• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.18

DeletedUser4417

Lionsmane, you are just being argumentative....You are wrong on this fact.

Wrong you say? Ok, let's look at the facts here osideglen.

A person earns 24 KP a day. In one year that person would earn, JUST from the hourly, 8,760 KP. Fact.

Currently in the research tree, from start to finish, it takes 12,514 KP to complete all the researches from chapter I clear through to the end of the Wood Elves chapter. Fact.

A Dividing the 8,760 KP per year in half gives a figure of 4,380. Fact.

12,514 divided by 4,380 is 2.857 which translates roughly into 2 years, 10 months and a few days. Fact.

My original statement was that as it stood right now a person could donate roughly half of their KP to AW's from day one and still complete all researches in roughly three years. Which is entirely, 100% accurate.

The person that is wrong here, is you.

The part I did not correct Soggy on was that in doing it this way it, at most, adds on 1.7 years to the time. At most, and this does not even take into account additional KP's for neighborly help, any provinces that are completed, tournaments or anything else that generates KP's. Heck doing JUST a modest 3 provinces a week would generate an additional 1,248 KP and that is not doing many provinces at all. So tell me again how I am wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Lionsmane
The original statement was that leveling wonders will add years to how long it takes to KP through the tech tree.
Your garbage example doesn't even get a single wonder to level 20
Keep back-peddling and arguing semantics all you want the FACT is that leveling the KP tree takes just over a year, and leveling all the wonders takes over a decade of daily KP.

DeletedUser43

My original statement was that as it stood right now a person could donate roughly half of their KP to AW's from day one and still complete all researches in roughly three years. Which is entirely, 100% accurate.

Oh, you can RESEARCH all the ancient wonders in the tech tree. No problem. BUILDING them is another matter entirely. You theoretically might never be able to build one. You could get all crystal lighthouse runes over a ten year period and never be able to build any of the others.

In our experience, it is getting harder and harder to build the new ones you do want. Also, as stated earlier, in our experience, game "updates" 0ften make a given wonder less useful than it was before, so even if you go nuts trying to get that one built, you might not want it once you get it.
Wonders take up space and this game is all about space. What was a great space trade off before, might become totally not worth it with some new game change.

I started the orc chapter the day it came out. I now have a whopping 2 runes for the orc wonders. I have over 100 for the martial monastery. I would have over 200 for the crystal lighthouse, but I keep building and breaking it just so I can maybe make use of the broken shards. I might never get the orc runes and if I do, by that time, it won't be all that useful to have things that I needed way way way back in the orc chapter, because by the time I do get them built, I will have long said goodbye to that dreadful section.

PLUS, they keep adding tons of stupid levels to these things meaning you have to KEEP trying to get all the runes necessary to level them up!!! It took me 39 runes to level up one wonder!! 39 freaking runes!

PLUS....you have NO ROOM to put them anywhere even if you do get through the gauntlet and get them built! Remember the goldilocks zone?

Soggy...maybe you can make a nice diagram with the elven architect and see just how small a city you are supposed to have in the goldilocks zone and then toss in all the wonders and see if you have any room left for a city?

DeletedUser4417

@Lionsmane
The original statement was that leveling wonders will add years to how long it takes to KP through the tech tree.
Your garbage example doesn't even get a single wonder to level 20
Keep back-peddling and arguing semantics all you want the FACT is that leveling the KP tree takes just over a year, and leveling all the wonders takes over a decade of daily KP.
Noone has backpedaled yet.

But ok, let's look at things.

Daily KP automatic: 8760
Neighborly help average per day x365: 365
3 Provinces a week: 1248

10,373 KP

All Techs researched 12,514
Your quoted number for maxing all AW's: 80,000 KP

92,514 KP

It would take a little under 9 years to complete all current research AND max out all current AW's using the above and just the above. Care to try again Soggy? I can revise what I have here to reflect how it is actually done but that will reduce the time appropriately.

@Bobbykitty Yeah, it was a bit rough getting the shards for the Golden Abyss. As it is of the 4 I can research, I built one and am close to completing the other 3 and have extra shards built up in the Golden Abyss, enough to maybe upgrade it once I hit level 5 on it. We'll see.

They do need to do something about the shards..

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I think we can all agree, it will take a long time to upgrade all the wonders, so its a good idea to only build the ones you will use, I don't think I will be still playing 9 or 10 years from now. Or even 4 or 5 if you add in heavy playing tourny kps and donations from players that want that wonder, but they might have a way to trade unusable rune shards by then!:p

SoggyShorts

Care to try again Soggy?
Yep, easily: I estimated 80,000 to level 15 as the wiki hasn't updated to 20, so you can DOUBLE that for 160,000 so neener neener
16 wonders X 5,000 KP is 80,000 KP
So yeah, about a decade to level all of the wonders. And after they up it to level 20 that should double.

Soggy...maybe you can make a nice diagram with the elven architect and see just how small a city you are supposed to have in the goldilocks zone and then toss in all the wonders and see if you have any room left for a city?
You meant "OR" right? o_O A well functioning city is totally possible in the goldilocks zone up to the end of chapter 6 (maybe further but I'm not there yet) If you want (lots of)wonders that's a different story....thankfully(?) some wonders are very bad so you don't have to feel bad for not having the room to place them lol

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It was difficult enough to get runes before, now it's crazy hard. I get them from the tournaments, but I've got an advantage being a more "seasoned" player. I pity the intermediate players really, they have a real challenge when it comes to getting runes

I have towns at different levels and I have found the earlier player have the advantage not the later era ones. I wouldn't say it is a huge advantage, it is more noticeable if they plan their town more for tournaments but there are sacrifices to doing that too.

PLUS....you have NO ROOM to put them anywhere even if you do get through the gauntlet and get them built! Remember the goldilocks zone?

I suspect you can't do this with all wonders and that comment can depend very much on era (maybe race but doubtful). You do however have room for several wonders in the goldilocks zone. I would have to check towns and eras but anywhere from 3-5 wonders should be a fairly safe comment. That is still with a strong economy and some military. I am working on a section in the guide for towns at different eras in the goldilocks zone as examples of 1 possible option. The main idea is more to look at the "zoning" of the town.

I think we can all agree, it will take a long time to upgrade all the wonders

Agreed :) I would love to see more events like the summer solstice with the 50KP packets, was so nice to have them to power up a wonder a little bit. Let's hope Santa puts something nice in our elvenar stockings ;)

Edit: Soggy it is very easy to have a goldilocks town up to era 8 with wonders. I have an example in my guide, although it was earlier in era 8 it still has not issues even as it closes in on wood elves.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I just added all the wonder KP for level 15
5198 ToS
4060 GA
5738 EE
5028 Needle
6649 MM
6495 CLH
5738 WT
6495 Throne
7163 Bulwark
5738 Prosp
6649 Hero
5738 Shrine
???? woodelf 1
???? woodelf 2
------
5,890 average
I'd expect wood elf wonders to be average or higher
I'm also willing to bet that in the time it would take to get all wonders to level 20 there would be more wonders and wonder levels added
Edit: Soggy it is very easy to have a goldilocks town up to era 8 with wonders. I have an example in my guide, although it was earlier in era 8 it still has not issues even as it closes in on wood elves.
Good to know =)
Up to dwarven wonders there's only 3 I like, and I seem to have room for them so far

DeletedUser4417

LOLOLOL....:confused: 9 years!!! Well, I guess you're right...apparently you need to be.
*Chuckle* No osideglen, it's just a simple matter of calling bull when another person spews it. It's not about being right.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@Lionsmane you say 9 he says 10, I don't see a big difference really and the point is no one would be able to build them all with the space we have at the moment anyway so that's what is bull, the amount of space and the rewards received with most wonders arn't worth the space to build them. IMO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4417

@Lionsmane you say 9 he says 10, I don't see a big difference really and the point is no one would be able to build them all with the space we have at the moment anyway so that's is what is bull, the amount of space and the rewards received with most wonders arn't worth the space to build them. IMO.
Honestly can't see a person building them all anyways. I read over the ones that were there prior to Wood Elves and to be honest I could only see a few that I would build and work with. Those would mainly be the ones that give either a pop or culture or military bonus. The others just don't seem to be worth the bother. Interesting but not much beyond that.

SoggyShorts

it's just a simple matter of calling bull when another person spews it.

you say 9 he says 10
And he's still wrong, since he did not factor in leveling wonders from 15-20 but good luck getting him to admit that.
When you first joined the forums @Lionsmane I found myself agreeing with you on many things, but your unwillingness to concede when you are wrong makes it really annoying to discuss things with you.