• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser14960

One main reason I have been producing all my own supplies is i have noticed in my trader not all the goods i need are shown as trades.

and there have been times when i have needed stuff and put up trades that have not been taken so i just assumed it best to produce all and everything you need yourself .

also there seem to be a lot of trades that are not like for like etc .

when this quest is over i will have a big change around with my city and see what i can do to dial it in a bit better .

I am realy thankful for all the fantastic advice you have given me

Keith

DeletedUser

@moonlightkeith

Wanna know something funny? I started another city a few days ago, and about four minutes ago I unlocked "Advanced Residences" in the tech tree...and that takes you from level 4 to level 7, which means 8 is the first one you get in Chapter 2. I had to sit here and laugh for a minute.

So you got one on me. :p:D

And I totally understand the frustration of not being able to find what you need on the trader, or having your trades sit. It may sound counter-intuitive right now, but you really are better off producing just your boosted goods. But you have to do what you're comfortable with, you know?

You don't learn without asking, so don't be afraid to ask.

DeletedUser14960

I want to just say THANKS to everyone on here .

you all are a great wealth of info to us new members .

and yes i totaly agree with you about you don't learn without asking

I am going to have a big switch around when i have completed this quest .

there is a lot of stuff i have i can out and replace with better resources .

space i can free up and have more stuff i can realy put to good use

this is a great place to learn

thanks again to everyone

Keith

kctanzen

I fill in spaces on my city with tier 1 non boosted factories.
I'm going to be doing production cycles anyway, so if I have space that isn't being actively used for an upgrade and I have population / culture available, I fill in the nooks and crannies.
It isn't much at once, but every bit adds up over time!

Tauriel Dragonwood

So what is the moral of this story? Crime does pay, if you’re friendly with the law?
Redbeard is guilty of the crimes of murder, poaching, and looting.

He bribed a Justiciar, destroyed ancient books,
and enslaved house-goblins to be cooks.

Remember Redbeard’s Mercenary Game?
Oh, how our memories fade.

His house-goblin ordered two hundred mercenaries to go on a raid.
When they answered his call, they found out it was just a prank.
A competition between 200 and one Orc who was fat and drank.

This Orc was brutal and powerful, with skin as strong as a rock wall.
Alas, the brave and courageous mercenaries knew they would fall.

Into the valley of Death, rode the two hundred. Unlike Alfred
Lord Tennyson’s poem about The Charge of the Light Brigade,
Robert Redbeard killed them all.

DeletedUser5800

and there have been times when i have needed stuff and put up trades that have not been taken so i just assumed it best to produce all and everything you need yourself .

also there seem to be a lot of trades that are not like for like etc .

Unless you got VERY lucky on world map neighbors (I did back when I first started, landed in a triangle of very active top 20s at the time) which most people do not, you have to get in an active FS to go boost only without any downside. Make sure they say boost only in the FS description and no-cross tier trades is even better, have 20+ members, try to post trades for what you will need tomorrow instead of right now and if they set around for more than 6-12 hrs find a dif. FS until you land in one as active as you are. ;)

Tauriel Dragonwood

That's not really a shield in the pic., it's a dragon biscuit, he throws his axe and the dragon brings it back and he says, 'Good boy', and gives him the biscuit.
That is so sweet. I love dragons. Don't know why they are always portrayed as the antagonist. It’s true they've dug up lots of treasure, which citizens must have buried 'cause there were no banks in the medieval era, but that’s no cause for attacking them. The citizens should find a better way to hide their treasure.

Dragon slayers have said, “A dragon’s nose is cold, but glows red when they smell gold.” Unfortunately, no one has been able to get close enough to a dragon to see if this is true. Well, maybe one. The warrior who's in your picture playing fetch with a dragon.

DeletedUser14960

Hi again (I am pretty sure it was them funky mushrooms I found scouting a new province LOL)

Well we almost there, just got to train my troops and its complete .

I have taken loads of great advice i found here the last few days, Had a big change around in my city and got rid of loads of stuff that just wasn't working efficient enough for me.

So far production is going great with quadruple output on my boosted goods and found a close by friend who has all the other supplies in need and does 1 to 1 trades in any size batch I need .

I always need marble and he has a dozen or so all at level 17 so he can supply all I need and more ,hes also good with steel .

I have just unlocked a couple of city expansions and intend to keep some free floor space available for moving stuff around when needed .

It was a bit of a mission trying to produce all the goods ,tools .and coin etc to get through this so soon after part 1

A couple of days between would have been nice but we are almost finished .

How is this second building meant to be placed with the first . ie to the right side ,left side, front or rear ?.

Thanks for all the help and great advice .

Keith

DeletedUser5800

How is this second building meant to be placed with the first . ie to the right side ,left side, front or rear ?.
Any way you want it as long as they have a touching square, at least one common line one way or the other, diagonal corners don't count.
So you could do A but not B:
upload_2018-1-26_23-9-2.png

DeletedUser14960

I managed to get it done

so i now have both parts joined together its not fantastic but its OK

Had a major trim down and switch around and only running my boosted goods and its going great

Have got most of my residences maxed out and had to upgrade my main hall a few times as the bank was to small LOL

have managed to free up two city blocks

Thanks for all the great advice everyone

Keith

Tauriel Dragonwood

From what I've experienced tackling these quests, and thanks to the advice from members on this Forum,
I'd like to share what I've learned to help finish an event.

HOW TO FINISH AN EVENT

1. To know what to expect in an upcoming event, go to: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com.

2. Use the space between buildings or clear some space to complete the quests for goods/supplies.
You can breeze through the event if you have the required goods/supplies waiting to be collected.

3. Upgrade Level 1 supply buildings or Tier 1 goods buildings ahead of time to one level below the required level to complete the quest
“Upgrade [4] Buildings to Level 4 or higher”.

4. When a quest says “Gain”, trade the same amount of goods back and forth between two or more players to complete the quest.

5. Stock up on goods, especially if facing Hard and Very Hard provinces.

6. Have 3-4, maybe more, provinces already scouted and waiting to “Solve Encounters”.

7. Send out scouts ahead of time to complete “Scout a Province.”

8. “Instants” come in handy if you’re short on coins and supplies.

9. If you want to increase your goods production boosts, gain Knowledge and Ranking Points, Relics and Rune Shards, don’t delay,
head for the Tournament today. That’s where I went to “Gain Relics.”

10. Visit the Forum to leave your suggestions and complaints, and to read what members have posted.
This helps the game developers improve the events.

Last edited:

tincture

I'd like Elementals to hit the live server right about now so that i can collect a sweet Chapter 12 Kitchen!! (/ *.*)/ Give please!

DeletedUser15321

My problem is in both parts of quests I got into the early 20s but couldn't make it to 26 either time due to time it takes to complete the quests.I am just about to build my 1st AW,so I should be high enough to complete the quests.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My problem is in both parts of quests I got into the early 20s but couldn't make it to 26 either time due to time it takes to complete the quests.I am just about to build my 1st AW,so I should be high enough to complete the quests.
The time constraints can be overcome, but many of the methods to do so are not obvious. I picked them up as (way smarter than me) folks posted them in the forums. This thread has a great summary of many things that make events easier:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-you-can-make-every-event-easier.13069/
It's also useful to visit sites created by players. Gems of Knowledge is a great one where they compile quest lists, prize info, etc from playing on the beta server. Most events come to live about a week after they launch on beta, so you have a few days head start on planning for the quests. You can reach that site at this link: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/