• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser

@Risen Malchiah
Hmmmm...on February 29th, it changes your city; depending on which day of the week the 29th falls on, all of your buildings are 'skinned' with multiple shades of a color. It could be mauve or magenta on Monday; teal or topaz on Tuesday; walnut, wasabi, wedgewood, wintergreen, or woodstock on Wednesday; tangerine or taupe on Thursday; forest green or fuchsia on Friday; Saturday and Sunday get sable, saffron, seafoam green, shrimp, silver, or sunflower. At some point during the day, you have a chance to choose which building or item you get to keep in that color. The change is permanent, even if the building can be upgraded.

The other two I'll have to actually think about. :p

@shimmerfly
Now imagine how horribly wrong it could have turned out:
Tom Thor.jpg

:D

Risen Malchiah

@Risen Malchiah
Hmmmm...on February 29th, it changes your city; depending on which day of the week the 29th falls on, all of your buildings are 'skinned' with multiple shades of a color. It could be mauve or magenta on Monday; teal or topaz on Tuesday; walnut, wasabi, wedgewood, wintergreen, or woodstock on Wednesday; tangerine or taupe on Thursday; forest green or fuchsia on Friday; Saturday and Sunday get sable, saffron, seafoam green, shrimp, silver, or sunflower.
Hahaha with my luck, I'll have to wait 40 years for fuchsia. Call me crazy, but something tells me I won't still have room for this community building by then as I try to squeeze in my T37 boosts. I'll also be 81 years old and probably interested more in holodecks by then.

DeletedUser10133

Well I like either the 1x4 or 2x2 we already have a lot of 4x or 3x 1's and I find I have lots of open spaces in the 4x1 area.
I have similiar situation. I have a lot of open spaces that are only 1x or x1. Sure down in one corner I've got more room, but no way to put anything because a road would take up all the room (at least until I put an extension right next to it). 2x's are hard to come by when you're packed in and unable to change buildings around by placing them on top of another to move it.

Inno's Forge of Empire's team allows this on their game and it's quite handy when you need to move something for something else.

DeletedUser

Well, here we apparently have it. Poll #3 ended yesterday, and S&C came out on top.

2018-04-11 (2).png

So that's a 2x2
Culture + Population Boost
Fits in with the S&C Chapter

What's the next step?

DeletedUser10133

ok, except - pick a size for a community bldg - I don't understand any other info! What is it? What I have read is confusing or incomplete or all of the above; oh, & some of us don't understand some terms &/or phrases used with explanations, or if familiar with term(s); i don't get them within this context. I am saying this feeling quite out of my element & just plain stoopid! :confused:o_O This is also a contest?...More good explanation would be needed I think, or maybe it's just me!
Still here, still just me, still love this game & will roll with the changes as best I can! Have fun keep smilin! (PS- would need more info for answering the question for size of community bldg if don't know what everything is about. Have had need of all sizes for fitting in unused spaces - tho i do like 2x2 bldgs). &>..smiles!:) from k4k(short version!)
Basically what it's saying is that there is no info to it yet. We as the community on the forum and social media are deciding what the building is by size and origin

DeletedUser10133

Well, here we apparently have it. Poll #3 ended yesterday, and S&C came out on top.

So that's a 2x2

What's the next step?
Does this include social media or just the forum?

Pheryll

Set Designer

So that's a 2x2
What's the next step?

There are other polls on other forums. Not sure if that changes anything, but it does mean more data.

DeletedUser10133

There are other polls on other forums. Not sure if that changes anything, but it does mean more data.
alright? so where would they be? I've looked on Instagram and I'm looking on FaceBook. I can't seem to find anything

Risen Malchiah

The results on Elvenar's facebook page include these:

981 likes for population, 208 for production, 145 for culture
512 for 2x2, 95 for 1x4, 80 for 4x1

The style wasn't asked in the same "like, love or laugh" format and just has comments which I didn't count up but includes some of everything, including ones that aren't available like mermaids, gnomes and aliens. :p

DeletedUser

For size
  1. 4x1
    8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 2x2
    39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. 1x4
    9 vote(s)
    16.1%

For effect
  1. Culture + Extra Culture (Extra!)
    15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Culture + Population Boost
    22 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Culture + Production (Dependent on Chapter)
    7 vote(s)
    15.9%
For style
  1. Dwarves
    3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Fairies
    2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Orcs & Goblins
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Woodelves
    10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Sorcerers & Dragons
    3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Halflings
    2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Elementals
    4 vote(s)
    16.7%

For size
  1. 2*2
    44 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. 1*4
    7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. 4*1
    11 vote(s)
    17.7%
For effect
  1. Culture + Extra Culture on top
    7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Culture + Population boost
    19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Culture + Production (type of production varying based on the chapter)
    16 vote(s)
    38.1%
For style
  1. Dwarves
    3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Fairies
    5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Orcs & Goblins
    1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Wood Elves
    15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  5. Sorcerers & Dragons
    11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  6. Halflings
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Elementals
    8 vote(s)
    18.6%

Risen Malchiah

Depending on how the different forums are weighted, we may have either Woodelf or S&D. The 2x2 and pop and culture seem to be the common winner.
Haha what is is this, the 3/5th compromise? Even if they weighted the other servers more for some reason, it's kinda hard for the 25 or so international and beta votes for woodelves to count more than the 365 S&D votes here. My money is on a 2x2 S&D building.

The question I have is how the population votes get tallied. Because on all the forums, the choice was population and culture combined, whereas on facebook, the choice just said population (without mentioning culture) which is why I believe those votes where so high (981 is a lot and is over 6 times what the vote for culture was). I think everyone there thought they were voting on a pure population building and at least THAT would be somewhat unique.

annen1

Ok, I have some questions:
*Is INNO going to proceed with this project one way or another?
*If so what would INNO profit from the most a lot of people get the building (more money spent) or a few people get the building (if that fact was known ahead of time not very many people would participate in that challenge -- therefore not as much money)? It shouldn't be difficult for the powers at INNO to come to a decision on that one.
*The 3 communities that came on best in the voting were Faries 22.8% of the vote, Woodelves18.4% of the vote, and Sorcerers & Dragons 33.5% of the vote. That leaves 24.7 %. I'm not a
voting statistician, but I don't think revoting is going to change the outcome enough to affect a clear victory (50%) for one Guest Race. ?
*So, can I suggest that the 1st of these "Community Representative" building be the highest vote which is Sorcerers and Dragons? The Buildings That are Representative of Guest Races follow suit according to the voting. (of course they are going to build more representative buildings -- they like making money.) Do any of you have a really strong opposition to that, as long as, WE the players all have an equal chance at trying to win said building(s)? Also, as long as, the competition for the building isn't something that is almost impossible. I really think that all any of us want is a little variety now and then and competitions that are doable. NO? YES?
* The size of the building that won the building is 2x2. It won by 70% of the vote. I don't see how you can get around changing that size since 70% of the voters wanted that size. 70% represents the players choice. Granted I'm in the 30% that wants another size, 1x4 or 4x1. But I do see the value of a2x2 it is very hard to place my 1x4 and 4x1 buildings. I think i heard somewhere in the game that when your deciding on which building to keep or get rid of it is a matter of how much culture and/or population brings to your village per square of expansion.
So if the building had, say 2000pop and 2000culture or better, per building I could definitely think about doing a Quest Line type competition for that How about You?