• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Amuni

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Time to start using PoP spells even though I don't need to
LoL yup, same boat. Technically I have 6,000,000 mana I could get from PoP spells, but 650 days of buffing seems like so much waste:eek:
Instead I'm trying to pick culture pieces that I know I will keep for a long time and dumping EE on them. (the new "stone of Stars" 2x3 is a pretty decent candidate at 5200 culture 866/sq)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3602

You know how Elven Architect calculates your Mana production? Does anyone know the minimum amount you should be producing for the Amuni Chapter? Or is that impossible to say, because of all the extra mana you can generate with the Dragon Abbey?

Shyama1

The new race looks interesting. And a whole new row of expansions - ohh wait, only if you are willing to pay $$$$$$$. Remove the cap - your events require us to open provinces - so remove the cap. Even if it would take 12 or 15 provinces to garner an expansion - that is more fair than making the expansions only about $$$$$$$$$$$.

The issue with these 12 new expansions for me is not their cost, but the fact that I can get only 9 out of the 12:

I have completed 465 provinces so I can no longer get Provinces Expansions, but I have 4 of them ready to place in my inventory.
There is City Expansion 44 in Amuni Chapter, so that's one more.
And finally, Inno added 4 Premium Expansions (28 to 31)

So thats 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 Expansions I will be able to place.

My question is: How am I gonna fill the 3 last Expansions ?

Would that be really too demanding that Inno adds 3 more Province Expansions (61-63) ? This way we could get our full 12 new expansions, and players would still need to buy the 4 new Premium expansions, so there would be no loss for Inno on this side.

DeletedUser3254

The new race looks interesting. And a whole new row of expansions - ohh wait, only if you are willing to pay $$$$$$$. Remove the cap - your events require us to open provinces - so remove the cap. Even if it would take 12 or 15 provinces to garner an expansion - that is more fair than making the expansions only about $$$$$$$$$$$.

That is my issue with the new race. It is not only unreasonable to expect someone to pay $40 (and up) for expansions that were able to be achieved through finishing providences. That is not Stategy, that borders on Larceny.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Floripa80 I'm thinking it varies quite a bit. You have your starting saved up balance + your daily production from mana producing culture + Dragon Abbey + Maze of Dark Matter + a bit from Enar's Embassy per scout. Those all vary a lot based on which culture/mana you have and the level of the Ancient Wonders if you even have those. Add in decay and how long which mana dependent productions take to upgrade and I'm thinking there is no way to really answer your question.

@Shyama1 According to the Q&A Timon (developer) indicated there should be 3 left over. Apparently there is a variance for 2 of them if you were playing a long time ago and bought all the expansions a long time ago. In that case there is only 1 left

DeletedUser3254

The issue with these 12 new expansions for me is not their cost, but the fact that I can get only 9 out of the 12:

I have completed 465 provinces so I can no longer get Provinces Expansions, but I have 4 of them ready to place in my inventory.
There is City Expansion 44 in Amuni Chapter, so that's one more.
And finally, Inno added 4 Premium Expansions (28 to 31)

So thats 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 Expansions I will be able to place.

My question is: How am I gonna fill the 3 last Expansions ?

Would that be really too demanding that Inno adds 3 more Province Expansions (61-63) ? This way we could get our full 12 new expansions, and players would still need to buy the 4 new Premium expansions, so there would be no loss for Inno on this side.

I am not quite understaning the Maths here. I have 475 completed Provinces, but only was able to purchase 1 Research expansion with Coins or Diamonds. My First premium expansion costs 9500 Diamonds. Or over $70!!! From what I have heard, they get even more expensive!

SoggyShorts

Does anyone know the minimum amount you should be producing for the Amuni Chapter?
  • To run 4 level 4 trap makers on 9h+9h+3h should cost about 80K or 5x3h+9= 120K
  • The first techs are each 200-300K mana
  • Building/Upgrading GoldSmiths and Traps costs 60/100K per for about 4m
It'll be a much bigger pain to get rolling for upcoming players than it was for those waiting on the chapter. Having ~2,000,000 mana on day one was enough to get through all the mana techs and set up your first 10 buildings. Without that kind of a startup it will take and extra 10-14 days to get rolling.

My recommendation is to have the space for your settlement pre-planned and fill it with libraries ASAP after you finish elementals(which is the same advice since woodelves)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That is my issue with the new race. It is not only unreasonable to expect someone to pay $40 (and up) for expansions that were able to be achieved through finishing providences. That is not Stategy, that borders on Larceny.
Boarding Schools, Christmas et al are coming, someone needs to pay for those things....looks like America will be paying a good part.

DeletedUser9601

It'll be a much bigger pain to get rolling for upcoming players than it was for those waiting on the chapter. Having ~2,000,000 mana on day one was enough to get through all the mana techs and set up your first 10 buildings. Without that kind of a startup it will take and extra 10-14 days to get rolling.

While I was away last week I was thinking about making a separate thread on "Mana/Seeds and Amuni," so I'm glad to come back to this discussion. Since I'm in the boat of "rolling right in from Elementals," which I found to be very mana-intensive for the last few weeks (mainly the tech costs), I appreciate all these summaries.

Some thoughts:
-it seems like divine seeds aren't as needed in huge chunks at the outset (no 40K seed tech costs, for instance), other than to keep up production of T4.
-since seeds are more plentiful, I think upgrading Grape Farms to Torch Fountains is worth the loss of culture. Getting 11K seeds for a Torch Fountain takes me a little more than half a day.
-I'm holding off building Elemental Streets, which are 11K mana per square. I might add some after I get Golds/Traps up and running, but the 1M+mana needed to unlock the first 5 techs makes upgraded streets (and their 2M+ pricetag) feel like a luxury. EDIT - not quite as much tech mana needed as initially thought, since I need to beeline T5, not beeline Traps/Golds like I initially though.

It seems like a pretty challenging puzzle - I'm excited!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
-since seeds are more plentiful, I think upgrading Grape Farms to Torch Fountains is worth the loss of culture. Getting 11K seeds for a Torch Fountain takes me a little more than half a day.

Torch fountains have a better mana density per square than any Amuni non-diamond building. If you can afford the 6 hour collection, getting these going early is the best possible outcome.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm really liking the flexibility too! Like now if I upgrade my Mercenary camp I can save one of my culture/pop I thought I was going to have to sell off :cool: Every little bit of pop helps now!

I feel a bit put to shame :( While I do a jigsaw puzzle with all of the available expansions, I looked at another city that is not anywhere close to all of them and yet has all of the Amuni goldsmiths and trap makers. I'm impressed!

Adding: At least the Bath of Pleasures that has to be built for one of the quests has a bit of pop and a nice cat finally :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

I feel a bit put to shame :( While I do a jigsaw puzzle with all of the available expansions, I looked at another city that is not anywhere close to all of them and yet has all of the Amuni goldsmiths and trap makers. I'm impressed!
Obviously max expansions are a nice thing to have. But I do notice that fellow players with max expansions aren't as ruthless as I am (and some others I play with). I'm much more inclined to dump old culture buildings, and I have no sentimentality about AWs that just aren't useful enough.

Plus, I would have liked to have a few months to level up AWs, and upgrade streets in between Elementals and Amuni. But it didn't happen. If it had though, it would have been hard to fill my expansion space with useful buildings, then have to delete them all later on when the new chapter hit. I can see that making the jigsaw puzzle decisions much harder.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
While there are some obvious advantage to max expansions (space and wonder bonuses) it can create much more of a challenge for new races. Most people fill that bonus space so they are forced to make hard choices when buildings change size. Those without max expansions have to fit things into less space but have the ability to go get another expansion to alleviate some of the pain

With the new wonders does anyone see much benefit in the lighthouse of good neighbourhood? Seems a bit of a "line ball" wonder due to its size.

DeletedUser

While there are some obvious advantage to max expansions (space and wonder bonuses) it can create much more of a challenge for new races. Most people fill that bonus space so they are forced to make hard choices when buildings change size. Those without max expansions have to fit things into less space but have the ability to go get another expansion to alleviate some of the pain

With the new wonders does anyone see much benefit in the lighthouse of good neighbourhood? Seems a bit of a "line ball" wonder due to its size.

I think it was in the gems of knowledge (but not sure) that the lighthouse will be replaced with another new building. My question is, will it automatically upgrade to whatever level each players lighthouse is since it is replacing it???. Probably not, but there is always hope.

SoggyShorts

There's a thread by @Pheryll with some math that makes it look pretty crappy.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/lighthouse-of-good-neighborhood.16983/
I think it was in the gems of knowledge (but not sure) that the lighthouse will be replaced with another new building. My question is, will it automatically upgrade to whatever level each players lighthouse is since it is replacing it???.
I have not seen anything anywhere mentioning this, and if it was true, they would just tweak the stats of the lighthouse, not replace it--so yes it would be the same level just like last time they tweaked it.

DeletedUser9601

Not sure what "line ball" means, but I doubt I will be using it. Maybe next chapter if the primary mana building is something closer to a grape farm (high culture/decent mana), but not now.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

I do tend to add some new buildings when a chapter is over but I also make sure to leave space for events, etc. even though I know I will be bulldozing most event buildings in a short time. I'm thinking the players who fill all the space with factories are those who put a much higher priority on ranking points. While I do care about maintaining my ranking I also have several other priorities. I want my city to be useful for all of the various aspects of the game. I look at some that are built out more than I am and I just don't see the point. Obviously, after the chapter is done I could build a bunch of factories I do not need and run up ranking points. I just have no interest in doing that since I don't want to go through the jigsaw puzzle when a new event or FA comes along. So, the advantage of having all of the expansions is only very relevant when I'm starting a new chapter like now.