• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

hvariidh gwendrot

i have no idea what chapter other players are in and more BP than magic buildings to upgrade, if the advice fits go for it if not don't, but i would think using as many blueprints now before changes hit live is good advice..also known as don't shoot the messenger :cool:
edit add: on a side note i gotta say the timing on starting this thread seems perfect but was totally coincidence to the release in beta

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

i do have some event buildings i'd like to level up as i do place some things about for aesthetics, so i'm hopeful beta works out the kinks, the magic residences are great but they are not much to look at

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The existing blueprints were, by and large, obtained through a free means. What is being devalued is hard to get, but still a reward offered for free.
Spoken like somebody who has not spent a ton of cash buying a blue city. I have used a whole lot of resources to help gain the blueprints in our FS. Frankly I am not the only high level player who feels this way so it sounds to me like Inno is enraging their long term paying customers by what is felt to be bait switch. A lot of us spent $ including some on troops. I hope Inno gets to the point they don’t have the pay to play to support the free players

Pheryll

Set Designer
Frankly I am not the only high level player who feels this way so it sounds to me like Inno is enraging their long term paying customers by what is felt to be bait switch. A lot of us spent $ including some on troops. I hope Inno gets to the point they don’t have the pay to play to support the free players

It would have felt just as much bait and switch if Inno required 2 blueprints for magic building upgrades chapters 14 and beyond, or if they had two minor upgrades in those later chapters. Blueprints are a investment into the future, and when you reach the last stage, then it is uncertain what is next.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
No worries! My payment information is now deleted from my husband's game for 2 cities, our niece's game for 2 more cities and my 3 cities. The $$ that I spent on this event is the last of my $$ Inno will see.and I pay the bills for all 3 accounts. I do not need this kind of aggravation from a game that is supposed to be fun and relaxing! It was unethical for paying players to change the event buildings that some of us spent $ on getting, which I actually spend $ to swap out for each event, and it is wrong for them to change the value of the blueprints IMO. I'm done spending on this & I don't find it fun to be a play for free player in a game that constantly has things going on that are close to impossible or impossible without spending. No more spending on magic buildings upgrades, events, FA, premium culture buildings, troops, KP, etc. It really does add up! There are just too many alternatives out there to be treated this way by a company I am paying a pretty large amount of $ to for this game to be what I spent the $ for. I'm happy with this decision because I really am a person who puts her money where her mouth is :p

hvariidh gwendrot

i never understood the need for them to "rebalance" in the first place..what new player to a game wont understand others have already been playing and have better stuff ? why penalize players for having the buildings that the game had already offered ? and why even have beta players to "test" things on if you don't use it to have it fixed for live ? .. what they are trying in beta now is what should have been done first, then adjust the numbers to new events and buildings .. i'm all for cutting people slack but this was/is totally bassackwards :cool:

qaccy

@Deborah M
Nice temper tantrum there. You're acting like something's being taken away from you even though that's not the case at all. You even quoted a section of Inno's quoted announcement, stating that you're actually able to receive MORE from the tournaments now by completing all 10 chests (11 RR spells instead of what would be 10 under the current system). Do you even know how many it's going to require to upgrade buildings? Are you aware that you're still able to receive RR spells without spending money at all and it's soon going to become even easier to do so? If you're actually spending $/diamonds on tournaments in order to receive blueprints, you have to consider that, depending on how much you're spending, it's probably a cheaper alternative to just pay diamonds to upgrade your buildings instead. And that at the end of the day, blueprints are technically available to everyone already without spending any money at all.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M
Nice temper tantrum there. You're acting like something's being taken away from you even though that's not the case at all. You even quoted a section of Inno's quoted announcement, stating that you're actually able to receive MORE from the tournaments now by completing all 10 chests (11 RR spells instead of what would be 10 under the current system). Do you even know how many it's going to require to upgrade buildings? Are you aware that you're still able to receive RR spells without spending money at all and it's soon going to become even easier to do so? If you're actually spending $/diamonds on tournaments in order to receive blueprints, you have to consider that, depending on how much you're spending, it's probably a cheaper alternative to just pay diamonds to upgrade your buildings instead. And that at the end of the day, blueprints are technically available to everyone already without spending any money at all.

The program head from elvenar said in the Q & A that it will be 1 RR spell per space. Level 13 magic residence is 16 spaces and Level 13 workshop is 24 spaces. So please do tell how 11 RR spells is an improvement over the blueprint which upgrade one of each per blueprint. SMH!! Of course since you are a free to play I am sure it is very attractive to you to get for free what us pay to play folks have spent a large amount of $$ for. You do not have a clue what we who support the game are losing while we support the game so that you can even play it at all. How do you think Inno pays the bills?

Last edited by a moderator:

hvariidh gwendrot

i've played in a beta game before (never again) and that is where you get served a poop sandwich on occasion and have to take a bite :eek: & me & the girlfriend like playing the game together :rolleyes: :Dso we hope it does all work out and blueprints and RR spells can play together in virtual harmony :D.. hoppy halidaze everyone see you in 2019 :cool:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Looks like the RR spell was pulled from Beta based on feedback.

Sadly, after what they did to event buildings before, which really didn't change anything for me since I switch them out, and now this with the blueprints, I no longer have any degree of trust for Inno. I have to wonder how many remember when they nerfed the magic buildings already. After I bought my first batch of them I could upgrade them same as regular buildings but with more resources. Then they couldn't be upgraded at all for a while. Then they "fixed" it but to upgrade took diamonds. I was very unhappy but I actually saw why from a business perspective. In this case, there isn't a chance nobody realized how this RR proposal would devalue the blueprints for paying players but they tried to float it anyway. As they say "Do it to me once, shame on you. Do it to me twice, shame on me." In this case if I had saved more event buildings it would be "Do it to me 3 times..." As I said before, I put my $ where my mouth is. I cannot trust Inno to respect what I have invested $100 per month average for 3 years in this game to gain so I am still done being a pay to play customer.

edeba

Clueless qaccy, absolutely clueless.

Going from 1 blueprint for a 24 square building from one tournament to 11 restoration spells and needing 2 and 2/11ths tournaments to upgrade the same building is a lot being taken away and completely unethical considering magic building sales have been highly driven by the ability to upgrade 1 building per tournament.

The current system was 1 blueprint per tournament which allowed the upgrading of a 16 square or 24 square building. The conversion for existing blueprints was 1 blueprint for 10 restoration spells, and then the tournament was to give 11 restoration spells.

Not sure how you even come up with the idea of spending diamonds in a tournament.

Critical thinking and analysis - Massive fail and total nonsense.

@Deborah M

Totally agree Deborah. Hopefully they will reconsider. I did a weighted average calculation on the magic workshops and residences and it worked out to about 18 RR per blue print. That is still a considerable take given that most event buildings I was hoping to upgrade are bigger, but it is a conversion rate I can live with because I had not considered the smaller buildings because of the idea of 1bp per building.

Sadly, after what they did to event buildings before, which really didn't change anything for me since I switch them out, and now this with the blueprints, I no longer have any degree of trust for Inno. I have to wonder how many remember when they nerfed the magic buildings already. After I bought my first batch of them I could upgrade them same as regular buildings but with more resources. Then they couldn't be upgraded at all for a while. Then they "fixed" it but to upgrade took diamonds. I was very unhappy but I actually saw why from a business perspective. In this case, there isn't a chance nobody realized how this RR proposal would devalue the blueprints for paying players but they tried to float it anyway. As they say "Do it to me once, shame on you. Do it to me twice, shame on me." In this case if I had saved more event buildings it would be "Do it to me 3 times..." As I said before, I put my $ where my mouth is. I cannot trust Inno to respect what I have invested $100 per month average for 3 years in this game to gain so I am still done being a pay to play customer.

hvariidh gwendrot

i still say the easier fix is to use the crafting to have a recipe for RR spells/with drop down menu (vs this random hell they put me through) then we can each decide when and if we wish to make the RR spell and leave blueprints as something to win in 10th chest .. if the crafting of RR spells is done the same way with the math to what chapter the player is in, then the RR spells would be adjusted to fit each chapter and conversion rates would apply specific to players at each level :cool: