• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

hvariidh gwendrot

we were given a magic residence (oops) awhile back and promised RR spell and got 10 yes, but i'm glad someone called the mod on the worth of 1 vs 10 considering the ratio of exchange .. a lot of players got hurt by the nerf and it was a very poor transition by inno and a very bad showing from them on the explanations on the how whens and whys .. that said they finally got them out and working for that they get some slack but on the whole it was a giant dungfest

Last edited:

qaccy

Just coming in and bumping this thread to share that I got an unexpected rush from finally getting around to using some of these things. Glad I held on to my Tower of the Winter King from 2016 for so long to be able to bring it up to a more modern level of glory!

Deleted User - 3932582

Just coming in and bumping this thread to share that I got an unexpected rush from finally getting around to using some of these things. Glad I held on to my Tower of the Winter King from 2016 for so long to be able to bring it up to a more modern level of glory!
Just checked the Tower of the Winter King on EA. Wow, what a pop monster! Pretty much the highest pop per square in the game. Good call on holding on to it (even though I doubt that it was well planned decision in anticipation of RRs coming in 2+ years later ;) )

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Some might argue it was great planning, they now have one of the most powerful pop buildings in the game. We don't know when if ever this building will be available again, even if it does come again they have a chance to have 2 :):rolleyes:

Risen Malchiah

I do wonder how many people even kept it, and other items from that event, since they were part of the Great Nerfing of Buildings.
I ditched all my early winter stuff, some well before the concept of RR came up, but others after the nerfing. I did however keep my Great Auction and spent RR to upgrade it.... only for it to show up as a daily in the next event. So maybe the Winter King will come back as well, though honestly I'd prefer if it didn't even if I might want it. Anyone who has one paid for it and it's kind of a testament to how long someone has played. Grand prizes from back then should remain rare.

edeba

They were grand prizes, could only get one, and some you could get with purchases unless you were ultra lucky. They made them daily prizes where you could get multiple copies... Crazy.

I ditched all my early winter stuff, some well before the concept of RR came up, but others after the nerfing. I did however keep my Great Auction and spent RR to upgrade it.... only for it to show up as a daily in the next event. So maybe the Winter King will come back as well, though honestly I'd prefer if it didn't even if I might want it. Anyone who has one paid for it and it's kind of a testament to how long someone has played. Grand prizes from back then should remain rare.

qaccy

I think Inno mentioned fairly early on that they wanted to give us the ability to upgrade event buildings. It just took them a really long time to finally bring it to us. The rebalancing of old buildings did happen quite a while ago after all, and allowing upgrades for event buildings was first mentioned even longer before that (though a reminder did come with the rebalancing that it was on the way).

Anyway, the main reason I held on to it (along with the other two grand prizes from that event) was as a trophy. I still have grand prize 2 and 3 from the Eldrasil event as well for a similar reason. It'll take me a while to upgrade them all to relevancy since I choose to be in a very casual FS where I end up contributing roughly half of the total tournament participation, but they aren't going anywhere!

Risen Malchiah

It'll take me a while to upgrade them all to relevancy since I choose to be in a very casual FS where I end up contributing roughly half of the total tournament participation, but they aren't going anywhere!
Wow, you're not kidding. With a 3-5k tourney average, you deserve to be in a fellowship that gets 10 chests. Any 9-10 chest fellowship would kill to have you join their ranks. Arendyll peeps start sniping. ;)