• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser9723

This quest is absurd... Pay 500 elixer... yer incapable yet of building Tier 3 Goods... theres no option to discard the quest so your stopped doing the untimed quests..

Trade? The amount of Tier 1 or 2 goods presuming those with Elixer want to trade Tier 3 for Tier 1 or 2 be substantive.

its not so much the need to get Elixer if cant built it is that 500 is a huge amount for a measly 17 beets

Now if it was 100 or less it be more reasonable... for Tier 3 500 should be for tier 1 goods like marble, wood or steel

I think theres a masochist on the team that thought up this event, must be also the one in charge of setting it up, only a masochist would do this

dikke ikke

Yes this quest was not fun and not rewarding. I was hoping (as many with me) to be able to upgrade glossy gardens, but none of the pol/culture buildings was good enough. I have to go to my worse case strategy now to continue S&D level. With the previous events there were still buildings worth saving snowflakes, eggs, whatever for. Now NONE, I will have to give all my beets for rainbow unicorns :(. The top dog in my FS was at S&D level when the Easter event was running, he could go 8K negative on pop and still recuperate from it afterwards due to nice buildings. I can not go 8K negative on pop anymore, and fill the gap in 4 weeks. Some changes that are made to close loop holes are too drastic.

DeletedUser8259

In Ceravyn I'm still on Quest #30, Pay a Good Amount of Elixer, 500.

I have 5.

The good news is, I just opened the research for Elixer so I can build one, possibly even BEFORE the event is over ... not that I can produce that much ... or would throw it away if I did.

Mucksterme, you are my hero for all of your diligent efforts to make this nightmare go away, shedding the bright light of morning hope upon Elvenar. *insert unicorns pooping rainbows*

;)

DeletedUser3122

Been playing this game for over a year and this is truly the most grueling and frustrating event they've had. Everyone used to be totally jazzed up and couldn't wait for the events. Half the people in my FS abandoned it and won't complete it and it's brought down the mood significantly. People are grumbling in chat every day even when I try to stay positive. I don't mind the grumbling, it's completely understandable. But I mind that Inno has made people feel like this.

I just wonder, what were you thinking Inno? Not only does the amount of goods you require in the event drain the storage of goods for lower ranked players significantly (almost to 0) but it places a huge and heavy burden on trades for the upper ranked members in our FS and among our neighbors. Not only that but folks in chapters 1 & 2 don't even produce T2, let alone T3 goods so the only way they could do this is by cross tier trades.

Now maybe Inno wants to encourage non-boosted cities that also have no choice but to post cross tier trade. But those of us running FSs that work as a team with trading, this is completely counterproductive and you know it Inno. The more active FSs tend to disallow cross tier and nonboosted cities. Yet here you are encouraging it.

The lowest ranked players can't produce enough tools and are doing all they can to do it but coming up short for extensive periods. For me, in the halflings chapter, tools aren't so much of an issue yet but with the halflings chapter being tools intensive, that is completely uncalled for to require 1.2 million tools (and that's only for that particular quest). Really?

But I have a second account that's now in the fairy chapter that I use for experimentation. I'm not trying to finish the event at all, and have totally abandoned it. But the quest for needing tools was up. I was doing my regular amount of productions - 3 hours during the day and 9 hours overnight. It took me 4 days to get the tools. What about people who have full time jobs? They would do even worse because they can't do 3 hour rounds.

A game should be rewarding while challenging. If it becomes too challenging, some people just give up in frustration.

If you want to slow down people playing the game, some don't mind at all. They will continue plodding along. They will buy the extra goods with diamonds if they get impatient. I just think this event happened to push some people over the edge to not play anymore.

DeletedUser8187

I didn't mind the pay out coins/goods to much. I would like to see the amounts reduced a bit, more so for people who can't produce those higher tier goods. Completing them the second time around took more time to finish. But I didn't have to sit in front of my computer for hours. I could go and get real life things done.

I don't see why INNO wanted to slow everyone down. Is it such a big issue if some people can finish it in a week. I'm sure the vast majority of people will take the whole time to finish. Those people who finish quickly aren't going to stop playing. Those people are still challenged-trying to find the quickest way to finish it. The rest of us can have a better chance to finish it as well.

DeletedUser8259

I don't see why INNO wanted to slow everyone down.

Well, on the one video I watched, they said they wanted to discourage people from building big cities because it slows down older computers.

Here's how I look at that: Back in the day, I wanted to play Second Life but my computer wouldn't do the graphics-intensive site. So I saved and bought a better computer. I'm on a fixed income, and was then, so this wasn't something that was a breeze for me but it was how I chose to spend my entertainment dollars.

Personally, I would rather see 10 well-crafted cities on my neighborhood map than 100 that have been abandoned after a few buildings. Granted, those abandoned cities load faster but to what purpose?

DeletedUser7686

The entire purpose of the game is to build up your city, but they say they want to discourage that?

The would have to make Tournaments and Events much more compelling, or add an entirely different sub-game to accomplish that.

Because if I am not mistaken, last week they offered me both a bonus on Diamond purchases AND a discount on Expansions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am on 58 and have the first and second big prizes, and this will be the first event I have not finished in 18 months...
Every event there are a few voices chanting "This event sucks, I'm gonna skip it" but it sure feels different this time. Heck, I've been on quest #89 for over a week with no plans on finishing it. I'm not at the point of quitting over it, but only because so many of us have given the same feedback that I've convinced myself that the devs will listen.

Buttrflwr

I am on 58 and have the first and second big prizes, and this will be the first event I have not finished in 18 months...

Every event there are a few voices chanting "This event sucks, I'm gonna skip it" but it sure feels different this time. Heck, I've been on quest #89 for over a week with no plans on finishing it. I'm not at the point of quitting over it, but only because so many of us have given the same feedback that I've convinced myself that the devs will listen.

Wow...I don't have a lot of time for the forum these days, but apparently MANY feel the same way I do, just on this last page. This IS the first event I REFUSE to finish. I am OCD, and don't quit, but I got to #90 and said, WTH? You want over 70k of my VERY hard earned T3 goods, for 60 measly sugar beets mind you, when EVERYTHING in woodelves wants massive amounts of T3 goods? Not to mention tourney catering. Come ON @innogames what is WRONG with you guys? This is supposed to be FUN, this quest has been grueling, with very little reward. It seems like even the amounts to open the chests are higher this time, with a lot less reward. Where are the cult/pop buildings that we higher players NEED in our cities for space reduction? Where are the mana buildings that we higher players NEED in our cities for advancement? I do buy diamonds occasionally because I believe in supporting the development of the game, but where is MY support??? It seems you do your darndest to thwart and frustrate your oldest player base at every turn. Granted I am not really your "oldest" player base, having been here just short of a year, but look around you... many of THOSE players have QUIT IN FRUSTRATION!! WHY?? You should be asking yourself that. Actually, you don't have to, just READ THE FEEDBACK, and adjust accordingly. Many of the things we have been asking you for that would REALLY help us have been shuttled to the back of the pile, never to be seen again. We get to vote on polls, and then they are sent to the devs, yet we never see those ideas again. Then you come out with a quest line like this one. Good grief. Try playing like a regular Joe for once, without access to unlimited space and resources and see how YOU LIKE IT! You won't be so quick to make a trader with ridiculous trade ratios between tiered goods, or have ridiculously large buildings, or...well, nvm. I digress. This quest was AWFUL, and I refuse to finish it. I know you don't care, but your player base DOES!
Have a nice day.

DeletedUser9469

While I agree with the sequential quest line reaching a point of frustration (I stopped the sequential quest just short of a week ago), I guess my views on other things "wrong" with the game are different because they are all I have ever known...

On the trader, specifically because I see that a lot, I agree the trade rates are HORRID as are the trader fees for non-discovered players (which at my level accounts for about 80% of the trades). I do understand the necessity of the trader not being the best way to do things, because why produce it yourself when you can just buy it? However, I think the addition of an enhanced trader technology to each chapter to reduce trading rates and fees would be an easy fix. The question there is DO WE REALLY NEED MORE TECH? But, it would give those who want those breaks (who wouldn't) a choice... Pay the higher rates or get the tech to make it cheaper... I would imagine that a seasoned player (guest race chapters) would naturally be "better traders" than a newb (chapter 1-3) so would know how to "haggle" with the trader a bit to get better deals... It would make sense :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There is existing Trader improvement tech, via the Ancient Wonder "Blooming Trader" but it is not available until (at the earliest) the end of the Fairies chapter. The trader fee seems to be a stick in the road of pushing players to join fellowships (Or they might say access to more even-cost trading partners is a carrot)

DeletedUser9469

They should do a Tony The Tiger themed event and have us collect Frosted Flakes... I like Frosted Flakes... Especially with bananas :)