• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Alram

Flippers just flip
It's a bit of a vicious circle they have created. A lot of us were watching the ads to help Inno make money. Now they are dumping the forum. I'm not going to discord and Im also no longer attempting to watch ads. As soon as the ads become mandatory, I am uninstalling the game.

Dhurrin

How about a more constructive response, please
I could word it more politely, but basically, that response was correct; it sucks.
It sucks because ADDING Discord would be ok. Replacing the forum by a chatserver sucks.

Losing all the info collected on the forums over the years just sucks.
Discord's ability to find older topics...well...sucks
The fact that there just aren't going to be anywhere near as many subchannels sucks.
Just the fact I am required to make a Discord account sucks.

Dhurrin

I have been advocating for a Discord server for years. While I am sad to lose the Forum, and friends on it, Discord is a better platform in my humble opinion.
I have no issue with Discord being ADDED as an additional way to share info. I do however have a MAJOR problem with being forced to use that instead of the forum, as I do not want to be forced to make an account there.

And why ONLY Elvenar, but not the other Inno games? No, for me it feels like a kick in the face. Even more so with the way Inno responded, basically just telling their player- and forumbase; "we don't care what you want, we don't care what you think, just suck it up".
If that is the way a company feels they should treat their players, in some cases paying customers like me, they will end up being the ones who can suck it up.

I'm almost done with chap 21. Not sure I will still be around for a possible chap 22. Definitely done paying, on all worlds I'm playing on, under all nicks. Done with watching adds too on all of them. Didn't mind helping them out that way, but when they decide to just kick you in the face like this that's over too.

I'll see how things work out, but I will not be joining Discord. Just took a peek there by reactivating an old account. Nope, don't like it, don't want it, not doing it. Deleted the account.
Ad if the adds ever become a mandatory thing I'll be dropping the game entirely. On all the servers I'm playing on.

BrinDarby

@Dhurrin .... "" it sucks "" is pretty polite ....:oops: , lolol.

Let me say this :
If a company either has thier forum administered for
them, or hands the complete ball of wax to them....
After I log in to elvenar, @ the pick a world screen....
I should be able to pick the forum or discord or bbs
or whatever the heck they're using, and be instantly
logg'd in, without having to ever "create acct"....

Next:
Elvenar on FB, Elvenar on iDavis, Elvenar on ( insert here )
all denote control not to Elvenar, but to someone else.
Currently Forum on/by Elvenar, keeps control to InnoGames.
Control of both our actions and our Data.... ;)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Even more so with the way Inno responded, basically just telling their player- and forumbase; "we don't care what you want, we don't care what you think, just suck it up".

The 'It sucks' phrase is pretty apt. And the response by the mod is kinda funny.

I gotta say, I appreciate that our MODs are letting us vent without saying what is being said by MODs on other forums.

If our MODs were being as nasty about this as the MODs on some of the other forums(that shall remain nameless) I think many of us would have gotten ourselves banned.

This can't be changed, the MODs can't fix it. It is not our fault or their fault, @Astram and @Elovios thank you for letting us rage.

Yogi Dave

To: @Elovios, @-Solaris-, @Astram, @Broken Pen, or @Fornadia

I understand that the move to discord has happened and can't/won't be undone including the demise of this forum, and y'all have no say in the matter. As @Iyapo said, thank you for letting us rage.

However, I do ask if you can find out the answer to one huge question that I stated in my first post in this thread.
What will become of the tremendous amount of information that has accumulated in the forums?
I suspect that most, if not all, of it will just disappear. It'd be nice to know if that is the case or not. Knowing might allow some way to preserve some of the info. If it's to be lost, that is just so sad.

I checked a few archives in the Wayback Machine. They have the top tier pages, but when you go to a topic, it says it hasn't been archived. So, it's no help. Maybe there is one that has more. However, even if the forum was archived, the search function would not work. Which means finding what you are looking for would be a nightmare.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Dhurrin Right there with you! I think the writing is on the wall :( At this point I’m just hoping they keep this game around even if they don‘t add anything anymore. Finished the chapter, all in for this event as a last hurrah spending a lot of my diamond stockpile and hoping to enjoy the game as it is for a long while if they keep it around. I mean first the layoff, then the ads, and now this? We have definitely become low priority. It’s hard to come to any other conclusion. My husband & I discussed this earlier today and credit card info is coming off of all cities for us, our alts and our adult kids. Every one of those cities buys diamonds but not anymore. It’s pretty obvious Inno no longer cares about their players in this game so I’m considering us forewarned. No more spending on events or just no events, no more diamonds, and definitely not signing up for Discord.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M I am pretty sure chapter 22 is already mostly done, since it seems it will be a part 2 of the chapter 20 story.

Chapter 21 was close to ready for months before we finally got it. I do hope you are right! I would love to get rid of lava land. I really liked chapter 20. Chapter 21, not so much. If they do a chapter 22 similar to chapter 20 then I would definitely have to buy diamonds. We shall see :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
This can't be changed, the MODs can't fix it. It is not our fault or their fault,

The mods invited the commentary
If it is not presented as eleganly as they or you like, I say, "Suck it up buttercup"

Now as for that other place
I haven't checked back lately
Can someone tell me
Does it sill suck?

Dhurrin

I gotta say, I appreciate that our MODs are letting us vent without saying what is being said by MODs on other forums.

If our MODs were being as nasty about this as the MODs on some of the other forums(that shall remain nameless) I think many of us would have gotten ourselves banned.

This can't be changed, the MODs can't fix it. It is not our fault or their fault, @Astram and @Elovios thank you for letting us rage

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the Mods giving some leeway, though 'it sucks' is hardly offensive language.
I know the Mods are volunteers, are not at fault and can't change it, though I sure as hell hope they will report the feelings to Inno. Not that Inno will listen of course.
But asking for 'constructive criticism' on this is like asking for a tropical beach on Antarctica; there is none.

As for some of the other Mods on other forums...*shrugs*...just following Inno's orders I guess. Dissent is not allowed. Criticism is not allowed. Only ooh-ing and aaah-ing and applauding is.
Inno basically tells players to 'be good little datapoints and shut up. And hand us your money while we shaft you and disrespect you'.

And you know what? Even if I did get banned for it, so what? The forum won't be around that much longer anyway, so the ban doesn't mean anything except showing a dictatorial new Inno policy.

-Solaris-

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hello dear humans and elves!

As the CM for the international server commented on the post linked above to their forums, our forums will not disappear for at least a few months and might even be kept open. In any case, I'm confident that any decision regarding this will be communicated in advance so that everyone can get a heads up.

We appreciate your feedback on the creation of our Discord server (thoughts on how to improve it for you all are very welcome and constructive :wink_elf:) as we do your feedback on the possibility of moving from the forums to discord eventually. As always, we will continue on sharing your thoughts on this and on the game we all love.

Have a magical day!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Discord defaults to 2k messages, just like our in-game messages. You can pay and get your message size increased. Also, for free, you can have a longer message included as a text file, but I doubt that will be enabled.
My message was under 2k easily but it didn't post. Perhaps there was another problem but the reponse telling me it wouldn't post just said there was a "problem" and when I split the msg into two parts each part posted. So I assumed it was too long. Now, I wonder why and find it too bad they don't tell you when they refuse to let you post it. Probably something I did or something I missed, then.

The 2k has to be words since I use a lot more than 2000 characters in many of my posts. Is the 2k on Discord words or characters? I assume characters.

AJ

Yogi Dave

The 2k has to be words since I use a lot more than 2000 characters in many of my posts. Is the 2k on Discord words or characters? I assume characters.
Yes, characters, just like the in-game messages. In my FS's discord server, as I get near the limit it starts showing how many characters are left. If I've created text somewhere else and do a copy and paste, it cuts off the characters at 2k. I have to notice it is saying 0 characters left. Although, sometimes it asks if I'd like to put the info in as a text file. Of course, I have no idea how Elvenar's is being setup. Since currently I'm not planning on using discord as a forum replacement, I might not ever know.

Oh, just to be silly: IfItWasWordsYouCouldJustCreateHugeWordsThatDroneOnAndOn.

Smooper

I don't understand how to make posts in certain topics on the Discord. I don't see a way to post in "forum-discussions" or in "questions-and-answers". Even though I do like Discord and have used it to great advantage in other games, I don't see how it will work here. We are being split apart into countries and then into worlds instead of all being joined together.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
What scares me the most about this is that when that first group does come back and really needs someone in here specifically to talk to, the Forums will be gone by then. The people here helped me through my rough year. Thankfully I have them in my world to be able to message and find them.
Glad you are still part of the first group! I think the death of the forum will be like death of Gems. People will say they miss it, but who left is really going to put in the energy to do the work those guys did to create replacement content. We mostly ask who will do it, and then stare at each other. Time will tick forward and the community will move on, but a part of it will die permanently because at the end of the day, the community is made up of the people, not the technology that runs the platforms. If you don't have the people that went the extra mile, then it won't be the same community.

The irony is the subpar in-game chat has driven a lot of FS to discord, my groups included. If the forum, or even the game, shutters, I'll still be in touch with some of the people from the game and who knows...maybe we all migrate to a new game together. As much as I enjoy using discord for my various fellowships, I'm not sure how I would improve an Elvenar server on discord. I currently have no need for a server-wide real-time global chat, a US real-time global chat, or let alone a massively global English-language chat that may include beta, EN, and the US servers. It's like, check out this latest new phone with all the modern bells and whistles, like a 500MP camera! OK, great, but am I printing out murals that cover the side of buildings? No. Sometimes, you just need to make a simple phone call and a landline that doesn't need charging or won't accidentally fall out of your pocket into the toilet will do just fine. If it's a financial issue, then just shutter the likes of Brazil, Norway, and Tonga and use that money to keep this place open lol. They have every right to shutter the forum if they choose, but it's definitely the "we don't care about you" vibes they keep sending that's gonna do more irreparable damage to the product more than money pinching. Based on the replies, it's hit a lot of nerves.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Been looking at public forum places and there are a lot better ones than Discord. Wonder if it's possible for the players to set one up on their own. I see ones with live feed abilities, voice communication, and long post discussion possibilities, and pretty close to free. Anybody interested?

And when did they add "Old Dog" to my name? LOL

AJ

Last edited:

Smooper

One of the best features of Discord is its voice channels. I use them often and will call my son on Discord instead of using a phone number. Discord runs in the background on his computer when he is playing and he sometimes doesn't have his phone but even if he did Discord is there also.