• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser4774

Highly unimpressed with the sequential quest list. I paid out the first "good amount of supplies" about 108,000. Completely depleted all the supplies I had. The second one I hit was 295,000 supplies. Lol. Not kidding. I stopped on the sequential list right there. I do the daily quests. The prizes aren't worth the cost of supplies, goods, etc. I wish would have looked ahead. I wouldn't have spent all my kp the first time. Not happy with this event. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

Tauriel Dragonwood

86.22 hours to go for this event to end. I can’t wait! Usually I enjoy events but this event reminds me of the pain and joy I feel when going to the dentist. You know the pain when your teeth are being worked on but the joy knowing you’re getting something nice in return–healthy gums & teeth.

Let’s see today I had to pay a HUGE amount of supplies. My Supplies Storage is currently at 0. Finally completed that quest. Now I have to produce bread. Uh, 60 times? 60 times! Luckily I have 10 Workshops so that will only take me 6 hours. Arrrr! But wait … there’s more.

I need to once again gain supplies, and the two quests after this one also require you to gain supplies. What were the event masters thinking when they wrote up these quests? Were they angry at having to work through their lunch? Maybe they’ve been visiting Wonky Walter’s Carnival too much. These quests are hurting us. Do you want me to say it? Okay, Uncle! Uncle!

Not only are the events challenging to get through but I’ve just had my first encounter with a Dark Abbot. He now has two spells he throws at you, and they are lethal. Beginning to think the game developers may be Orcs in disguise. They seem to favor making the dangerous creatures in Elvenar more powerful, and causing us elves and humans to squirm completing these events. I wonder if they chant in the break room, “Ork kurru gurrah!”

DeletedUser9779

Been playing this game for over two years and this is the first event I have legitimately disliked. I can't even imagine being able to get halfway through them if I was a low-level player, even with the scaling requirements, as you need all of the resources even more to grow. As it is, I wiped out 6+ months of Goods, as well as utilizing an absurd amount of supplies/gold. Then you finally get rewards, and most of them aren't anywhere near good enough to justify the cost.

All in all, if this is going to be the new "normal" for events, count me out in the future.

Ciarda

86.22 hours to go for this event to end. I can’t wait! Usually I enjoy events but this event reminds me of the pain and joy I feel when going to the dentist. You know the pain when your teeth are being worked on but the joy knowing you’re getting something nice in return–healthy gums & teeth.

Let’s see today I had to pay a HUGE amount of supplies. My Supplies Storage is currently at 0. Finally completed that quest. Now I have to produce bread. Uh, 60 times? 60 times! Luckily I have 10 Workshops so that will only take me 6 hours. Arrrr! But wait … there’s more.

I'm on that one too and I'm giving up. It's taking way too long to gain the 475k supplies I need to finish the bread one and the next 2 also want me to gain supplies but there is no way I can do that in time if they are going to want the same amount or more. Plus there is no way for me to dump the supplies I just gained in order to collect more since my main hall will only hold 570k.

I was also very disappointed in not getting some of the buildings that I really wanted even trying 3, 4, 5 times for them so all this hard work and it really doesn't seem to have been worth it since I won't even be able to say "well at least I finished it".

On one of my worlds I couldn't do quest 60 on since I have not reached the tier 3 research yet so can not produce elixir, magic dust or gems and I'm in a small new fellowship. So I was stopped.

On Beta I was also too small to do much and there are not enough active players in the fellowship to help everyone out. It wasn't a big deal for me there so again I was stopped.

But on my main one the only thing stopping me was being able to make enough supplies fast enough.

Oh well, guess I now know not to bother on the next one unless they really change things.

Very bummed out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9788

I won't say I haven't enjoyed the quest although it has been a grind at times. I have collected many good daily prizes as a relative newbie that I won't have access to for some time so that is a big positive. My main issue is the fact that I am currently on quest 91 of 97 and I still need 88,200 more beets to qualify for the final grand prize! How is this remotely feasible (short of spending over a hundred bucks)? I'm all for making contests difficult but this seems a bit ridiculous. Has anybody here reached the final grand prize?

DeletedUser8752

The only people in my fellowship who get the 3rd grand prize are those who spend money to get more beets. If I remember correctly the odds of the 3rd grand prize with out spending money is really really slim.

DeletedUser9788

My math was wrong, I don't need 88,200 beets, I need 4,410 beets. There are around 430 still available in the main quest line (not that I can complete it), 105 in the daily quest line, 75 or so in hourly drops which takes it down to 3,800 beets. Say I get lucky on the chest openings and win 560 more beets. I still need to buy 3,240 beets. That translates to 15,000 diamonds which would run $120... Pretty pricey, and that doesn't include the inevitable divorce proceedings caused by my spending that kind of cash on a 'free' game.

DeletedUser6887

I was able to do the last event. This event I had to stop at #90 - there is no way I can even get 27,000 of each T3 good within the event time frame at my level. Very disappointing. But then, there is never any real prize for finishing all of the quests anyway.

DeletedUser4993

I have read all comments. Enjoyed them all tho I do find put-downs here and anywhere in the forum are very distasteful and unnecessary. I found herds fun, challenging and yes, boring. I did find a little planning went a long way for me to get thru this stuff. Anticipate these events. U know they are coming, so leave techs and bldg levels ready to UG. Try to leave space for extra WS and boosteds. Get the spread sheet so u can anticipate where u need to go next and further down the list. I admit I got lucky that I had just finished Dwarven and getting rid of those granite mines and copper was a great feeling so I just left that space open. I had a feeling that a long quest line was coming up as they do frequently. At one point I had 40 WS then sold, build boosteds, sell boosteds, build WS. Makes everything go a lot faster and u don't have to sit on top of stuff. U make those spells use all 4 of them. Just gotta visit those neighbors a bunch for coin. Getting goods if u are a go solo person blding non-boosteds-u are out of luck without buying buildings. Of course, u need a good FS for trades and buffs, if not find one. There are tons of us Arches looking for new members constantly. I am screaming for members (see F and E). All u larger players should know this stuff but it bears repeating. I spent no diamonds and finished 10 days before the end or so even with accidentally pulling off 5 POPs in one city. LOL As I said above hi pop + low culture, I have given up on as I do't really think they have much value at least for me. I don't even try for those anymore. Just too difficult to sell them off. To complain here peeps buff them thinking it must be good to buff or u wouldn't keep lets say winter pop/C bldgs so they are kind of a double waste. I know I did that when a newb tho will always consider myself a newb because I learn daily playing and via the forum. TX for all the great comments. Still can't find what I'm looking for tho. So ta ta.

dikke ikke

I have read all comments. Enjoyed them all tho I do find put-downs here and anywhere in the forum are very distasteful and unnecessary. I found herds fun, challenging and yes, boring. I did find a little planning went a long way for me to get thru this stuff. Anticipate these events. U know they are coming, so leave techs and bldg levels ready to UG. Try to leave space for extra WS and boosteds. Get the spread sheet so u can anticipate where u need to go next and further down the list. I admit I got lucky that I had just finished Dwarven and getting rid of those granite mines and copper was a great feeling so I just left that space open. I had a feeling that a long quest line was coming up as they do frequently. At one point I had 40 WS then sold, build boosteds, sell boosteds, build WS. Makes everything go a lot faster and u don't have to sit on top of stuff. U make those spells use all 4 of them. Just gotta visit those neighbors a bunch for coin. Getting goods if u are a go solo person blding non-boosteds-u are out of luck without buying buildings. Of course, u need a good FS for trades and buffs, if not find one. There are tons of us Arches looking for new members constantly. I am screaming for members (see F and E). All u larger players should know this stuff but it bears repeating. I spent no diamonds and finished 10 days before the end or so even with accidentally pulling off 5 POPs in one city. LOL As I said above hi pop + low culture, I have given up on as I do't really think they have much value at least for me. I don't even try for those anymore. Just too difficult to sell them off. To complain here peeps buff them thinking it must be good to buff or u wouldn't keep lets say winter pop/C bldgs so they are kind of a double waste. I know I did that when a newb tho will always consider myself a newb because I learn daily playing and via the forum. TX for all the great comments. Still can't find what I'm looking for tho. So ta ta.
Finally someone who did not give up on the tourney ! Yes it was harder as previous big events (it took me 3 weeks instead of 2). Yes collecting lots of coins and supplies is boring, but as Wenyvel said, with some good planning it can be done. Visit your neighborhood, mainly for coins but also for supplies, not only visit your FS. Surplus of supplies because you have to collect so much, the trader will be happy with it, use spells ... make sure you are in a tourney the moment relics are demanded. To be short, plan, think a head and go for it.

DeletedUser4329

Finally someone who did not give up on the tourney !
A lot of people who are giving up are not doing so because it's too hard, but because the rewards don't even come close to matching the effort/tedium involved. I can sympathise - after all, for something so boring, why would one bother if there's not something decent at the end to look forward to?

I finished the event 3 days ago, and found it absolutely not worthwhile.

DeletedUser6368

This March of the Heards quest was poorly designed, I'm not even finished it, and this quest is almost finished 2 days and some time, spending resources, gain Relics(scout), upgrading, Provision's, I know it a part of the quest but it put a damper on this game for me, I don't get it why they made it so redundant,. Very unhappy RN. I finished the Easter Event with 6 days to spare. Developers better get their books in order so EVERYONE!! involved is happy, even in the FS i am in seem to not it either. The next Quest coming up in the Fall I'll be sure to check the Quest list before I decide to play.

DeletedUser8187

I got my Orc Strategist on the first try!! I went for the unicorn and kept getting beets, they were free beets so I kept going, got a unicorn and still have 580 beets to try for the last prize. The goods/supplies were not fun to give up, but they didn't cost me any real money, so I'm not crying into my pillow at night over it. I'm one of those suckers that gets excited getting free stuff at stores when buying something else. So I liked getting my buildings. I won't tell you how I squealed over my orcs. :p

I'm tech locked, so I'm just coming every 3 hours to collect goods, coins and making sure my troops aren't slacking off.