• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders?

Lemon Wren

I would not delete your EndlessEx this is a great Wonder. Raise it up a couple of levels and you will be happy. GA comes into its own well and truly by orc chapter where the pop per square far outweighs the houses. * sorry for the edit, automangle is very unkind when wrestling with the spelling for orc. :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks for the feedback. :)

Lemon Wren

Spire and Tournament are a challenge but they also offer the best rewards! Does it cost to get those rewards, Yes! The rewards are better than the cost, the spire basically gives you everything you need to complete it, Coin Rains to refill coins, Supply Instants to refill supplies, Time Boosters to refill Troops, Diamonds to use on extra tries on the convinces and lots of great buildings. I have topped the Spire since the first week I unlocked it and I have never looked back. Granted, I have a love/hate relationship with the Spire but I would never "not" keep going to the top!

I'm currently at a timed gate in the second map of the final third of the spire. I think I'd read so much about how awful it is that I was psyched for something much more difficult. Glad I'm going for the whole enchilada. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Gkyr

Chef
I don't agree with Jikuyn's analysis regarding GAs [we need to define "maximally-efficient", "worse", and "bad"] but I do not care to follow it up. This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby, not drawing blood from a housefly.

Deleted User - 849402856

I am sorry Gkyr, dont look at the math under the spoiler if it causes you pain. I am pretending I never saw the math under the spoiler! I love my GA

Edit: for clarity.

Although GA may increase tournament/spire difficulty more than residences do (for the same amount of population), arguments can still be made in favor of GA. For example, to take advantage of the higher efficiency of residences, a player has to be able to place lots of expansions to build residences on. However, placing more expansions may not always be possible because the player has used up all available expansions or because the price of premium expansions has become prohibitively expensive.

In other words, the argument in favor of residences assumes that the number of expansions one can place is unlimited. That may not necessarily be the case, and GA may come in handy under some constraint on the number of expansions.

I know that the effect of expansions on tournament/spire difficulty has already been included in @Jikuyin's calculation, and the point I am making is a different issue.

To @Iyapo1: I know that you have invested heavily in your GA, and just wanted to say that the investment may still be worth it. If many people agree that GA is really good, I believe there would be some truth to that. If the calculation says otherwise, then the calculation might be missing something important.

Iyapo1

To @Iyapo1: I know that you have invested heavily in your GA, and just wanted to say that the investment may still be worth it. If many people agree that GA is really good, I believe there would be some truth to that. If the calculation says otherwise, then the calculation might be missing something important.
Love. The calculation does not include love!

Seriously though, good point about the expansions being limited. I had not looked at it that way.

My bottom line(excluding love) is that should I choose to do so(not going to happen) I can always remove the GA if it becomes a problem(which it is not doing at lv 29). I can not remove an expansion.

Gkyr

Chef
Now just to prove it's doable I have zero residences and a constant 170%+ culture bonus with zero pure culture buildings)
What manner of retooling allowed you to remove all of your res and maintain pop? It seems that you would also need a lot of buildings. Is the effort limited because of hard-to-get buildings?

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

What manner of retooling allowed you to remove all of your res and maintain pop? It seems that you would also need a lot of buildings. Is the effort limited because of hard-to-get buildings?
He uses hybrid pop/culture buildings.

Not really hard-to-get, but did require some planning and grabbing up as many of the top pop hybrid award buildings as he could. : )

Soggy Winy.jpg

Gkyr

Chef
Not really hard-to-get, but did require some planning and grabbing up as many of the top pop hybrid award buildings as he could. : )
Please excuse my ignorance but this noob cannot recognize the buildings in illustration. I suppose it is not worth it. I could never collect as many event buildings as needed.

NightshadeCS

... cannot recognize the buildings in illustration.
Venar's Rocks III and Goblin Gift Shops.

One would have to have the list of event buildings ahead of time, identify the ones that have a truly superior pop-per-square value (pretty easy with the list of population buildings on ElvenArchitect), and then save all of your event currency for the day that building is the Daily Exclusive.

Approx 50% of my pop came from event buildings for years until recently. Now just to prove it's doable I have zero residences
How do you have enough coins? I have alot of culture bldgs that give pop, and I’ve thought about killing some to build residences because I have a coin shortage due to the Spire. Any suggestion?

Iyapo1

I might get stomped on for this....

No clue what chapter you are in, but for anyone below chapter 8...

How do you have enough coins? I have alot of culture bldgs that give pop, and I’ve thought about killing some to build residences because I have a coin shortage due to the Spire. Any suggestion?
It is really difficult to run a low level city off Pop/Cult buildings. My advice to you is visit elvenarchitect and start compairing your buildings per square performance. If it is not better than a house per square, get rid of it! Go for coins!

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Please excuse my ignorance but this noob cannot recognize the buildings in illustration. I suppose it is not worth it. I could never collect as many event buildings as needed.
In one winter event it is often possible to get ~20 daily prizes so if there is one that offers better pop/sq a player should be able to replace at least half of their residences after such an event. You probably shouldn't do more than half until much later though (see below)
I'm basically a pure auto-fighter*, so I need very little coin.
Doing my FS visits and collecting from my Golden Abyss + some event buildings like the phoenix gives me more than enough coins- in fact I'm still using them to buy KP every single day.
If you negotiate/cater/convince more than "rarely" then I would not recommend following my example unless you are willing to visit your neighbors for coins, and even then keeping at least a handful of magic residences would probably be best.

*sometimes when ultra-lazy I cater an entire tournament and if coins are an issue I can just pop a coin rain of which I have boatloads since I craft and win from spire without otherwise ever spending except on quests.

Iyapo1

Doesn't that put your KP coin cost through the stratosphere?
Some players think of the KP they can buy with coins as an emergency stash. Some would like a bigger stash than others.
As long as the cost of my KP is less than 5% of my MH capacity, I buy it. I would rather have it on my tech tree or in my wonders than on my stash pile.

Gkyr

Chef
As long as the cost of my KP is less than 5% of my MH capacity, I buy it. I would rather have it on my tech tree or in my wonders than on my stash pile.
I've been buying ~4-12 KP every day for years and My cost is just over 5% of my MH capacity.
My cost per KP is now over 4 million and I still buy a few almost every day to avoid maxing out. And my level 40 main hall holds 100 million.
A noob can only begin to imagine the magnitude... :oops: