• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders?

Momonar

@ed1960 MM is definitely on my list after I have done the research! I hadn't thought of it as before GA, but what you are saying makes sense. I'll see if I can sneak it in.

Oh also, the MM offsets your required culture by a percentage, so it becomes really useful later in the game and is well worth the space.

Momonar

Regarding Endless Excavation - I find that the Tool production per square is better than a magic workshop at high levels. I would much rather spend my pop on factories than workshops, and really other buildings produce more than enough tools or tool instants that more than 2 magic workshops is not really needed for me.

i8sh

In the later game...your prosperity towers (PT) will outshine the endless excavation (EE) if you regularly do the 1st round of the tournament to 20 or more provinces (to collect PoP spells). I have both (EE=lvl 17 and PT=lvl 26) and only now keep the EE for the extra relics for event quests by completing a province - would sell it but hate to loose all the KP that was invested but you are right it does give a good amount of supplies.

I use 4 PoP spells/day on my 4 magic WS (I have no normal WS anymore) and have an overabundance of supplies - mind you the CH 15 WS upgrade was a game changer. If I were to start over, I would have sold the EE after fairies (if I was in a supply crunch and needed them), never upgraded it past perhaps lvl 2 or 3 and used my KP to invest in other AWs.

Deleted User - 1178646

Regarding Endless Excavation - I find that the Tool production per square is better than a magic workshop at high levels. I would much rather spend my pop on factories than workshops, and really other buildings produce more than enough tools or tool instants that more than 2 magic workshops is not really needed for me.
It is a totally useless wonder once you unock the late game magical workshops. 1 workshop produces more in 3 hours than EE in 1 day.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I use 4 PoP spells/day on my 4 magic WS (I have no normal WS anymore) and have an overabundance of supplies - mind you the CH 15 WS upgrade was a game changer. If I were to start over, I would have sold the EE after fairies (if I was in a supply crunch and needed them), never upgraded it past perhaps lvl 2 or 3 and used my KP to invest in other AWs.
I love my PT. Right now I have 4 magic workshops and 6 reg workshops and they don’t make enough supplies unless I sparkle the heck out of them, but 2 diff late game teammmates have warned me not to go overboard on PT too bc I will have excess supplies in late chapter when workshops upgrade. I will add @i8sh and @CrazyWizard to that list and consider myself warned 4x.

Deleted User - 1178646

I love my PT. Right now I have 4 magic workshops and 6 reg workshops and they don’t make enough supplies unless I sparkle the heck out of them, but 2 diff late game teammmates have warned me not to go overboard on PT too bc I will have excess supplies in late chapter when workshops upgrade. I will add @i8sh and @CrazyWizard to that list and consider myself warned 4x.
Prosperity Towers is good,
While the late game workshops are awesome, they really shine with a PoP on it.
The power of the prosperity tower is not in the supplies it gives each 3 hours but in the pop boosting power.

When I want to those a few weeks of timeboosters with bronw bear in my barracks, I need all the supplies I can get

Hueanthar

@Lemon Wren, I recommend the GA to all players, regardless of playing style. It's a little 3x3 building that will give you incredible population per square and coins, too. You're always going to need population and you're always going to need coins.

Using my own city as a reference, a Residence 33 (5x3) gives 3,900 population and 277,100 coins in 21 hours (260 population per square). My Golden Abyss 29 gives me 41,857 population and 1,998,750 coins every 3 hours (4,651 population per square). It would take almost 11 of these residences, and 165 squares, to equal the GA. (Wouldn't hurt to double-check my numbers on that.)

maeter75

@Lemon Wren, I recommend the GA to all players, regardless of playing style. It's a little 3x3 building that will give you incredible population per square and coins, too. You're always going to need population and you're always going to need coins.

Using my own city as a reference, a Residence 33 (5x3) gives 3,900 population and 277,100 coins in 21 hours (260 population per square). My Golden Abyss 29 gives me 41,857 population and 1,998,750 coins every 3 hours (4,651 population per square). It would take almost 11 of these residences, and 165 squares, to equal the GA. (Wouldn't hurt to double-check my numbers on that.)
Add my info to this old thread. My Level 30 Golden Abyss AW gives me 189K population and 16.5 Million coins every 3 hours.
Can beat that in a 3 by 3 space

Recently went for the prosperity Tower, after all my other AWs had reached high levels and I am finding it very useful even though its not yet at level 10. Increased spell strength and length is great. Picking up 700K supplies every 3 hours nive bonus. I cant imagine what its going to be in another 10+ levels.

Momonar

It is a totally useless wonder once you unock the late game magical workshops. 1 workshop produces more in 3 hours than EE in 1 day.
Only if your culture bonus is greater than 200%.

At 100% culture, a level 20 magical workshop produces 250k base per 9hr production, and 142k base per 3 hr production.
Assuming 3 collections per day (2x9 hr, 1 by 3hr), yields 642k absent any POP spells. Pop spell base boost is +200% so without a prosperity tower, but continuously boosted yields 1926k.

At max Main Hall level (chapter 20), a Level 19 EE yields 2600k per day.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Yes I built the Prosperity Towers two days ago after re-evaluating. It will quickly outproduce my other workshops and wonders.
1685144512018.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
Only if your culture bonus is greater than 200%.

At 100% culture, a level 20 magical workshop produces 250k base per 9hr production, and 142k base per 3 hr production.
Assuming 3 collections per day (2x9 hr, 1 by 3hr), yields 642k absent any POP spells. Pop spell base boost is +200% so without a prosperity tower, but continuously boosted yields 1926k.

At max Main Hall level (chapter 20), a Level 19 EE yields 2600k per day.

To give context, @CrazyWizard made his post before the prosperity tower and endless excavations were given the culture bonus for their own productions.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My Golden Abyss is at Level 22 with a population of 75,572--- so I'm getting around 8400 population per square of space. There is nothing else in the game that will give you that much population per square, and I've got a lot more levels to go before I'm done. That's the most efficient use of space I can think of. If you build anything in this game, the Golden Abyss is a must.

I built the crystal lighthouse and then sold it. Didn't seem very useful to me. Likewise with the endless excavation ... but that is good for early chapters, so you may as well keep it until it becomes useless, such as when the scouting times are a few days long.

The only wonders in the first 10 chapters that I feel are absolutely critical to the game are Golden Abyss, Prosperity Towers, Martial Monastery, Needles, and possibly mountain halls. (This is from the perspective of a half cater/half fight player.) Others will choose differently, I'm sure.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Is it time for a new thread? The OP's question was answered 2 years ago, and as @Pheryll mentioned, production conditions for some Wonders have changed, which makes some of the advice and opinions posted here moot.