• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Heck ebeda and I made a 18th rank FS into a 10th rank and we do 10 chest every week. So It's not all that dang difficult
Wait, so are you saying that adding a player who has a score over 1.1 million with an average tournament score over 6,000 can help your FS?!!? Shocking.

If only 10 fellowships are getting blueprints, then that means that 98.5% of FS are not getting one.
In fact, only 350 players (4%) get enough points to do their share of 10 chests.

DeletedUser5521

Thank you Soggy. Some people live in the cutest little fantasy world all by their derned selves, it seems.. :rolleyes:

A-hem. So sorry to continue to keep this thread so off topic. But..seriously. :oops:

hvariidh gwendrot

i made 4 fellowship changes to get in to a 10 chest fellowship (3 out of 4 were very helpful and understanding, message me if you want to avoid the 4th lol) they all had players able to do 10 chests and others holding them back .. i was a bit more mercenary in finding a fellowship that does all the aspects of the game others get attached and stuck..i was making a point that they could tweek this crafting function to offer levels of crafts so all players have things they want/need to craft

Deleted User - 1178646

Wait, so are you saying that adding a player who has a score over 1.1 million with an average tournament score over 6,000 can help your FS?!!? Shocking.

If only 10 fellowships are getting blueprints, then that means that 98.5% of FS are not getting one.
In fact, only 350 players (4%) get enough points to do their share of 10 chests.

Let's be fair, it really ain't that hard.
The only hard part is getting the entire fellowship on the train for it.

upload_2018-10-28_16-7-25.png

A Fellowhip with these stats of random active newbies are doing 9 chests.
There strongest members are around 100K and are in the Orcs/woodelves chapters. the weakest player have 8000 points and are in chapter hopeless.
1 player is about to be kicked because of 30 points leech actions
It Won't take long before there able to get to the 10th chest.
But there active, and nuts enough to get to the 8th and 2nd rank in a BSA with as little as 20 players.

So it's all about activity/participation, not about difficulty.

I already see a recent increase of guilds making it to the 10th chest mark since the announcement of the restoration spell.
It seems it triggers more people to want those blueprints and are willing to do some tournaments for it.

The best example is a guild called camorra.
about 8 weeks ago there archmage told them he would leave since they were not willing to really invest in the tournament and he really wanted to upgrade his magic building.
Result the players aquired not the 1 blueprint the archmage wanted, but 3 in a few weeks time. it turned out it was a lot easier than they ever expected.

Dont forget, not that long ago each server had only 1 maybe 2 guilds making it to the 10th chest, these day's we are already talking about 10+
release the restoration spell and this number will only increase.

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
release the restoration spell and this number will only increase.
I agree. Building cities that produce resources for tournaments just like they produce resources for other things in the game is not that hard. I think the difficulty has been motivating large groups of people to do this. Some people are unable to see all the benefits of doing the tourneys. I believe it's because the rewards kind of trickle in and some of the biggest benefits (increased production boosts, increased relics for spells (and soon for crafting), AWkp instants (for smaller cities who don't yet grasp the importance of AW's) are long term ones. While I don't think most people are laser focused on 'immediate gratification', I do think most are closer to short-term gratification than long term goals if you look at it as a continuum. So, I definitely expect an uptick in interest in the tourneys when the Restoration Spell launches.

SoggyShorts

The only hard part is getting the entire fellowship on the train for it.
Exactly, and you know that a player with a score over 1 million is dedicated.
Only 350 players on Winy were dedicated enough to get 1600 points, and they are scattered among how many FS?
I can guarantee you this: They are already in a FS. So trying to find a dedicated player to join your FS for weekly 10 chest runs is really difficult.
There are only 2 possibilities:
1. They leave their FS and pick yours of the dozen or so that want 10 chests but are short players. If there is a FS already getting 10 chests and short players, then forget it, they will pick that one over you.
2. You try to get them to leave their FS and join yours. Out of desperation, I've actually tried poaching, and you should see some of the nasty replies you get. It doesn't matter how well you word the message, and if you are messaging a 2K points player in a 3 chest FS you will still be called every nasty name in the book. "Total scumbag who values tournament points over loyalty, and who will get nowhere in life" was one of my favorites. Admittedly I only sent about 7 or 8 messages, but ones like that made me never try again.

The other route is to take a non-dedicated player and mold them into a tournament player- also no easy task. It takes a while for a non-experienced player to shape their city into a tournament city, even with help.
Promises of blueprints are great for diamond players, but promises of RR spells that don't exist is harder, which brings us to:
I already see a recent increase of guilds making it to the 10th chest mark since the announcement of the restoration spell.
It seems it triggers more people to want those blueprints and are willing to do some tournaments for it.
I for sure saw this surge, and it helped us form into a 10 chest FS, but as the months went by, slowly turning into years it gets harder to entice players with the reward of restoration spells that feel like they'll never be implemented.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Halloween Event starts on Tuesday 30th.
Here is a video that you are welcome to share with friends who do not play on Beta
Please give it a like and subscribe if you want to be notified about our other breaking-news videos!
:)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Moonkyst

Headless Halloween event just started in Beta

Here are our event notes that I am busy working on right now - new stuff being added constantly.
Feel free to contribute suggestions, additions, etc.!!

You are welcome to share this link with friends who do not play on Beta World.
https://tinyurl.com/y7vnvnbt

44540190_10212693443471609_9094659812683153408_n.jpg
It's been a full week since this was posted. I'm just now getting the quest with 10 days to finish it. Not fair!

The Unbeliever

Any idea when the new Crafting feature will hit live?
I've got 600+ and counting EE spells that might now have an actual use! :p

Also Soggy: if you want to see what real savage butt-hurt & insults look like, you need to hang out at your local comics/gaming store when they're hosting a competitive Tragic The Saddening tournament!lol.
Good for popcorn, but also might have to duck and cover if things get seriously real...
(yes, people have actually stabbed/shot each other over a freaking competitive card game.)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Any idea when the new Crafting feature will hit live?
I've got 600+ and counting EE spells that might now have an actual use! :p

The Announcement made it clear that there is a lot of testing and improvement still to be done - but they decided to let Beta players share in the process, and make contributions too.

It could come any day - but it might be a while still!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.