• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Feeding Pets as an option for giving neighborly help.

I don't think this would be a good idea for a lot of reasons already stated. Which pet do you feed? Not everybody gets an overflow of pet food. For ex. I am out of pet food right now. I think INNO offered too many "buildings" that require pet food. I would rather see worthwhile buildings that do not require pet food or less feeding needed per building.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Would this mean you could only feed 5 pets at any given time, until one of the feeding effects wears off?
Are you asking about the Zookeeper hut? If it works like the builders hut, you can build without having the builder buffs. So, I don't see it limiting a player to using pet food only when boosted. It's more like being a boost for when you do use a pet food.
The questions become: when does the keeper return to the hut and how do they stack if you decided to apply all 5 boosts to one bldg?
Assume having unlocked all 5 keepers and using lvl 10 fire chicken as an example: feed 5 pet foods. That would have the feeding active for 5 days. Is each PF boosted independently? Does the first keeper return to the hut after the first PF feeding expires? To me it seems this method would track with the builders and their hut the closest. It would likely reduce any potential abuse issues.
I think that's really the only way to do it.
Here I started trying to think of another way, started out confused and it devolved from there:

*Lots of confusion in my mind when I try to think of how to make it so all 5 boosts are applied as soon as the pet is fed. Do the keepers return to the hut? Can you then add a 6th boost to a fed pet after zookeeper hut gets polished? So, you'd have a higher percentage boost for the first day of the feeding, regular feeding effect for the next 4 days? Or 5 days if you came back and added another boost on Day 2? What about if you added 5 boosted PF's on the 2nd day? Ugh...I'm not going to be able to figure this out, lol!*

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The pet food "issue" isn't really one about duration as I see it.
Even if buffs lasted 100% longer I'd still never use my own pet food on most buildings, which makes their ability kinda useless.

So, can we somehow use a Keeper to buff a building without the use of pet food? Perhaps an interface on the "collect tab" where you can click to use?
Zook2.png

In this case, the keeper used could be
1. unavailable for the duration of the buff it gives: 2.4h (10% of the feeding effect which is 24h for this pet)
2. unavailable until you collect from this building (4h11m in the example, but can be from 0-48h)
3. unavailable for a standard duration (literally any time interval deemed fair/balanced)

There should, of course, be a diamond option as well so inno can get something out of it aside from the diamond cost to upgrade your Keeper's Hut.

Laina

Let's maybe look in a different direction. How about a garden stone or flower that just increases any pet feeding duration by 5%. The stone could last 60 days like the current stones and flowers. No Hut required and no keeping track of which pets have been fed and when.

SoggyShorts

How about a garden stone or flower that just increases any pet feeding duration by 5%.
It's your thread, so you can take it in any direction you wish but the duration isn't really a big problem: No one has enough pet food to feed 10+ pets per day so they have to choose just 1 or 2. For example,

I can sustainably feed my
  • Firebird 1x per week
  • Polar bear 1x per week
  • Ashen phoenix 1x per event
and that's about it.

If I feed my
  • red panda
  • aureate phoenix
  • storm phoenix
  • winter owl
  • brown bear
  • moon bear
  • racoon
  • coldfire phoenix
  • twilight phoenix

Then I'll be at zero pet food, and even if I had 20 buildings that each gave me +5% for double duration, I'd still have maybe 1-2 petfood for next week if I get lucky in the Magic Academy this weekend.

Laina

I like all of these ideas. It would be great to have the zookeeper giving up to 5 feedings with buffs from your neighbors but would also be nice to extend the length of feedings with a building. Either a 60-day garden stone, or a permanent evolvable building that gives you 10% increase to feeding effect duration, to 100% at level 10. That way the pets you are feeding gives you benefits for longer. The artifacts to evolve the building can cost blueprints or diamonds, so that Innogames can make a little profit as well.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While I think a pet food "help" is way overpowered. I think there's an opportunity in the idea. Some sort of alternate-random-perk which is a fraction of something else maybe and is a game-assigned random.

I.e.: Select "Random Help" to have your "help click" become one of the items on a list which are mostly the equivalent of broken rune shards in the form of "chits" to assemble items.

• 1/10 chit for a pet food
  • 1/2 chit for a basic enchantment spell
  • 1/5 chit for a CC
  • 1/5 chit for a Teleport
  • 5% coins instant
  • 5% supplies instant
  • 3KP instant
etc....

Then when a person signs on in the morning they get the extra dopamine hit of seeing what showed up in their "random help" inventory since yesterday.

Edit, or to alleviate having to create a whole subsystem for chits, just have it a random chance (below does not add up to 100%, just samples):

• 1% a pet food
  • 1% This month's Evolution Artifact
  • 1% 1-50% Vitality surge
  • 1% - 50% portal profit
  • 2% 1 - CC
  • 2% Teleport Spell
  • 3% a MM
  • 5% 3KP instant
  • 5% a PP
  • 5% a EE
  • 5% Timer 5 hours X 3
  • 10% Timer 5 hours X1
  • 20% Portal Profit 5%
  • 20% Coins instant 5%
  • 20% Supplies instant 5%

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Good Grief! Why don't y'all bite off a bigger chunk of chaos to debate!! lol
As the suggestion stands, I would vote no.
The value Elvenar has placed on pet food and the sheer number of possibilities to posit would make it untenable.
However, I think that given the number of pets now in circulation, some sort of small boost to pet food would be very welcome by everyone.
imho I think we should pursue the zookeepers hut solution. That building could then be added as an option for NH. I also think that the devs would be far more likely to entertain our request if the zookeepers hut NH had a cumulative effect that resulted in a whole petfood being granted after so many NH's to that building from different neighbors. I also think they would limit the number of petfood you could receive in a given time period because it has such a high value.
REMEMBER that for every good thing we are granted the devs take something away. Consider carefully.

SoggyShorts

a cumulative effect that resulted in a whole petfood being granted after so many NH's to that building from different neighbors.
Unfortunately, this brings the whole "coin city" issue back to the top.
REMEMBER that for every good thing we are granted the devs take something away. Consider carefully
With the diamond cost of upgrading the hut, and the diamond option implemented I think that alleviates this.
I also think they would limit the number of petfood you could receive in a given time period because it has such a high value.
For sure, and having a cooldown on your Keepers could accomplish this if done right

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not Soggy (just slightly damp) but I don't think he's talking about push cities. The 'coin city' issue is one where many players have a huge number of gold mines instead of actual cities. Those players would be at a real disadvantage if benefits were tied to receiving visits from unique neighbors since gold mine/coin cities can't visit them. They'd be at a disadvantage even if all visits/polishes from neighbors counted, but less so than if it had to be different neighbors.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Not Soggy (just slightly damp) but I don't think he's talking about push cities. The 'coin city' issue is one where many players have a huge number of gold mines instead of actual cities. Those players would be at a real disadvantage if benefits were tied to receiving visits from unique neighbors since gold mine/coin cities can't visit them. They'd be at a disadvantage even if all visits/polishes from neighbors counted, but less so than if it had to be different neighbors.
Ahhh, I didn't even think about that. duh. Thanks for the clarification.