• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Tools

• Thread starter DeletedUser4881
  • Start date

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Wow, sorry to break up all the fun you guys are having, but a suggestion from the forum here has never been sent to the Dev's for them to do anything with anyway (ever since I have been here anyway). If it was on the beta forum and it gets enough votes it will, but here it is mostly to amuse ourselves with. So taking this thread too serious is not going to make much difference. But now I do wonder if making the hands glow in the fellowship list as to who help me previously in the last 24 hours and telling me that a certain player has took my trades or visited me (with the name, time and date) showing up as a notification is against the law! LMAO.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I totally disagree

qo6iol.png

Too late, no backsies!:D

DeletedUser2274

Wow, sorry to break up all the fun you guys are having, but a suggestion from the forum here has never been sent to the Dev's for them to do anything with anyway (ever since I have been here anyway). If it was on the beta forum and it gets enough votes it will, but here it is mostly to amuse ourselves with. So taking this thread to serious is not going to make much difference. But now I do wonder if making the hands glow in the fellowship list as to who help me previously in the last 24 hours and telling me that a certain player has took my trades or visited me, showing up as a notification is against the law! LMAO.

Or even here in the forum where it says "[Player] was last seen: Viewing forum list, A moment ago". Lol.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Good thought, although you can hide from them features, here on the forum. But in game you can't, I would imagine you sign away any rights to privacy about in game activity when you join, so they can show investors how many and how often players are playing, and show the notifications to us all ingame.

DeletedUser2191

When I registered for this game, I was never required to provide real life name or address. If there was a legal concern for privacy based on international web laws, then the /who function who not of been created. All the statistics available in the game are viewable by everyone within the fellowship. Just takes some time and effort to crunch some numbers. There is no privacy concern to worry about.

Even without any additional tools, we can see scores, figure out growth, know approximately when someone was last on or visited. Trade activity is a little trickier as trades can be posted and accepted while you are offline. I think the whole purposes of suggesting such tools whatever they may be is so that the game does the tracking and calculating for us versus having to manually do it ourselves.

If any such tools were to be developed, I think it should be a feature accessible only by the Archmage since only 1 person can hold this position. While doing world map visits and looking at different FS'es, I have seen groups where everyone had a mage position.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When I registered for this game, I was never required to provide real life name or address. If there was a legal concern for privacy based on international web laws, then the /who function who not of been created. All the statistics available in the game are viewable by everyone within the fellowship. Just takes some time and effort to crunch some numbers. There is no privacy concern to worry about.
The statistics currently available in game are not what anyone is disagreeing about. It's the request for additional data like a list of weekly logins (or though not explicit in the request, times of logins as revealed by the times/instances of helping fellows)

Nothing is ever a security issue until it turns out the ID server has been hacked (which never happens to big companies like Inno, only bit players like Yahoo and Sony) and someone has a list of email addresses and credit cards tied to a list of the ip addresses when/where they logged in for the last 7 days which was being collected not because the game needs it, but because arch mages want it even though a given individual might not be in a fellowship or have an arch mage who wants the data. So there's no issue because if someone buys that stolen data, all they've got that they didn't have before is a quick lookup for the person's city and what times they tend to be home.

And since that's all just conspiracy theory, and has no relationship to why Countries are passing laws that tell companies not to collect any data they don't have to, it can be safely ignored, and me written off as just wanting something to argue about.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Ashrem
Do people hack Sony and Yahoo, gathering all of their credit card information and email addresses so they can plan a home invasion?
Really? Kinda strange mix of white and blue collar crime....
Your Elvenar log in schedule isn't even enough information to know if you are home or not.
Shouldn't we have read about a 100,000% increasse in home invasions after 1 billion yahoo accounts were hacked? lol let it go man. I like you but you're being silly about this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2191

The statistics currently available in game are not what anyone is disagreeing about. It's the request for additional data like a list of weekly logins (or though not explicit in the request, times of logins as revealed by the times/instances of helping fellows)

Nothing is ever a security issue until it turns out the ID server has been hacked (which never happens to big companies like Inno, only bit players like Yahoo and Sony) and someone has a list of email addresses and credit cards tied to a list of the ip addresses when/where they logged in for the last 7 days which was being collected not because the game needs it, but because arch mages want it even though a given individual might not be in a fellowship or have an arch mage who wants the data. So there's no issue because if someone buys that stolen data, all they've got that they didn't have before is a quick lookup for the person's city and what times they tend to be home.

And since that's all just conspiracy theory, and has no relationship to why Countries are passing laws that tell companies not to collect any data they don't have to, it can be safely ignored, and me written off as just wanting something to argue about.

Any game I have played over my years, the hosting or distributing company always had a separate server for cash shop sales where any payment option details are held. A company would be foolish not to. As I said, when I registered, didn't have to provide real name or address. a time stamped tool is not going to reveal this either, it would be based off of the game server time. I could log in at 7 pm server time but I'm actually living in a country that is 18 hours ahead or behind. Now if someone was to hack onto the cash shop server, then players who buy diamonds would have a concern.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Any game I have played over my years, the hosting or distributing company always had a separate server for cash shop sales where any payment option details are held. A company would be foolish not to. As I said, when I registered, didn't have to provide real name or address. a time stamped tool is not going to reveal this either, it would be based off of the game server time. I could log in at 7 pm server time but I'm actually living in a country that is 18 hours ahead or behind. Now if someone was to hack onto the cash shop server, then players who buy diamonds would have a concern.
None of which addresses the fact that privacy advocates, and many countries laws indicate that companies should not collect any more information than they need, and should require opt-in for any data that is being passed to other parties. I didn't set out to school anyone in how dangerous the internet is. I simply provided my, personal, reasons why I think any such information should be optional.
guys, what did you do to this innocent thread?? :eek:
We discussed the idea of Inno providing Arch mages with data about players activity, and whether that should be default or opt-in.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

noted

DeletedUser5869

Also, I seem to have forgotten how to properly resize images using BB code xD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Is he just arguing with himself now?" Internet debates style "B": Instead of countering the opposition's facts and opinions with your own facts and opinions, attack their character via such examples as terminology "Spam, Troll, Just looking for an argument, Silly" or quoting them out of context in an attempt to make them look foolish.

It worked very well for the recent presidential election. That doesn't make people nice for doing it.