• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They are all 30+ seconds long in the mobile app. And if you exit the ad before it is done and you have the big X to tap, you don't get a reward. And that is how they are in every mobile game I have ever played. I am surprised they are different in the browser.
Thanks for letting me know. Wow.

lauren1957

Two people above mentioned 30 second ads. I have used the ads a lot, both the drops and the hobby room, and I've never seen a 30-second ad. I've seen a few 10-second ads but most of them are 5-seconds.

If they were 30 second, I'd hate them, but 5 seconds for a chance to win 18 diamonds (and a guaranteed win of something, anyway) is fine by me.
I have been informed by friends that on some mobile devices, the ads do indeed last 30 seconds. Those I have asked who play on a desktop/laptop have to endure only 4-to-8 seconds. I wouldn't know because INNO REFUSES TO GIVE ME THE HOBBY LOBBY. Thus, I am buying no diamonds, not progressing in the tech tree, and may very well abandon the land. But hey, let's spend months upgrading those who never got to chapter 5 on their own.

:eek: just make them go away ...... :rolleyes_human:
HAHA. Nobody is forcing you to watch them ;-)

Reverse psychology, Inno-style? Bwahahaha
Yeah, bwahahahaha indeed. But it's really not funny. It's kinda pathetic.

That's not how experiments work. Subjects in either the control or test groups are not told which group they are in; that would invalidate the results of the experiment. You were told you were in the experimental group; not whether you were a control subject or a test subject within that group. And that experimental group did not have to include everyone on your server; it's quite likely that at this stage, a smaller sample size would give better results.
You don't know the reasons for who was chosen for which section, and you don't need to know; if you did, it could skew the data collected from your participation. You also don't know that this was a random rollout (as you put it) or not; again, not something you need to know as a participant.
I do have to know. Because if I am always going to be forced to play at a disadvantage... there are other games by other companies that are just as much fun, and less $$ hungry. I play Sudoku and other word games on another site. $59 a year and no need to buy anything else in order to enjoy full benefit of the games. As it should be. As it is NOT with this game at the current time.

hvariidh gwendrot

i started this thread to complain about having the ads and how creative we could get with our dislike ... so complaints and responses are what the thread is suppossed to be, .. and they are not pop ups so they can not be blocked .. and if something pops up in the middle of my screen every time i go to a city saying i have rewards in my city/aka ads, then a reel that moves around every time i log in, it's not something you can really ignore, yes you can not watch the ads but you can't ignore the intrusions

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I was encouraging folks to watch the ads when they first came out as a way to support Elvenar. Now I tell them to not waste their time. I agree that the constant messages in game are annoying! This game is going down the drain so fast that I no longer believe anything will really make a difference in the future of Elvenar. That includes spending money on diamonds or anything else.

Ggal

True, I've spent many real dollars on the game. Also true, I can ignore the hobby room and the once a day reel that pops up. What frosts my cookie is when I put out resources in the magic academy to get vitality only to find in tournament Inno wants me to watch an ad to use that vitality! How soon will it be before we have to watch ads to use basic resources or upgrade a building? I know, you'll say Inno won't do that but how many players would have said a year ago that Inno would add pop up ads?

Fayeanne

What frosts my cookie is when I put out resources in the magic academy to get vitality only to find in tournament Inno wants me to watch an ad to use that vitality!
From what I can tell, you don't have to watch the ad to use a Vitality Surge. When selecting to heal a unit after battle, if you have any Vitality instants in your inventory, you can just click those and ignore the ad button altogether.

Glandeh

From what I can tell, you don't have to watch the ad to use a Vitality Surge. When selecting to heal a unit after battle, if you have any Vitality instants in your inventory, you can just click those and ignore the ad button altogether.
That's true. Watching an add is just another option to heal your troops.

Deleted User - 849411552

Ads just came to my game this week. My ad blocker takes care of them. But what I dislike it that every time I return to the city screen there is a popup message saying, "There's a treasure in this city!" No, really there isn't.

Why do the developers not have the courtesy to allow us to switch off this "feature". I've paid more than enough to play this game in peace already. No more irritating messages!

Deleted User - 849411552

On mobile it says, "An incident has appeared". Do we need to call emergency services? Its almost funny.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I would certainly hope they change the location of these ad icons on the outskirt of the maps. We already have to scroll around the edges for event currency. Having a (short) break between events is nice.. now these ad's are showing up all around the edges. Never get a break unless you skip something entirely. - Just move the ad icon to the top center slot, and keep it there. Nice and simple.

The 5 second ad's are nice(ish). I saw one 10 second add which annoyed me. If inno starts making them longer, then ill just skip them entirely.

I do occasionally get an ad icon on browser, that will get an error and nothing will go through.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
They show up in the exact same places event currency and chest, if you go to someone's city to say 'hi neighbor'.
yea... thats why it annoys me. I enjoy my breaks of not having to scour the city edges after every event... i only get a small break... now i get none :( - Thats why id rather it just be in that one top center location. One spot, no searching.

(side note) Lets be honest here.... ppl can argue about ad's all they want. But... me having to work to go purposely find ads..... Just... no.. lol

getmomo

yea... thats why it annoys me. I enjoy my breaks of not having to scour the city edges after every event... i only get a small break... now i get none :( - Thats why id rather it just be in that one top center location. One spot, no searching.

(side note) Lets be honest here.... ppl can argue about ad's all they want. But... me having to work to go purposely find ads..... Just... no.. lol
Why do you have to go find the ads? If you don't like them ignore them.

SlyLady

They are all 30+ seconds long in the mobile app. And if you exit the ad before it is done and you have the big X to tap, you don't get a reward. And that is how they are in every mobile game I have ever played. I am surprised they are different in the browser.
I play in browser where the ads are generally 5-10 sec, although I've had a couple longer up to 30 sec. What irritates me, is that you cannot X out of an ad once it starts. I'd prefer to be able to skip the ad and lose the reward, but in the browser, you can't X out until the ad is finished.