• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.18

DeletedUser2870

Wonder how long it's going to take for it to sink in that it's intended for provinces to be impossible to fight in if you've gone far beyond what's needed to unlock a chapter in the tech tree? That's not going to be changing. Tournaments are actually the important thing to keep balanced.

I wonder how long it's going to take to sink in that many players have left over this issue. And that many starting players also experience the difficulty and are quitting over this issue.
Or that it in no place in the game is mentioned that one is supposed to stay within an invisible, unmarked line on the map to be able to fight, but that the game actually encourages starting players to go out and scout as much as possible.
Only on the forum can one find out about this and most players don't want to go to the forum, they want to play the game.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The chests at the beginning of every chapter kind of let you know that, so there is a line in the game. its not well marked but very much suggested!
I do agree that they need to add more info, especially about scouting past the chest limits as advanced scouts lower the amount of troops and negotiation now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4778

The problem is interpretation. I think it was Thistleknot who said that she viewed those chests and associated province requirements as a minimum and not a maximum so I think Elvenar needs to be clearer about this. Also, some people don't look that far ahead so it needs to be made clear from the start.

DeletedUser3507

Still would like to see information on this "blueprint" looked in elvan wiki, nada no info, ,looked in elvenar architec, same no info.
Grrr is this a hoax or what?:confused:

Give more info, fix battle system, and give us the dang mouse over that, hmmm we been requesting for 3 months.:mad:
And take away the mouse over for are own stuff I don't have half-timers that bad.o_O

Oh wait I am still playing this game,maybe it is that bad....:p

DeletedUser2870

@Sir Squirrel
The chests were introduced as a MINIMUM requirement to be able to advance. At the introduction there was (and still is) no mention of having to stay within the range between the one you were about to open and the one at the start of the next chapter.

Also, the chests only mention a certain amount of provinces.
It does not state anything about rings and the ringnumbers are not visible on the map.

Something else I'm missing:

Can we PLEASE get some way to break runes into shards, or to transform runes into others, even if at a 3:1 or even 5:1 rate? Or a way to sell/trade them with the wholesaler or other players?
I've got hundreds of runes I have no use for at all and I can't do anything with them.

With every new chapter more AW's are being introduced, meaning the chance on getting one that is actually useful is decreasing even further. And to complete a ring on any AW I tend to average on needing about 20 runes of the same kind.
With 14 of them available already and 2 new ones coming up again the chances are getting to be ridiculously low.

Not to mention that no matter what is being stated I can find no evidence that the selection is completely random. I keep getting an extremely disproportinate percentage of runes of the few wonders I already have up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

I've got hundreds of runes I have no use for at all and I can't do anything with them.
Right now I have over 80 runes for 4 wonders I am not even going to build, I just break them. The rate is generally around 15:1 more or less. The 1 is an unbreakable rune that can be inserted into any wonder. Yes it is a round about way of getting what I want. But 5 unbreakable runes is not a bad thing.

DeletedUser3507

My opinion of wonders, I have 7 completed, 6 of them I refuse to build, the 1 I did, was a mistake. AW's were made for one purpose, to slow your progress down and to consume vast quantities of kp's. So that it takes you years longer to get thought the tree, and because some fed them and maxed them there solution add more lvls. Foolish mortals.o_O:eek::(

Go ahead feed them it will take you years to finish, Inno venus fly trap :)
39 endless excavation shard.

DeletedUser4778

Not to mention that no matter what is being stated I can find no evidence that the selection is completely random. I keep getting an extremely disproportinate percentage of runes of the few wonders I already have up.

Same here. I keep getting runes for the Golden Abyss (which I already have) and Tome of Secrets (which I don't plan to build). I've also noticed that the first tournament province often gives me these two runes and more of the Tome of Secrets one. Ugh.

@jps54: Which one was a mistake?

DeletedUser4417

@Sir Squirrel
The chests were introduced as a MINIMUM requirement to be able to advance. At the introduction there was (and still is) no mention of having to stay within the range between the one you were about to open and the one at the start of the next chapter.

Also, the chests only mention a certain amount of provinces.
It does not state anything about rings and the ringnumbers are not visible on the map.
It's called common sense.

The chests were introduced as a minimum requirement and only a complete fool assumes there is no maximum. The maximum is learned by the players as costs go up in association the further out a player scouts or tries to negotiate or battle. The cost goes up and keeps going up. Unlocking an Advanced Scout DROPS that cost by a good bit.

This IS ~common sense~ and not all that hard.

Games are sometimes set up where the player has to figure things out on their own and not be handed a step by step guide to playing. Elvenar is one of those games. Ring numbers ARE visible. You just have figure it out. This has been stated a few times by various Mods as well as players. When you scout a province the indicator for what ring it is in has to do with how many ranking points you get for beating an encounter.

DeletedUser4417

My opinion of wonders, I have 7 completed, 6 of them I refuse to build, the 1 I did, was a mistake. AW's were made for one purpose, to slow your progress down and to consume vast quantities of kp's. So that it takes you years longer to get thought the tree, and because some fed them and maxed them there solution add more lvls. Foolish mortals.o_O:eek::(

Go ahead feed them it will take you years to finish, Inno venus fly trap :)
39 endless excavation shard.
Well that is your opinion but have to say that you are wrong.

You claim it is to add years to the game and soak up KP's? lolololol

I've had the AW Golden Abyss a grand total of 4 days and in that time I have upgraded it already. In that same time I have likewise upgraded two researches and am working on a third. How you might ask? Simple. Get you Fellowship involved for one thing. Explain the benefits of helping and that the top few contributors gain shards and KP's. Next is splitting the KP's you get each day. Half go to the wonder and half go to a research. Do the same thing with KP's you get for conquering provinces. Then there is Tournaments and the last bit is neighborly help. This is more random but each day I get an average of 2 KP as I do the rounds of Fellowship and those I have discovered.

When I reach a point where I cannot unlock a research due to not having the needed goods, I donate some KP's to my neighbors and FS members. Had two of them pay out yesterday with 5 KP each. Not bad for only putting in 2 KP per person. So have to call BS on the claim of adding years. Now maybe if a person has several AW's that are upwards of 200 KP to upgrade each one that might be true. Might be. We shall see.

DeletedUser2870

@Iyapo
Yes, I have a lot of runes inserted in the ones I'm not going to build. But once that ring is full, I'll either have to build it and tear it down again to fill it up...and then probably not get it filled again. And that is if I had the space to build them.

I have a ridiculous amount of runes of the wonders I already have built. But I'm not going to use them much either. In order to need them I need to bring the wonder up to lvl 5 to fill the ring again, or way beyond that. There's NO WAY I'm going to spend my kp's on that while I still have over half of the first part of the woodelf tech to research.
That makes all of the runes pretty much useless, which is why I'd like to see the magic academy get the ability to break runes into shards, or transform them in some way, or some way to trade them.

But let's say I would want to build one of the orc wonders. I have 2 runes in each of them. The chance of getting a shard for the one I would want to build is now 1 in 14. I need 20, since a lot will break. So to complete that one wonder I would need to gain about 20 x 14 =280 runes (and if it was random, add something like 10%) So I need to gain about 300 runes. That will pretty much take forever.

Then there is the 'random' factor. I filed a ticket with support early on, since I seem to get disproportional many runes of the AW's I already have up, but they claim the chance is equal for any rune.
There's 14 AW's now. I have built 5. So my chances of getting one for an AW I don't have up should be 9 out of 14. On average of course, but that is close to 2 out of 3.
And yet, out of the last 53 runes I got 37 for the 5 AW's I already have.

On my other world I have unlocked only 10 wonders, and 5 built. So chances should be 50%
And yet, out of the last 18 runes, 14 were for the wonders I had already built.

If on 2 separate worlds on different servers in different countries the percentage is that far off, I would say there is a bug. Chances of one person on 2 worlds getting such off chance numbers of runes are so small they're hardly statistically relevant or useable.
And I have at least 2 FS-members on both worlds with the same problem. We now keep track of it, but chances of that are really astronomical if the chance on any rune was alike.

Btw, I'd like to hear from other players if they have the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3297

Each time you upgrade any wonder, the KP cost for the next level increases. This means that it will take several thousand KP to get one wonder to max level. So if you split your KP between wonders and the tech tree, it will take you years. This also means that your progress on the tech tree is limited. I for one, will upgrade my wonders through our fellowship endless donation chain when I am stuck on the tech tree, otherwise all my focus is on the tech :)

I do have a neighbor who keeps dumping KP in my Abyss and it is at level 6 right now, just because of him. Will I return the favor when he gets his wonder built? No..

Edit: I had 48 runes for the Abyss and after I leveled it to 6 I have 12 left.
I also have 38 Tomb runes.
I have completed 22 provinces after unlocking Forgotten ancient wonders tech and for that I have only received 1 rune for the Thrones of High Men

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The cost goes up and keeps going up. Unlocking an Advanced Scout DROPS that cost by a good bit.
Yes, when you get an advanced scout tech you see a pop-up saying -25% scout costs.
You DO NOT get told that future provinces scouted will have fewer troops.
You joined the game a month ago, AFTER this was revealed, and has been discussed on the forums non-stop since then.
Of course things seem obvious to you--for the 99.98% of players that aren't on the forums, and the many players that started before you? Not so much.

So have to call BS on the claim of adding years.
The assumption has to be that you are contributing to your fellow wonders as much as they are to yours, or close to it, otherwise you are relying on being "pushed".
The KP rewards are about 10% of the total KP needed to upgrade a wonder.
Check the wiki, add up all of the levels, it's about 4,000-6,000 KP to level 15 depending on which wonder (and soon there will be 20 levels available)
16 wonders X 5,000 KP is 80,000 KP
So yeah, about a decade to level all of the wonders. And after they up it to level 20 that should double.

DeletedUser4417

Yes, when you get an advanced scout tech you see a pop-up saying -25% scout costs.
You DO NOT get told that future provinces scouted will have fewer troops.
You joined the game a month ago, AFTER this was revealed, and has been discussed on the forums non-stop since then.
Of course things seem obvious to you--for the 99.98% of players that aren't on the forums, and the many players that started before you? Not so much.

The assumption has to be that you are contributing to your fellow wonders as much as they are to yours, or close to it, otherwise you are relying on being "pushed".
The KP rewards are about 10% of the total KP needed to upgrade a wonder.
Check the wiki, add up all of the levels, it's about 4,000-6,000 KP to level 15 depending on which wonder (and soon there will be 20 levels available)
16 wonders X 5,000 KP is 80,000 KP
So yeah, about a decade to level all of the wonders. And after they up it to level 20 that should double.

Problem is this. As it stands right now with all the chapters and tech it requires 12,514 KP to unlock everything from start to finish. In a years time JUST with getting the 24 a day and spending it only on the research, it would all be completed in 1 year, 5 months, 6 days. That is without doing any neighborly help and without collecting a single chest that pops up as you do neighborly help and without accounting for any Tournements, Province encounters etc. If one factors in collecting a mere 1 kp per day for neighborly help, 8 per week for just conquering one province a week that amount of time is reduced drastically and that is not even taking into account tournaments.

As it stands right now a person could donate half of their KP to AW's from day one and still complete all available researches in not quite 3 years. Once all researches are done there is nothing BUT AW's to invest in until something new comes along so the quote of adding years is quite wrong.

DeletedUser2963

Yes, I have a lot of runes inserted in the ones I'm not going to build. But once that ring is full, I'll either have to build it and tear it down again to fill it up...

I have a ridiculous amount of runes of the wonders I already have built. But I'm not going to use them much either. In order to need them I need to bring the wonder up to lvl 5 to fill the ring again
I had not considered this. I only built one wonder. So every single rune I get for the other wonders- I look at as a potential broken shard. But having the MA convert them would be a really useful feature.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As it stands right now a person could donate half of their KP to AW's from day one and still complete all available researches in not quite 3 years.
And donating half of your KP to AW would not even finish 3 wonders to level 15, let alone 8 wonders to level 20.
Tech tree 12,000KP= 1 year
Total of all wonders to level 20 ~160,000 KP

Even in your example: no AW = 1 year, half KP donated to AW = 3 years. How is that not "adding years"?

I have a ridiculous amount of runes of the wonders I already have built.
The possible fixes are many, the suggestions I recall are:
  1. Allow us to try and insert runes into full rings witha 100% fail rate, thereby turning runes into broken shards- without having to do the build>teardown>fill technique
  2. Have the MA convert runes from one type to another (randomly for a low price, and/or specific conversion for a higher price)
  3. Allow us to use unwanted runes as a 20 KP donation to someone else's wonder
  4. Give rune drops from provinces/tournaments a stronger weighting towards wonders without full rings
  5. Use wholesaler to convert runes at whatever ratio is deemed appropriate
I'm sure there were a couple more, but I can't remember them just now

Last edited:

DeletedUser43

I think we all face the ancient wonder debacle. When they nerfed the battling and made tournament provinces so much harder to win, that effectively did away with my one reliable source for runes. I was stuck before they added the tournament and runes, and I am stuck again. I say uncle to the whole system.

And of course, whenever you work your tail off and dump thousands of kp into other people's wonders just so you can win a rune or two you desperately need, they nerf something and the wonder you worked for 6 months to build is suddenly not important to you. You start to feel like Charlie Brown kicking the football.

DeletedUser1016

Btw, I'd like to hear from other players if they have the same problem.
Yes Dhurrin, definitely having the same problem. There are way too many Ancient Wonders now, which dilutes the rune pool and makes it excruciatingly & painfully frustrating when trying to complete one. I wish they made the research of each of these optional, then you could only open the one's a player is interested in and increase your odds of getting the runes a person wants. This was suggested MANY times on the forum, but fell on deaf ears [again].
As it stands right now a person could donate half of their KP to AW's from day one and still complete all available researches in not quite 3 years. Once all researches are done there is nothing BUT AW's to invest in until something new comes along so the quote of adding years is quite wrong.
Lionsmane, you are just being argumentative....You are wrong on this fact.
Even in your example: no AW = 1 year, half KP donated to AW = 3 years. How is that not "adding years"?
SoggyShorts - you are quite right and obviously speak from a more informed position.
I think we all face the ancient wonder debacle. When they nerfed the battling and made tournament provinces so much harder to win, that effectively did away with my one reliable source for runes.
Exactly Bobbykitty, there are not enough available runes, especially now with the battle revisions. It was difficult enough to get runes before, now it's crazy hard. I get them from the tournaments, but I've got an advantage being a more "seasoned" player. I pity the intermediate players really, they have a real challenge when it comes to getting runes, especially the Elven Wonders....