• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8946

Awesome because it is a cool, new feature, with interesting mechanics?

Or

Awesome because it offers meaningful rewards? So far the commentary has been that the rewards aren't that great, cost a lot, take a lot of time, and are somewhat random re: when you can achieve them.

Yes.

DeletedUser12171

since this is basically a recycling of unwanted items, I kinda see the balance. you're not supposed to have a bunch of useless stuff suddenly turn into a lot of super stuff. it's more of things you can't use, into things you can. I like that you can make KP instants and time instants, I would make those for sure

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Awesome because it is a cool, new feature, with interesting mechanics?

Awesome because it offers meaningful rewards? So far the commentary has been that the rewards aren't that great, cost a lot, take a lot of time, and are somewhat random re: when you can achieve them.

I think the problem for me in most of this is that if the primary source of crafting supplies is breaking down spells, BUT spells are a key source of free mana via the Dragon Abbey, it will be hard to justify much crafting while mana is a crucial game resource. I caveat this with A. its beta, and we don't know the details, and B. I currently don't cook spells much, so if crafting promised strong rewards, I could offset the DA-mana loss just by cooking a lot more spells.

Right now, one of the primary sources is breaking down obsolete Event buildings!!! Which it will be fun to get rif of.

My first impression is that one will have to buy Diamonds to get your Academy to level 4 or 5, to make this work - without taking away the other uses of Spells. That is not such a bad idea; I already have a level four academy in two of my cities - and it makes an amazing difference!!!

DeletedUser5521

I think the problem for me in most of this is that if the primary source of crafting supplies is breaking down spells
I went through my Summonings Inventory today and "Disenchanted" a bunch of stuff that had been in there for many moons...stuff like some Ch. 2 low culture unicorns, those silly Woodelvenstock toilets, stuff like that, and came up with just under 1,800 (1,782) spell fragments to craft with. If I had the Combining Catalysts available, I could craft 4 of the things on my current menu with those spell fragments. I don't think anyone will have to disenchant spells necessarily, unless that's what they want to do. There should be plenty of other stuff to choose from :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HJK84

Love the idea. Looks like it going to take time, to test out and reconfigure if need be. Which I believe it will.

It entices people to pay more attention to MA, maybe upgrade it, which brings in some more Income to Inno. Always a + in my opinion :p

It also makes people think to compete more in Tournaments to fetch loads of Relics and Spells!
All in all, I love it, wait... I said that already :D

e - I will add. I had mentioned in another thread about, somehow getting rid of Event Buildings we don't want, which could maybe give a "blueprint" @SoggyShorts also commented in that thread.
I wonder if they took that idea and ran with it for this MA...

If so, I had stated long ago, if someones idea is taken by Inno in any shape or form, then added into the game, there should be some kind of "prize" even just a; Hey Thanks for your idea!
It's a glorious feeling to be a part of something and get a lil praise for it by Devs.
But that's just me being kind, do as you will :cool:

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

I think the kicker is the rewards from the Mystical Box which you aquire after "crafting" enough items. the rewards in that box are quite nice.

It's just yet another thing for us to spend some time at to aquire some nice and cool rewards.
But the price ain't cheap as you'll be making a lot of junk which costs tons of stuff to get enough points to open yet another mystical box.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts had the city mover come in and do a redesign, Edeba redid it.:) for me..
Not bad at all. A couple of strange choices like not having your workshops together, but a solid improvement on your old city. Do you have the link for your city that I designed? I'd like to compare the two.

I need to nuke my amuni stuff and prep my cities for completing the halloween event in 10 minutes:)After that, I need to do a massive overhaul

DeletedUser188

Since the Royal Restoration spell that was announced oh so long ago won't be ready til the end of the year,
Not sure where you read this but I cant find it so if its true please provide a link to that info
Since there are only 65 days left in 2018 I doubt they will release it before the end of the year

I'm guessing the crafting will be ready by winter 2019? :p More time for me to fill up on items to disenchant.
I wouldn't get my hopes up
The devs at inno games have a schedule and the date of release of crafting has already been decided
They like to stick to their schedule regardless
So the RR spell being broken wont delay the release of crafting to the live servers
It didn't delay the release of crafting on beta so don't be surprised if we see it released in the next couple of weeks

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Not sure where you read this but I cant find it so if its true please provide a link to that info
Since there are only 65 days left in 2018 I doubt they will release it before the end of the year

Timon and Rike explained the delay in release of Royal Restoration in a Q&A. Apparently, if one used it in the Browser version, that caused the App to crash - so after several tries at fixing it, they postponed it till the App version is ready.

They promised that it would come 'sometime this year'.

Deleted User - 1178646

If that cannot be done (e.g. because of technical dependencies or other time-critical tasks on the mobile side taking longer than expected), we may have to wait for the full implementation of the new spell in our mobile app before we can all enjoy it. That full implementation is currently scheduled to be finished latest in late 2018, which would then be the date on which we would see the Royal Restoration spell in Elvenar.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/behind-the-scenes-restoration-spell-chat.16846/

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I wonder if they intend to put Royal Restoration in the new crafting system.
I doubt it, obtained by 10 chest tourneys will be the standard...just like blueprints were...:)
No reason that they couldn't as long as the cost was high enough. Either as a prize in the mystery chest with a low % chance, or even craftable at a cost of many CC spells and a lot of Spell fragments.

hvariidh gwendrot

crafting the blueprints and restoration spells would be nice for those who don't have the 10 chest fellowships maybe discounts for diamond purchases or even magic buildings, i'm not in beta so not sure about particulars or what that would cost in items or time but seems like they should have a regular and super craft section for it by live and cover the bases

DeletedUser3507

Heck ebeda and I made a 18th rank FS into a 10th rank and we do 10 chest every week. So It's not all that dang difficult...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.