• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bellspire/Lighthouse Chages

DeletedUser10409

1. You bragged about having a higher level wonder than I have.
2. You got there by cheating.
3. I mentioned it.
4. I'm crying?

Ok then.o_O
I did not brag, I said yours is level 1
That 50 points was owed to me regardless who it was from, I do not cheat.
Yes you did mention it
Yes you are crying
Yes i just realized I am being hit by a Forum Troll

Your sub-conscious is twisting how you are looking at what I said.

DeletedUser10409

You did say "boosted" in your previous post, but I did not understand that meant adding a Power of Provision spell onto your workshops. Now I am on track with your numbers, and must agree that the spell puts the workshop above the wonder. However the spell has additional costs in it is production.
It does but i rarely have to use them and do nothing extra than normal things to acquire them. Goods boosts are a different story 8)

Risen Malchiah

@Zeroe Your math would be correct IF you have unlimited space. But since the workshop requires population, it uses more space than the AWs. That makes them LESS efficient based on how much you can produce per square. The ONLY time their efficiency overcomes the AW, is when you have the Provision spell applied, but those are not infinite.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Zeroe Your math would be correct IF you have unlimited space. But since the workshop requires population, it uses more space than the AWs. That makes them LESS efficient based on how much you can produce per square. The ONLY time their efficiency overcomes the AW, is when you have the Provision spell applied, but those are not infinite.
Exactly. And keep in mind @Zeroe I'm not suggesting a player should replace all 8-10 workshops with 8-10 ToS. Just one. So they'd still have 7-9 workshops that they can use PoP on if they need a boost. Meanwhile every day they are saving ~20 squares of space by having 1 less WS and the ToS.

Risen Malchiah

Perhaps an analogy will help.

@SoggyShorts has 1 elephant. @Zeroe has 4 cats. Zeroe claims his cats take up more space because he has 4 pets while Soggy only has 1. But that is only true when the Magical Growth Spell is applied that turns those cats into tigers. At all other times, that elephant will squash those adorable kitties to death.

DeletedUser10409

But they are, they are replenished every 9 weeks. I currently have 56 of them and 200+ of the relics required. I can control my supplies as i see fit and need not wait on a set time to retrieve the needed goods. As i said in the beginning of all of this.... IMO (In my Opinion), so yes i am arguing my opinion and for every mathematical equation someone has i have a counter to it because it is what i prefer and what works for me.

DeletedUser10409

Exactly. And keep in mind @Zeroe I'm not suggesting a player should replace all 8-10 workshops with 8-10 ToS. Just one. So they'd still have 7-9 workshops that they can use PoP on if they need a boost. Meanwhile every day they are saving ~20 squares of space by having 1 less WS and the ToS.
This is why i save space with the Mtn Halls to avoid having a level 1 AW. The Mtn Halls will give me population and on top of that a goods boost that i need. I do understand what you are saying about the 2 AW's and the math behind it, but it is not for me. Maybe when i get further along i will reconsider it. Through the jabbing back and forth i see your point but i still see those 2 AW's as the 2 weakest in the game. We can agree to disagree 8)

Risen Malchiah

And that works for you because you have the spells and/or relics to support it. So, in your opinion, you don't need the AW. That is fine. I don't have one either with 100+ banked PoP spells and 500-1k of every relic.

But math is math and workshops + AW is mathematically more efficient. It cares not for anyone's opinions.

As for the CL/BS, there's one other thing I haven't seen mentioned yet. Since the goods you get are random, you now have a greater chance of getting lopsided results. Now it's entirely possible to get all 3 chests filled with Tier 3, while someone else may get all 3 chests filled with Tier 1. When the goods were dispersed throughout the visits, there was a more even distribution of goods.

DeletedUser10409

And that works for you because you have the spells and/or relics to support it. So, in your opinion, you don't need the AW. That is fine. I don't have one either with 100+ banked PoP spells and 500-1k of every relic.

But math is math and workshops + AW is mathematically more efficient. It cares not for anyone's opinions.

As for the CL/BS, there's one other thing I haven't seen mentioned yet. Since the goods you get are random, you now have a greater chance of getting lopsided results. Now it's entirely possible to get all 3 chests filled with Tier 3, while someone else may get all 3 chests filled with Tier 1. When the goods were dispersed throughout the visits, there was a more even distribution of goods.
It more than likely has not been mentioned because most of the people on this post are doing nothing more than FS helps and you are lucky to get 1 chest doing that. I returned all my neighbors helps today that helped me and i got 2 chests, both were marble.

Risen Malchiah

I got my chests through FS visits. It all depends on how recently you opened chests. Chances are by tomorrow, you'll get all 3 chests in the first few visits.

DeletedUser7367

Re-writing the 'perks' obtained from Lighthouse/BellSpire, ESPECIALLY at higher levels? to BALANCE the game???/ How freaking ABSURD! You pay, you play...you know the rules......then INNO decides MID STREAM to negate the goodies so as NOT to 'hurt the noobies' feelings'??? WOW.... this is outright THEFT. Nothing more or less..... Goodbye, in time..... This isn't fair, not one iota!!

DeletedUser10409

I got my chests through FS visits. It all depends on how recently you opened chests. Chances are by tomorrow, you'll get all 3 chests in the first few visits.
I started this post because of all the points I invested into Bellspire across 3 worlds. I know that in all 3 worlds if the goods return is not boosted that i will sell them. I built that AW for the goods return, not for the prolonged helps.

Risen Malchiah

Zeroe, I agree with you that the changes are unfair to people who invested in them. I was simply disagreeing with the assertion that you must do visits outside your FS before the chests will trigger.

DeletedUser3312

We dealt with this crappy change about a month ago in beta. We were told it would make tracking goods easier for Inno. And that some players might lose a few goods but for most it would be much better. It is awful. An as usual Inno does not listen. They put out a product and we buy that product in good faith, we work to build it so that it is beneficial to us and bam, Inno turns it to total smelly crap. Such a good faith gesture on their part to screw players over. They are experts in screwing players over. The great bell spire and the crystal lighthouse no longer have much value. Very frustrating. the most frustrating thing is they truly could care less.

Risen Malchiah

We dealt with this crappy change about a month ago in beta. We were told it would make tracking goods easier for Inno. And that some players might lose a few goods but for most it would be much better. It is awful... The great bell spire and the crystal lighthouse no longer have much value. Very frustrating. the most frustrating thing is they truly could care less.
I agree with regard to them having very little value after the change.

But just to play devil's advocate for a moment, it is entirely possible that the vast majority of players dont visit 30+ people per day and consequently those players will benefit. And in that case, the devs would be right, but unfortunately their decision punishes the minority of players who are very active (and vocal). It rewards laziness and hurts activity.

I own a Lighthouse in 1 of my cities. I didn't always take advantage of it because I didn't always feel like visiting every city on my map. But I thought it was very balanced because it rewarded those who chose to put in the effort.

Well, I couldn't do it. I tried to see the devs side and ended up with yet another reason why I don't like the change. :p

toaster4

I am one that visited 100+ neighbors and all my FS members, mainly to get the boosted goods bonus. It will definitely impact my visits and shorten the time I spend on the game considerably. I have spent money in the past, but now am so disappointed that I won't spend any more, and am thinking of dropping the game completely. For your info, this is the first and only game I spent money on, so this experience will insure that I don't get involved with any game that requires money. It is a game for heaven's sake, and if it is fun, I am willing to pay a little, but not to see down the line that you change the benefits I paid for. Very disappointed in Elvenar.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Haha, except that words change meanings over time. According to urban dictionary trifling now means shady or dishonest.
Trifling has always had that meaning, but that is when used as a verb "He is trifling with her affections" rather than an adjective "The changes are trifling"