• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.31 + Halflings

DeletedUser3297

I can't help myself I love culture. And it does help, ask @SoggyShorts who has 170% with nothing polished...
Just so you don't feel left out ;)
vMr24wt.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
And it does help, ask @SoggyShorts who has 170% with nothing polished...
Not by choice lol. My event buildings give more pop/square than residences and just happen to give culture. My mana buildings also happen to give culture.
There was simply no way to not have 170% in woodelves unless you want to wait a week for each tech.

Thistleknot

I guess I'm still not really understanding why you feel like you have to wait until the full 12 or 18 hours have passed in order to collect

Typically I like to let my productions run in full before collecting. Did a little calculating based on your suggestion to collect the grape farms after 12 hours. You will end up being ahead of the game by a little bit. In my case of 14 AL versus 8 GF, I would end up 3000 mana ahead per day. Also very nice catch on the divine seeds. I'll take whatever bonuses I can get.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The early collection on seeds I am finding very handy. Seeds are my bottleneck currently. It is also nice to see a subtle benefit for all wonders in how this mechanic works. It is something people can prepare for many chapters in advance as it takes time to level up wonders.

DeletedUser3507

Mykan by any chance do you have the ratio of the 4 farm types necessary for this inch worm chapter, seems worse than the dreaded dwarves. So far......:rolleyes:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Noo!! Don't do it Soggy!! lol. You can go quite a bit further then the chests say you can in the last few chapters. In S&D I am over 25 provinces past what the chest says for halflings and still out number the enemy.

SoggyShorts

Mykan by any chance do you have the ratio of the 4 farm types necessary for this inch worm chapter, seems worse than the dreaded dwarves. So far......:rolleyes:
3 grain
3 carrot
4 pumpkin
5 apple
6 level 2 farms or 8 level 1 farms
As per @CrazyWizard

Also, I don't understand how you could have had problems in dwarves....:confused:
Noo!! Don't do it Soggy!! lol. You can go quite a bit further then the chests say you can in the last few chapters. In S&D I am over 25 provinces past what the chest says for halflings and still out number the enemy.
I don't even think I can get out of the GZ. Scout times are over 16 hours, so that works out to 1 day for me, and I don't think I'll be in chapter 10 long enough to go more than maybe 10-15 provinces past what I need to get into 11;).

DeletedUser4778

I am in Woodelves and have just enough to enter Halflings and still outnumber the enemy. However, I am taking heavier losses than I would like in Ring 12 and the negotiation costs are ouch. But I can still afford them and beat them. I can also still win without losses if they are steel and elixir provinces.

I don't even think I can get out of the GZ. Scout times are over 16 hours, so that works out to 1 day for me, and I don't think I'll be in chapter 10 long enough to go more than maybe 10-15 provinces past what I need to get into 11;)

With how long you can get tech locked in Woodelves and, I presume, Dragons, I am sure you can get out of the GZ and still stay within the WZ (Winning Zone) for quite some time. I am now out of the GZ but would still like to stay within the WZ because I'm cheap that way.

SoggyShorts

With how long you can get tech locked in Woodelves and, I presume, Dragons
I was TL in woodelves for over a week, but that was due to underestimating mana costs--I'm not making that mistake again.
Now in 10 I'm 4-5 days from having max settlement buildings, and I think ~30 days from finishing. At one scout per day I could get up to 280 which might still be in the WZ. I may decide not to rush the last half of S&D though, I'm getting a little lazy with my log ins.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

No I have not tried to figure it out. I do have a guest race goods calculator but am yet to upload it.

@SoggyShorts The GZ is a bit of a misnomer and no one can define it in terms of provinces numbers only in terms of "can you win or not?". The minimum chest numbers is obvious but no one knows a maximum. We were told 10-30 provinces above the chests was the expectation but even that is somewhat vague. The 24 hour scout time is the only other hint at a maximum but again that is more for expectations than where one can win a fight.

Recent updates have basically removed the problems with mass scouting (except scout times) and actually added incentives to scout like crazy. I must say it is a bit confusing as to the direction the devs expect from the players as they seem to have taken a reversal to previous statements, that or they are confused in some manner.

qaccy

No I have not tried to figure it out. I do have a guest race goods calculator but am yet to upload it.

@SoggyShorts The GZ is a bit of a misnomer and no one can define it in terms of provinces numbers only in terms of "can you win or not?". The minimum chest numbers is obvious but no one knows a maximum. We were told 10-30 provinces above the chests was the expectation but even that is somewhat vague. The 24 hour scout time is the only other hint at a maximum but again that is more for expectations than where one can win a fight.

Recent updates have basically removed the problems with mass scouting (except scout times) and actually added incentives to scout like crazy. I must say it is a bit confusing as to the direction the devs expect from the players as they seem to have taken a reversal to previous statements, that or they are confused in some manner.

I think since it's pretty much all %-based, each successive squad tech has more and more of a positive impact, each scouting tech does the same, and even as you scout further and further away from your city, the rings get larger, meaning the power spikes for the enemy that come from scouting into a new ring are much less frequent. Assuming that each ring you go out is a flat increase to the strength of the enemy, ring 1 is only 6 provinces and is cleared much more quickly than ring 13, which has 52. Perhaps that has something to do with the line being less clear for advanced players now? Enemies are staying at the same relative strength for much longer, especially now that we've gotten a lot of researches to 'catch us up' compared to when these new mechanics were first implemented.

maeter75

I guess I'm still not really understanding why you feel like you have to wait until the full 12 or 18 hours have passed in order to collect. You know there's not really any difference in mana gained if you collect early or later, right? You can collect from your grape farms every 12 hours, just like with the libraries, because they're able to collect starting at 9 hours (and a library can be collected after only 3 hours). To repeat, there is no difference in mana gained by collecting early or waiting until the timer's maxed out, though that does of course open you up to potentially missing out on a lot of mana if real life gets in the way of you being on to collect from your libraries once that bar fills up. You should just collect whenever it's available, regardless of how long is left on the production timer.

And as an aside, do NOT apply this 'wait until it's full' strategy and wait the full 24 hours to collect seeds from your trader because you get a bonus every time you collect based on your AW levels, which can be done every three hours. That means up to 8 bonuses per day versus just one if you only collect from your trader once a day...which in my case is a difference of nearly 20,000 seeds each day.

I agree that I originally was undecided if I should go with Grape Farms or Arcane Libraries. The actual collect time for mana does matter for the two since you can collect early. The grape farm produces more per square mana wise. I get that is has big costs to build and ties up a builder but its doable.

What I dont see any mention of it the difference in culture from Neighborly help. I get a lot of newer players blessing my Libraries not realizing how little culture bonus wise that gives. Now that I have build 3 grape farms (more underway) the same people are blessing the grape farms. The culture blessing difference is huge with 5900 for the grape farm vs 1740 for library for the blessings.

DeletedUser3122

Just finished this very, very long chapter yesterday (including the last declinable quest that gives 200 diamonds reward). Because it's been since June that it was released, that's 5 months ago now. Any word on a new chapter after halflings?

maeter75

I have two remaining quest items to do then I am done but even those have huge amounts so going to be a while. Hope the next one is worth the wait.