• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So Long Tech Tree.

DeletedUser7421

Well Soggy, you asked me a few times over the past while if I had thought about how I would upgrade all my factories, since I didn't want to sell any in that particular city. :) I have thought about it and the above outline is my plan. .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well Soggy, you asked me a few times over the past while if I had thought about how I would upgrade all my factories, since I didn't want to sell any in that particular city. :) I have thought about it and the above outline is my plan. .
Right sorry, I forgot which thread I was in. With zero guest race space needed you can totally have more than 3/3/3 factories.

DeletedUser7370

You would probably be surprised to hear that my factories are 1 per tier. I routinely out produce my needs. In fact during the Fellowship Adventures I tossed about 160K of elixir in the pot to get the extra points for the fellowship. I have mostly recovered all of that expense. By keeping my scouting at a minimum, I have kept my costs to clear a province lower. By minimizing my factories, I have reduced my need for population and given myself more space for military and wonders. By having lower population needs, I have more space for culture. By having a high culture bonus, I have needed fewer workshops; which also decreases population needs. And all of that has resulted in me routinely having plenty of space. In fact I have 262 tiles devoted to my orc settlement which is already built in my city, and I will gain 3 expansions during that chapter which will remain empty.

Really it is not hard to look at needs instead of wants. You want a ridiculous number of factories; you need only 1 if you can consistently get cross tier trades.

DeletedUser7421

Did you calculate how much extra pop the GA will give you as you upgrade all of that. Its % of working population will reduce that missing 2000 pop or did you already factor it in?

I hadn't calculated it, but I had guestimated that if I leveled the abyss up to at least level 10 that I'd be ok for population - I've scratched it out quickly and it looks like I should be about +200 people by upgrading the abyss to level 10, although I plan to level it up a lot higher over the next 5-6 months :)

DeletedUser7421

Right sorry, I forgot which thread I was in. With zero guest race space needed you can totally have more than 3/3/3 factories.
I'll have sufficient guest settlement space in 5-6 months :) plus everything upgraded and 4 AW's built and upgraded vs the 1 AW I have right now.

Really it is not hard to look at needs instead of wants. You want a ridiculous number of factories; you need only 1 if you can consistently get cross tier trades
In my smallest cities I only very rarely ever post a cross tier trade if Im desperate for some extra goods to complete an event quest or something. I don't think it's a great game strategy personally, although I understand smaller cities often need to do it.

DeletedUser7421

Whats its current level? and you main hall level?
Abyss is level 6, almost level 7 and the MH is 17 and will be level 19 as soon as these horribly slow nitefarms produce enough nite essence for me to unlock it.

*Edit*
I LOVE the instants!! They reduce the painfully long upgrade times to instantly or only a couple hrs max, and replenish all the coins and supplies that several large and fast upgrades require!

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The GA also increases the population it gives as you put more population to work (% of your working population), so as you upgrade your factories it will give you more population is what Mykan was trying to say.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Population
To upgrade 8 workshops, 7 steel, 5 scrolls, 5 dust, the MH and barracks to max fairy levels and then upgrade 3 armories to max orc level will take me 22,824 people.

With the gold abyss level 7 that is 1,114 pop added to it. So your gap is about 1/2 on pop that you need to find.

DeletedUser7421

With the gold abyss level 7 that is 1,114 pop added to it. So your gap is about 1/2 on pop that you need to find.

So what level do I need to power upgrade my abyss to, to gain the total 2500 population that Im short?

*Edit*
Im still tossing around the possibility of building the mountain halls, which would bridge the gap, but Im just not sure how far I have to get 1 or both of them upgraded to get that extra 2500 people.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Your working population is key. I could calculate those numbers as you mentioned the additional working population but I have no idea on your current working population. The wiki has all of the % increases for both wonders so it is easy enough to times the bonus by your working pop (or estimated working pop) to see the bonus in people in would provide.

DeletedUser7421

Your working population is key. I could calculate those numbers as you mentioned the additional working population but I have no idea on your current working population. The wiki has all of the % increases for both wonders so it is easy enough to times the bonus by your working pop (or estimated working pop) to see the bonus in people in would provide.

My current working population is 23,836 - so I think with the additional population coming from the orc level houses and upgrading my abyss to at least level 10 - I should be back into the positive side of population, instead of down almost 2500.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You would have to be very close. It sounds like your working population almost doubles in orcs with what your planning. So double the number above (2.2K pop??) would be very close or perhaps put level 8 on GA and you should be covered.

DeletedUser7370

In my smallest cities I only very rarely ever post a cross tier trade if Im[sic] desperate for some extra goods to complete an event quest or something. I don't think it's a great game strategy personally, although I understand smaller cities often need to do it.
You really missed the point. I have a grand total of 3 factories in my city. One factory for each tier. I produce more goods than I need. Paying attention to needs instead of wants is the point.

You want a glut of goods, and that leads to all these efforts to feed that gluttony. I want to move through the game as efficiently as possible, and that leads me to find the path that spares the most space and uses the fewest upgrades. I have 29 residences in my city. My plan for completing the orcs chapter has 10 of them remaining L19 and he other 19 upgraded to L21. With all the planned upgrades, I expect to finish the chapter with 3348 excess population. Currently I have finished my housing and armory upgrades and have over 6500 excess population.

On top of all that I am sitting on a glut of goods. My stockpiles grow towards 200K of each good. I average 37 KP gained per day. I will techlock myself in day because I will not perform productions that I calculate to be inefficient. Efficiency beats gluttony always. I will put my KP for the next week into wonders and that will increase my performance in tournaments to accelerate me farther.

I outrun so many cities that are built around the glutinous goods development that I have to laugh. I outrun cities with magic residences and those with magic workshops. If you want to stick it to Inno, then you should think about shifting towards my play style.

DeletedUser7370

You can see me in Elcy any time. I just ran over 1800 on the tournament using nearly pure military production. And it is normal for me to run 1400-1600 on every tournament. Most of that is military but some weeks don't work as well and catering becomes worth my time.

DeletedUser7421

You can see me in Elcy any time. I just ran over 1800 on the tournament using nearly pure military production. And it is normal for me to run 1400-1600 on every tournament. Most of that is military but some weeks don't work as well and catering becomes worth my time.

I'll go take a look, as I have a small city in that world also. Normally I do 4-5 rounds in 8 provinces so between 1248 and 1680, this week I accidently timed it right and got the 6th round for 2130 - I missed the last couple because I ran out of troops and don't like to cater that high unless it's a special circumstance. I generally auto fight all 4 rounds in 8 provinces and most of the 5th round also with the occasional need to cater here and there at the end, as I mentioned I got the 6th round in this week and was able to auto fight almost all of it until the very end when I ran out of the troops I needed.

DeletedUser7421

Very nice city you have there Ted :) Im curious why you're keeping 10 workshops instead of getting rid of a few and upgrading the rest? I've only got 8 workshops and trying to reduce that to 7 by building and upgrading an AW.

DeletedUser7370

FA and other quest things operate on a multiple of 5. I shifted from 8 workshops at L15 to 10 at L15 because it better aligns with quest requirements. Upgrading the 8 workshops would take the same space and give the same increase in production as adding 2 L15 workshops. The only differences are in the time and materials to upgrade versus build new.