• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.18

DeletedUser4417

Lionsmane set to ignore, don't see his dribble:p
He seems to like to be a antagonist so I blocked him. Quite a few of us have.
And with 9-10 yrs worth of kps you would be much better off using them on the tree.
Ever the troll aren't you jps54?

@SoggyShorts I cede when I am wrong and have done so in the past but ceding things one must be shown to be wrong. Simply claiming it over and over as some here have done is not sufficient. Ever. Some people don't have the stamina for an active debate and that shows when they use that little ignore button, but so be it.

Buttrflwr

Well, I guess not everyone enjoyed reading that little debate as much as I did....

All arguments aside.... Sorry lionsmane, Soggy won, the minute he said neener neener. I died laughing, thx for that soggy

LOL, I may have to go back and un-ignore someone just so I can read this during my off time this Thanksgiving! I can always use a good laugh, and neener neener? LOLOL! I find myself skimming a lot these days, as some of it is just not worth my time, but again...NEENER NEENER? I MUST find this! Gotta love some Soggs. ;) :D

DeletedUser4220

I wonder when we humans will get Mortar 3. Elves have Granite Golem, but we got nothing. We need it ASAP. The current Mortar still need general firepower improvement. It barely can do anything good against pesky archers, and it is completely obliterated by any other units. I suggest 30-40% damage improvement to make it viable.

DeletedUser1036

I read in the update note's:
  • We have added a new technologies in the Orcs and Goblin Chapter for levels 9-12 of the Training Grounds, the Orc Warrior - a heavy melee unit that can be trained in the Training Grounds, and the Sinister Cerberus (this last one was already available to Humans before). All of these three technologies are available to both Humans and Elves, and will remain optional until our next update.
So if they are optional how come everything else is grey'd out and my KP tree keeps opening up to the Cerberus tech?

DeletedUser4220

The tech tree is screwed up after the update. I cannot add points to Orc and Wood elves anymore. It is grayed out. We need a hotfix here.

The tech tree is screwed up after the update. I cannot add points to Orc and Wood elves anymore. It is grayed out. We need a hotfix here.
I guess we need to complete the advanced training grounds in ch5 before it will let us do any other research. Now I have a use for my 5.8 million units of dust to get KPs to fill that research first. Or I will be wasting my collected mana in between. I will report hot it worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

I guess we need to complete the advanced training grounds in ch5 before it will let us do any other research. Now I have a use for my 5.8 million units of dust to get KPs to fill that research first. Or I will be wasting my collected mana in between. I will report hot it worked out.

Yes. Whenever new tech is put in with an update, it is optional. However, with the next update, the stuff from the one before becomes required and only the new stuff is optional again.

So if you have skipped the stuff from the last one, you now will have to research that first.

And yes, I know, HIGHLY annoying to have to go back all the time. I now have 162KP worth of new tech in the orc-chapter I'll need to research before the next update.
I'll finish the woodelven Main Hall first, but then go back. If I have to do it anyway, I prefer to do so asap.

DeletedUser2870

LOL, I may have to go back and un-ignore someone just so I can read this during my off time this Thanksgiving! I can always use a good laugh, and neener neener? LOLOL! I find myself skimming a lot these days, as some of it is just not worth my time, but again...NEENER NEENER? I MUST find this! Gotta love some Soggs. ;) :D

Just above the spot where you can type your answer there is a button that says: Show Ignored Content.
That will show you the stuff only for this visit.

I'll admit to having used that myself now, since I have Lionsmane on ignore as well, but this sounded like fun (and it was).
Which is an achievement all by itself since on all the forums, chatsites and discussiongroups I'm active on combined, I don't have 10 people on ignore.

Point is, he sometimes makes valid points, but seems to be completely unwilling or unable to admit on any mistakes or invalid points on his side, which undoes the other stuff, especially with the way he continues to go on about them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I wonder when we humans will get Mortar 3.

Next update (if beta goes well). I understand there were technical issues for not bringing out multiple techs with dependencies on each other. The other thing is they spaced these out, imagine if all the techs on battle in recent updates came out together and were compulsory at the same time. There is enough complaints with 1-2 let alone 10 or however many they have done/planned.

DeletedUser4366

It would take a little under 9 years to complete all current research AND max out all current AW's using the above and just the above

Wow, Elvenar should post that on it's homepage: "Only 9 years to level up you city to level 9.". But then again, if you add in tourneys and the like, they can post: "Only 4 years to level up you to level 9".

My favourite problem with the new build:

It is impossible to fight and win provinces at the wood elves level, if someone is actively doing this, let me know by providing a real example of an entire province you won by fighting. BUT let's add two more military techs to the orc age just to slow folks down, because the new unit is rather useless and you have to rearrange your towne to get the added bonus of improving your training ground.

Oh, and Lionsmane, I may ask the devs, but 3 provinces a week may be scouting too far. Hmmm if I did the 190 provinces to enter age 9, by your 3 provinces a week math, that would be 63 weeks....I think you need to slow down Lionsmane, you are scouting too far, and taking too many provinces.

DeletedUser4220

Confirmed: I just finished Advanced Training Grounds research and now my research in Wood Elves is back to normal. The 2 new research items in Orcs are not required at this point.

DeletedUser4220

Totally annoyed about the new UI on the battle screen.
They dumbed-down the unit information screen with stupid color banners, but removed the % bonus information against other units. In order to see those you need to click in (i) in the top of the portrait (that was done last time) and now when the details open you get again the stupid colored banners with crossed swords. In order to see the % info you need to hover your mouse over those banners (that was change today). It is highly annoying to go over those steps every time I want to find out what units to choose. I like specific numbers, not some crossed swords to make a decision. It matters whether the unit has a better bonus for attack or defense for a particular move (the crossed swords will not tell you that), especially when you fighting against the overpowered enemy at lvl5 and 6 in the tourney.
My suggestion is to keep the % attack and defense bonuses written on the colored banners in the initial unit UI window without going through 2 steps to find it out. Thank you.

DeletedUser4778

Totally annoyed about the new UI on the battle screen.

Glad I'm not the only one. I also have to ask: What's with all the cosmetic changes? They may look pretty and colorful to others but they hurt my eyes. I dislike skin-deep blahness. It's like the sorceress unsupreme who hovers and looks like she can fly but can't go over a hedge. At least the knight's and paladin's spears can go through hedges.

DeletedUser2870

Glad I'm not the only one. I also have to ask: What's with all the cosmetic changes? They may look pretty and colorful to others but they hurt my eyes. I dislike skin-deep blahness. It's like the sorceress unsupreme who hovers and looks like she can fly but can't go over a hedge. At least the knight's and paladin's spears can go through hedges.

Same here. Complete hogwash change. It's change for the sake of changing, not to improve anything. Nice to put some empty words around it in the description, but it amounts to less than nothing.

Why making things MORE complicated with the fighting again? Anything that hides information or makes it more complicated to see the information in this way just sucks. Sorry, no other word for that.
Well, actually I have some on the tip of my tongue, but then the moderators will get angry again, so I'll let everyone make their own guess....

DeletedUser4366

Taking that many screenshots is almost more work then doing the provinces and most likely a lot more time too. ;):eek:
you can just say: I fought the following:

1. (all lv3) 2244 hellhounds(*2), 374 canonneer(*1). 561 enchantress(*2)
2. (all lv3) 4246 bandits (*2), 2123 orc general(*2), orc 2123(*1)
3. (all lv3) 1013 orc general (*2), 338 canonneers(*1), 507 knight(*2)
4. 528 thornrose mage lv 2 (*1), [rest all lv3] 1584 thief *4), 264 swamp monster (*1), 396 knight(*1)
etc...

even 4 from one province would be great....these are all real examples from 4 different provinces :D
(btw these are not the hardest fights per province :eek:)

DeletedUser3507

They snafued the battle system. I only fight in tourneys, I am so far part the "goldilock" zone that I get nosebleed.:rolleyes:
But I knew in advance and designed a barter city.o_O

Have enough provinces for chapter 10 & 11 done.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
you can just say: I fought the following:

1. (all lv3) 2244 hellhounds(*2), 374 canonneer(*1). 561 enchantress(*2)
2. (all lv3) 4246 bandits (*2), 2123 orc general(*2), orc 2123(*1)
3. (all lv3) 1013 orc general (*2), 338 canonneers(*1), 507 knight(*2)
4. 528 thornrose mage lv 2 (*1), [rest all lv3] 1584 thief *4), 264 swamp monster (*1), 396 knight(*1)
etc...

even 4 from one province would be great....these are all real examples from 4 different provinces :D
(btw these are not the hardest fights per province :eek:)

I expect the issue will be more squad sizes and combat difficulty rather then era.
  1. Squad Size (SS) 1140 v 826 - 1032 Nasty thief x3 and 1032 Wily bandit. Lost 146 Granite Golems on auto
  2. SS 1140 v 898 - 375 Orc general II, 749 Nasty Thief, 749 Wily Bandit x4. Lost 121 Granite Golems on auto
  3. SS 1140 v 892 - 372 Orc general II x3, 743 Nasty Thief x2, 743 Wily Bandit. Lost 43 Granite Golems, 1106 Elite Archer on auto
This town has come back into the goldilocks zone now it is in Wood Elves. Being in or out of the goldilocks zone has far more impact on difficulty then era. In fact era 1, 2 and early era 3 towns face some of the hardest fights for those in the goldilocks zone as they lack the full compliment of unit types. Those outside that zone are stopped regardless of era.

What hasn't been well defined or established is the upper limits of that zone at each era. Something that would be nice to have more clarity on in game, especially for earlier era towns who trip over this line constantly as their margin for stepping outside it is so much smaller then later eras.

I have noticed this update seems to highlight troops your choice is good and neutral against. I have looked at it too fast, does it distinguish between this or are less informed players meant to guess/know the difference. It could lead to some misleading information and poorer unit choices as a result of the confusion.

Edit: Just realised if the tournaments for the first round went to 85% squad sizes wasn't this 80% before, therefore the first round is harder? I know it makes for a nice even 15% increasing difficulty but we would have accepted this from the 80% mark to begin with:p