• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.18

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I have noticed this update seems to highlight troops your choice is good and neutral against. I have looked at it too fast, does it distinguish between this or are less informed players meant to guess/know the difference. It could lead to some misleading information and poorer unit choices as a result of the confusion.
You are right it highlights both and there is no distinguishing one from the other, but the pop up that comes after you hover for a moment does tell you.

DeletedUser1208

Has anyone else noticed that they have "Lost expansion". I had close to 240 expansion before the update.Now I only have 216? There are a few other people in w3 that have noticed this too.

Attachments

• expansion 1.jpg
    expansion 1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 101

DeletedUser4366

• Squad Size (SS) 1140 v 826 - 1032 Nasty thief x3 and 1032 Wily bandit. Lost 146 Granite Golems on auto
  • SS 1140 v 898 - 375 Orc general II, 749 Nasty Thief, 749 Wily Bandit x4. Lost 121 Granite Golems on auto
  • SS 1140 v 892 - 372 Orc general II x3, 743 Nasty Thief x2, 743 Wily Bandit. Lost 43 Granite Golems, 1106 Elite Archer on auto

o_OUmmmm didn't you write the combat manual???? o_O

And yes, squad sizing for you is crazy good.

DeletedUser3297

And yes, squad sizing for you is crazy good.

That squadsize is good, but not crazy good. That's about where most battles should be as long as you are within your "zone"

Here is what a crazy good squadsize looks like ;)
Gv05FyP.png

When you scout in one direction until squads are even or a little bit higher and you wait until the next scout unlock, you face situations like I posted above for the next 10 to 15 provinces. I found this works best. Scout one way until battles become really hard (but winnable) then unlock the next scout and repeat the process, but in the opposite direction.

DeletedUser4778

We're in the same chapter but I don't have unscouted provinces in the rings you mentioned except maybe for a couple in Ring 6. No squad size upgrades either. I outnumber only a couple of the troops in Ring 7, including those scouted after Advanced Scouts. Also, despite outnumbering some Ring 6 encounters, I cannot beat the bloody 7 squads of abbots and 1 steinling. I already calculated my losses for each of my open encounters and, if my simulations are right, I will lose around half my troops per encounter. I just used up most of my treants in the current tourney with good results: 100+ silk relics and increased production of 4000+ per day. And it's not the end of the tourney yet but I'm almost completely out of Groots so I won't be able go as far as I would like. I was hoping to get another expansion once I finish granite mine research but I super exceeded my goal in this tourney so I may delay that until the next marble tourney. I am almost completely certain now that I will reserve my troops for tourneys from now on which will help me gain more goods for province negotiations.

Btw, I just saw a Lv23 wood elves barracks. I thought it was a swimming pool! :eek:

DeletedUser2963

366 vs 489 is the largest squad size that I can find in my open provinces in ring 7 but it is a 4 squad. 489 thief II x3, 122 knight II x1. I can take that easy. Not a scroll province obviously...;)

Smallest that I see is an 8 squad 366 vs 203. 51 steinling x1, 34 Canoneer II x6, 203 wild archer II x1. I can take that too, but not easy. Those canoneers just suck!

These are not actually the smallest or the largest in overall count, just apparent smallest and largest if you just look at Squad Size on the battle screen. Which can be kind of deceptive. Can't wait till I get squad size up grades for the chapter.

Of Course I also have a province open in ring 12:confused: 366 vs 3570 also a 4 squad. 3570 Wily Bandit x1, 1785 Mutated Orc General x2, 3570 Feral Wild Archer x1:eek:

That one is just gonna sit there till I get some orcs to cater with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

What kind of steep learning curve are they on?
  • If the opponents only have a few squads, then each squad will have a lot of (weighted) units
  • If the opponent has a lot of squads, then each squad will have fewer (weighted) units
  • There are more TOTAL troops if you have a lot of squads, but the increases are linear and fairly reasonable
The MAIN difference is that you can zerg a few units, but if you're up against multiple squads you have to play defensively and pick off the most vulnerable squads, one at a time, until you can match the firepower of the remaining opponents.

MORE opposing squads are just as easy to beat as fewer opposing squads, but you have to play a waiting game.

DeletedUser5237

These 2 wonders (like almost all others) are poor excuses for wasting your space in your city. They need to revamp wonders to be deserved called wonders. As of now, you could do a lot better (score and production) just building regular buildings instead of these so called wonders. I built Sanctuary only because you cannot get troops HP boost from regular buildings and I had KPs I could not use while waiting for next guest race. But even this one hit a point od diminishing returns after level 11. Now I built Mountain Halls but I regret wasting my space for it. I just could have built another "goods building" and get more score and more goods than I get from it at level 6. If someone could get it to lvl20 instantly that it would make sense, but to get it there by dumping your KPs will take years. However, fully leveling regular buildings take only a few days to get more benefits than from wonders.

All the other wonders are garbage. I could make a list of laughing benefits of all wonders. For example, I could make more units in barracks in one hour than in several days in all wonders giving you free troops. Do not build them unless they improve them in the future patches, make them smaller, or they cut the number of KPs needed to level them to 25% of the current amount and triple the contribution rewards (and deposit the KPs into your inventory, instead of dumping them into your KP bar in the middle of night so you end up with no additional benefit in the morning).

New to the game (2 weeks) I have to invoke "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask" - What is a KP?

DeletedUser4778

• If the opponents only have a few squads, then each squad will have a lot of (weighted) units
  • If the opponent has a lot of squads, then each squad will have fewer (weighted) units
  • There are more TOTAL troops if you have a lot of squads, but the increases are linear and fairly reasonable
The MAIN difference is that you can zerg a few units, but if you're up against multiple squads you have to play defensively and pick off the most vulnerable squads, one at a time, until you can match the firepower of the remaining opponents.

MORE opposing squads are just as easy to beat as fewer opposing squads, but you have to play a waiting game.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with some of your points considering the armies I've faced and am facing now. The increases are not reasonable at all. A squad size increase from 366 to 717 in one province alone is in no way reasonable for me especially since the only way I can get a squad size of 717 is to research the 3rd squad size tech in Fairies. Perhaps that's reasonable for you but it's not for me and I find the jump in numbers to be too steep.

You can play a defensive game at times against multiple squads but there are times when you cannot, especially with range units and mages where getting backed into a corner often proves fatal especially now with the nerfing of the sorceress.

While it's true that there are often fewer weighted units when there are more squads, this is not always the case (especially in Magic Dust provinces where abbots, steinlings, and enchantresses are the norm) and, even when it is, the total number of troops is actually often NOT fewer as I've detailed in other threads.

More opposing squads are not as easy to beat because they have more attacks, strikebacks (if they're melee or have distance strikebacks such as the thornrose mage), and they can corner you more easily. Again, a waiting or defensive game here does not always work.

dikke ikke

if you pronounce thinking with a very heavy german accent, it sound like sinking :D

I am happy with the way the changed the strength of the opponents in the tournaments. For the first time I was able to finish 6 provinces completely and ended on the 5th spot in Felyndral. At the moment I am in general at spot 402 and at fairy level. The top 4 in the tournament are all in general top 50 players, probably in orcs or wood elves level. So I guess that everybody in fairy level or above should be able to do 6 provinces to 4 stars mainly using autofight and if you loose a fight switch to catering for that fight only, it means you only have to manually fight for 5 and 6 stars and do some catering if it gets to hard/impossible. Tournaments are my main source of kp, relics, runes and point but it slows down my ability to fight provinces.

DeletedUser2870

The change was nice, but still I'm not really impressed.
Before the changes I would play 5-6 provinces in all tournaments to the max, and then a few more further out for a few rounds. Except my bonusgoods, where I would take the time and effort to bring about 8-10 provinces to the max and some more for a few rounds.
Now, it is really hard to play 5 or 6 provinces to the max and beyond that I'm not even going to try.

DeletedUser4796

Thank you for the diamonds in the Cyber Monday giveaway, much appreciated. :)

DeletedUser5434

Woo hoo, thanks so much for the diamonds!!! You guys rock! :):p:D