• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser3507

Ok @SoggyShorts Now its over 200 k

Screenshot_9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8779

If you want to slow down people playing the game, some don't mind at all. They will continue plodding along. They will buy the extra goods with diamonds if they get impatient. I just think this event happened to push some people over the edge to not play anymore.

As one of those "...pushed...over the edge..." folks, I'm beyond frustrated with a game that's touted as a city builder yet goes to some pretty outrageous lengths to sabotage that. It simply makes no sense.

What's worse though is that despite weeks of almost universal negative feedback in these Forum posts, there have been precisely zero acknowledgements from the powers-that-be. To the best of my knowledge (and I prowl the Forum a lot) nobody from Inno has had the decency to weigh in and say, "Ooooops! We hear you. We're sorry y'all feel this way." (or even, "Ouch. We should have paid some attention to the Beta players." Or even, "Screw y'all. We build what we want to.") It smacks of, at the least, really poor customer service and, at worst, awful arrogance. :(

DeletedUser4329

Did I read somewhere that they're introducing a new "surprise" building for the last couple hours of the event? I can't find the reference now but could have sworn it was posted by Marindor a few days ago.

Does anyone recall anything similar being posted up, either here or in the Beta forums? If I'm going crazy and there was no such claim, I'll spend all my beets today on the 3x3 culture buildings, even though I'll probably never use them.

DeletedUser5521

Did I read somewhere that they're introducing a new "surprise" building for the last couple hours of the event? I can't find the reference now but could have sworn it was posted by Marindor a few days ago.

Does anyone recall anything similar being posted up, either here or in the Beta forums? If I'm going crazy and there was no such claim, I'll spend all my beets today on the 3x3 culture buildings, even though I'll probably never use them.

I'm not sure if this is the post you were thinking of? It was in reference to no daily quest last week in Beta, when there was still 2 days left of the event. Amy Steele replied:

"To set your minds at rest, there will indeed be a daily prize tomorrow, though what it might be is as yet a secret.

The lack of a daily quest for the final day of the event is indeed a bug. Unfortunately it's not possible to fix in time here on beta, but it is hoped that thanks to your reports, it can be fixed in time for the live markets :) "

small_EN.png

AmySteele, Wednesday at 12:47

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/17332-no-daily-quest-for-thursday.8693/

DeletedUser4329

I'm not sure if this is the post you were thinking of? It was in reference to no daily quest last week in Beta, when there was still 2 days left of the event. Amy Steele replied:

"To set your minds at rest, there will indeed be a daily prize tomorrow, though what it might be is as yet a secret.

That's the one! The wording "daily prize" seemed to me to imply that there was a new building coming through that we weren't aware of...

DeletedUser7639

I am happy that you have these event for us but not in the way they are setup.
1- you put the amount of supplies,goods and coins too high for us that do tournaments and do building upgrades.
2-you have them too close together of the same type of quests instead of spacing them out more from supplies to goods ones or the coin ones.
3- i would like to see ones that you have to visit so many neighbors.
4- the use of other enchantment instead of always same one each time maybe we have to make or use some of the other ones that we have.
5- build a workshop to level 4- 5 times or something that we can still use to help out later in the quests or 4- 6 times of goods building which is another one that would help out in the quests as well.
6- make the reward building that will be good in the higher chapters like mana ones which everyone would like to get and be useful to everyone.
7- make grand prize available to everyone once in awhile so that players will do the event so they can get it without having to send real cash for diamonds but with the diamonds now being giving out for chapter rewards that should be something that all players would want to go for.
8- make the reward building no bigger than an expansion in size for space is a big deal on this game with building and the differences in the chapters that take up so much space already.
9- the pay event are not a bad idea but the amounts where just too high for some players with tournament going on at the same time so that maybe something to look at is that tournaments get shutdown while quests events are on so that it does not hurt players in goods and supplies while we rebuild back up our armies from in between tournaments and during tournaments.
10- make a quest to build so many of each member of the army which would help us for tournaments if you pick the right ones that would be need for tournaments which would be helping out in both ways.
I hope these will be looked at before you do your next event quest for us players which will make sure not so many quit doing the quest event and make it more enjoyable for the rest of us as well.

DeletedUser9769

I'm not happy with this event. The rewards are disappointing and although I've met many many challenges, I'm still barely into the second goal. I've come to the point I don't even care about the event any more.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2-you have them too close together of the same type of quests instead of spacing them out more from supplies to goods ones or the coin ones.
This is an excellent point. The string could have 200 steps if some of them were smaller and distributed. If every third quest was to gain xxx supplies, it would be less cumbersome than doing it all at once in three consecutive batches.

DeletedUser8187

I can stop the quest. Woo hoo! I did the math and I only need 8 more beets (they look more like parsnips to me) to get the second prize. I'm debating if I should go for the orcs or that last prize. Wilderbeast drinking at the water and get the culture, because my people are sadly lacking culture.

Yes I seen the thread all about the beets debate, and I have the name and animals wrong for the last prize, but thats what they look like to me.
I spent the weekend making those dang beverages for quests 66-68. Yes please break up the quests a bit (not absit autocorrect). I forget what the sun looks like. :confused: