• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A beta section rather than a single Beta thread would be much more practical!
It would make it much easier to look things up!!
Yup.

That said, I get their point. They've got a beta anyone can join and a whole separate forum for beta, why would they want to encourage people to talk about it here, where people who don't have a city on a US server can't participate?

Can you even join the Beta forum without a Beta account? I read the Beta forum but don't have a city in Beta. I think I tried to join once and couldn't.

Huh, apparently it does require a beta account to participate :(
The beta is also free to play in, and nothing stops you from creating a city then abandoning it, as we all know too well....

Alistaire

So they've posted about the event and the description sounds different now...

but you're certain to be successful with these quests if your buildings have been updgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research for Manufactories or in the previous 3 Chapters for Workshops

So manufactories are no longer 3 chapters back?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I am still upgrading two steel factories, they are at 20 upgrading to 21 at the moment. I really didn't need them either after getting two mermaid paradise's to help with T1 goods! I hope we can use the new spell to put them in the inventory between events or they are really going to be a waste of space.

Risen Malchiah

So, having spent two weeks upgrading buildings, I still have no factories that will work for the event.

FFS, what an ignorant way to treat players.
Umm... your city on Felyndral has 5 lvl 24 marble factories. All of those will work for this event for chapter 13 & 14. If you upgrade that lvl 21 marble to 24, you'll have 6 to work with.

You also have 7 workshops that will work. The 20's would need to be 26 and then you'd have 10 workshops which could be difficult to do unless you have extra pop/culture laying around. Maybe drop one lvl 20 workshop and upgrade the others to 26 which would give you 9.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Umm... your city on Felyndral has 5 lvl 24 marble factories. All of those will work for this event for chapter 13 & 14. If you upgrade that lvl 21 marble to 24, you'll have 6 to work with.

You also have 7 workshops that will work. The 20's would need to be 26 and then you'd have 10 workshops which could be difficult to do unless you have extra pop/culture laying around. Maybe drop one lvl 20 workshop and upgrade the others to 26 which would give you 9.
That city was never in doubt. It's my human city starting elementals that is screwed. Elves have a fairly easy time of it. It's the humans that can't upgrade fast enough to get anywhere.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ahh, I only saw the one city. Your elemental city must be under a different name. But by elementals, there's no difference between the elves & humans that I can see. You'll need level 22 workshops and lvl 20 factories. That shouldn't be too difficult.
Working non-stop it takes a human 16 hours longer to upgrade a factory to level 20 than it does for an elf. Sadly, I sleep, so lose 2-5 hours each day since most of those levels are 6 hours or less. Then another 2-7 hours while I'm at work. If you only had two, and only want two more, that's 32 extra hours of upgrades plus between 6 and 20 hours lost to unproductive time. Which doesn't include bringing four workshops up from 1 to to 20 to go with the 3 I had, and I burned most of my coin and supply instants trying to keep up with the last event.

Risen Malchiah

@Ashrem Yeah, if you were only running 2 factories and 3 workshops, I can see how it would be tough to catch up. Such a drastically barebones playstyle compared to your human city. Hopefully you have some time boosters to help out. But if not, I'd concentrate on workshops since they'll be more critical for the event. The factories will get there when they get there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Yeah, if you were only running 2 factories and 3 workshops, I can see how it would be tough to catch up. Such a drastically barebones playstyle compared to your human city. Hopefully you have some time boosters to help out. But if not, I'd concentrate on workshops. The factories will get there when they get there. The workshops will be more critical for the event.

I only had one Marble at my chapter 14 level, so I built two more to level 24. It took me about a week and a half to get them there. So far, according to elvengems, the most factory productions at one time for a quest is five 9-hour or seven 3-hour, and that number is not even encountered til after the 90th quest. I will see how it goes with my 3 factories.

Black watch

Upgrading factories and or building new ones to upgrade are not an option if you don't have the Population to do so... not to mention the space...
The limits as usual are pop and expansions... I don't have the luxury of either right now so I'm dreading the fall event...
Just another log on the fire so to speak...
:/

Alistaire

Upgrading factories and or building new ones to upgrade are not an option if you don't have the Population to do so... not to mention the space...
The limits as usual are pop and expansions... I don't have the luxury of either right now so I'm dreading the fall event...
Just another log on the fire so to speak...
:/
Building time is also a limit...I'm sitting on 2 wonders right now ready to upgrade but are gonna sit like that for a while.

Also just figured I might as well give away all my sentient goods since I'm not hitting the button to go into amuni and screw myself over, so no point holding those goods for 30 days of decay. This is all kinds of stupid.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Yeah, if you were only running 2 factories and 3 workshops, I can see how it would be tough to catch up. Such a drastically barebones playstyle compared to your human city. Hopefully you have some time boosters to help out. But if not, I'd concentrate on workshops since they'll be more critical for the event. The factories will get there when they get there.
I had enough mermaid and set buildings that I was having to trade supplies for goods in the trader at least twice a week until the upgrade push. If the group you're in doesn't do tournaments, it's not hard to get by on supplies and goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.