post another person’s wonder if all my fellowships use a system that requires we donate only to our fellows’ wonders, especially after we bought 20KPs a few times so we can complete event quests and stay on topic.

Do I need to apologise again? It's definitely getting twisted now. :D
PS. I did see something about shenanigans. :p

Dhurrin

It's actually cheaper to get KPs by buying them than playing tournament. So if you don't care much about relics or enchantments and have high enough tournament score to contribute to FS rewards, it's a way to go. Also if you keep progressing, the buy KPs get cheaper because you produce more. And the increase with each bought KPs isn't even noticeable once your cost reaches millions of coins.
That depends on the tourney provinces and rounds.
Secondly, for most players they will do the tourney anyways for all the other benefits the tourney provides, which cannot be said for buying KPs.

And no, KPs do NOT get cheaper because you produce more, it only seems that way for a bit, until you catch up again.

Also, the buying KPs system is kinda screwed. It is far, far, far more advantageous to buy KPs for T3 goods than T1 goods, or even T2 goods.

But on beta there have been a lot of complaints about this as well: not the fact one has to buy some KPs during the event, but the fact it's over 100 KPs mandatory PLUS about 40 more that can be circumvented by an alternative, which for some cities may be just as hard to do.